As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone here sell cars?... for a living (general career advice welcome)

LankyseanLankysean Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've been looking for a new job for awhile now, actually since I started the one I currently have because it ended up not being what they originally described. Over the last few months I've been browsing around on Careerbuilder and Indeed just to see if anything catches my eye. Long story short I almost always see advertisements for car sales people, never the same dealership but still pretty often. I currently work in a noncommissioned sales position (I have worked commission jobs before though) and I was thinking this may be a good industry to look for a better paying job. So I was just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience working at a dealership, I'm looking for day to day stuff what to keep an eye out for etc.

Lankysean on

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I've worked for a dealership, but not in sales.

I will say that you see ads for car sales people because the turnover is REALLY high. It's a tough gig, and it runs mostly on commission. At the dealership that I worked at, the most successful guy was a popular guy in high school 20 years ago, and he kept up his contacts. Most of the local people went to him. The guys that tried to rely on walk-ins did not last long.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    One of my best friends recently applied to be a car salesman, was told he was hired, went through a week long orientation, and was then told he owed them a few hundred dollars for a tuition fee on the orientation. So watch out for stuff like that.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    A lot of dealerships will also bring you in as a commission-based sales guy, then try to pressure sell you a high end car off the lot once they've got you pumped.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I looked into doing this (laws / policies / stuff may be different in your area, etc) - as well as real estate - and saw enough red flags to decide that these, for the most part, are dangerous traps.

1) In my opinion, you should almost never agree to a job that only pays you commission, even if you're a hot shot sales guy. Consider why a business would think that it's better to pay you a percentage of the money it makes on your sales rather than a standard wage (it's usually because the business knows that the sales market for their product is volatile, so they don't mind paying you a little extra in the boom times in exchange for getting free labour when things are bust).

Every car sales position I saw was commission only.

2) Never pay someone to work for them. It's almost always a total scam: the company knows that the position involves high turnover, or worse, knows that sales figures are pretty bad, so this is a sort of buffer income for them.

A LOT of car dealerships have some 'training program' or whatever other bullshit that they want you to pay for up front, with some promise to later refund this money after you get your first 'X' sales.

If you can find a dealership that will pay you wage or salary + commission, though, I'd say go for it.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    I looked into doing this (laws / policies / stuff may be different in your area, etc) - as well as real estate - and saw enough red flags to decide that these, for the most part, are dangerous traps.

1) In my opinion, you should almost never agree to a job that only pays you commission, even if you're a hot shot sales guy. Consider why a business would think that it's better to pay you a percentage of the money it makes on your sales rather than a standard wage (it's usually because the business knows that the sales market for their product is volatile, so they don't mind paying you a little extra in the boom times in exchange for getting free labour when things are bust).

Every car sales position I saw was commission only.

2) Never pay someone to work for them. It's almost always a total scam: the company knows that the position involves high turnover, or worse, knows that sales figures are pretty bad, so this is a sort of buffer income for them.

A LOT of car dealerships have some 'training program' or whatever other bullshit that they want you to pay for up front, with some promise to later refund this money after you get your first 'X' sales.

If you can find a dealership that will pay you wage or salary + commission, though, I'd say go for it.

A commission sales person is still entitled to at least minimum wage, right? although if you didn't make at least that, you'd probably quit pretty fast.

I know at carmax (a big, fairly 'legit' car place) they are paid a fixed amount per car, it's not a percentage. (OK, I don't KNOW it but I spent a month or so testdriving luxury cars and I got one sales guy to eat lunch with me and drink at said lunch, and that's what he told me)

• Options
    A commission sales person is still entitled to at least minimum wage, right? although if you didn't make at least that, you'd probably quit pretty fast.

Not in my former good 'ol fun times province of Alberta. Again, laws / policies may differ depending on where you live and all that.

In my old stomping grounds, if you sign an employment contract agreeing to accept sales-only payment (I forget the precise legal term), you are fucked (well, unless you're a hot shot who happens to get on board during a market boom).

