As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Photoshop touchup

Bwah?Bwah? Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
I don't need(but i wont deny help) someone to do this for me but was wondering if someone could tell me how to straighten the lines up in PS and touch up a photo to make it realistic. Any responses are appreciated.

story below(if interested)

I have a friend who in order to enlist he had to change his tattoo. Below is the design he will (probably) have it changed to. As of now his tattoo is still the old design (iron cross) and just to be safe (so he doesn't get a tattoo and denied again) he had it colored in with marker and is going to send it in to see if it clears so he doesn't get fucked. So the point is can anyone direct/help me/him touch up the tattoo (straighten up the lines? make it look more realistic?) in photoshop?

http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled12copynp1.jpg

MGSsig.jpg
Bwah? on

• Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Call me a dick, but maybe people trying to get guys with white supremacist tattoos into the military shouldn't get help.

supabeast on
  • Options
    Bwah?Bwah? Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I understand your point of view but I am not going to defend the usage of the Iron cross. But to make it short the iron cross isn't strictly used to be a "white pride" symbol. It's used by the U.S. gov't on sharpshooters,west coast, skating companies etc; point in case, he is not racist.

Bwah? on
    MGSsig.jpg
  • Options
    MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah right, everyone here is racist.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • Options
    The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    iceml5.jpg

The_Rat on
  • Options
    saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fucking win.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bwah? wrote: »
    I understand your point of view but I am not going to defend the usage of the Iron cross. But to make it short the iron cross isn't strictly used to be a "white pride" symbol. It's used by the U.S. gov't on sharpshooters,west coast, skating companies etc; point in case, he is not racist.

I know where you're coming from, but I also understand why the military errs on the side of caution with gigantic iron cross tattoos. When access to guns and bombs is involved, it's good to be cautious about guys who show such lapses in judgment.

supabeast on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This is in the AC now?

.....................lensflare?

In all seriousness though, if we could see the original tattoo it may help us to give you idea on what would work as far as covering goes.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A huge black circle.

iceberg on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    I don't quite understand why the military would have an issue with an iron cross tattoo. Then again, I don't think that the US military is very well educated in its history. It is not on par with the swastika. The iron cross was a Germanic wartime military award back before Germany was even a country. It was initially used in Prussia. It is by no means a racist emblem. A lot of people don't realize that.

Grifter on
  • Options
    erisian popeerisian pope Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    iceberg wrote: »
    A huge black circle.
    Might as well go ahead and make it an 8-ball. Use some of the negative space between cross-arms for the white circle.

8-balls are the pinnacle of style, right?

EDIT: one way to make a straight line is to use the pencil. Make a single dot where one end of the line will go, then move the pencil to where the other end will go and hold shift key down then click there. Voila! Instant straight line.

erisian pope on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    180px-Cheese_Grater.JPG

Seriously though, I dont see how 'cleaning up' the tattoo's edges is going to affect his chances any more or less. It's still a huge-ass ugly tattoo.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You could extend one leg of the cross into more of a crucifix.

iceberg on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    seriously call up the army or whatever and ask, an iron cross isn't a strictly racist symbol

Raneados on
  • Options
    Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    pretend it's a horrible birthmark.

Grim Outlook on