A lot of places have decided to offer minimum wage + sales anyway, I imagine just to maintain company policy congruency, but dealerships weren't among those places last time I looked into it.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Oh. And this should also be said:

If you're going to get a job doing wage + commission work, make sure the wage alone is sufficient to live on. It should be able to cover your rent, food and at least your basic utility expenses. You don't want to suddenly get fucked-over and be unable to make rent or, y'know, eat food during a bad month.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Oh. And this should also be said:

If you're going to get a job doing wage + commission work, make sure the wage alone is sufficient to live on. It should be able to cover your rent, food and at least your basic utility expenses. You don't want to suddenly get fucked-over and be unable to make rent or, y'know, eat food during a bad month.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I couldn't, the place I was looking at most recently offers a base salary but it's not very good $350 a week. Most places don't offer a base salary at all and that's just too risky. I think this is a career better left so someone more aggressive then I am when it comes to sales. Welp back to the old job search...

• Options
    That sucks. Sorry for the bad news, man.

Out of curiosity, since you were looking into vehicle sales, do you live in a larger city that might have an aircraft dealership? This might seem waaaay out there, but the biggest success story I know of for direct sales was an uncle of mine that sold Learjets to millionaires. Very soft market, actually, and they offered a competitive wage along with the commissions.

Just a thought.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

That isn't how sales works. The compensation is structured around sales. You don't get a gold star for showing up, you get it for closing.

It is not for everyone.

• Options

Out of curiosity, since you were looking into vehicle sales, do you live in a larger city that might have an aircraft dealership?

There are actually a lot of minor airports near me but none of them sell/rent aircraft, they are more like private parking lots for people that already have the craft. Anyway, this was just another fruitless venture that came about because I'm trying to get out of retail.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular

Out of curiosity, since you were looking into vehicle sales, do you live in a larger city that might have an aircraft dealership? This might seem waaaay out there, but the biggest success story I know of for direct sales was an uncle of mine that sold Learjets to millionaires. Very soft market, actually, and they offered a competitive wage along with the commissions.

Just a thought.

or boats. markup on boats is fucking stupid high.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Not really the market to be selling luxury goods right now.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    I would disagree, Darkewolfe. The new gilded age we find ourselves in means that the ultrarich are spending lots. I'd want to be selling bentleys in this market, just not lexuses.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Not really the market to be selling luxury goods right now.

it's not three years ago. It really depends where you live in the country. I live in Salt Lake, and everybody is just kind of motoring around, ignoring the recession in the rest of the country.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

Not in my former good 'ol fun times province of Alberta. Again, laws / policies may differ depending on where you live and all that.

In my old stomping grounds, if you sign an employment contract agreeing to accept sales-only payment (I forget the precise legal term), you are fucked (well, unless you're a hot shot who happens to get on board during a market boom).

A lot of places have decided to offer minimum wage + sales anyway, I imagine just to maintain company policy congruency, but dealerships weren't among those places last time I looked into it.

I'm pretty sure that in the entiriety of the US this is incorrect. If you are a server your hourly pay is under minimum wage. However if wage + tips is still under minimum wage, the company you work for has to make up the difference to get you up to minimum wage. At least that was how it was presented in the book Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that in the entiriety of the US this is incorrect. If you are a server your hourly pay is under minimum wage. However if wage + tips is still under minimum wage, the company you work for has to make up the difference to get you up to minimum wage. At least that was how it was presented in the book Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich.

Even if that was the case, minimum wage is not where I need to be. I currently make $13/Hr and to pay all my bills I need to make at least $10.54/Hr for at least 32 hours a week... ideally I'd like to earn about $40,000 a year so I have enough money to pay all the bills and sent aside a decent amount of money each pay period. Also, many dealerships that I've seen do not offer health insurance and that's just a good way to get murdered in medical debt. Unfortunately I have no real skills (or education) other than sales and customer service with a bit of mid level management in a retail environment. The problem comes down to not being able to afford to go back to school, and not being able to make enough money to go back to school without actually being done with school... it's a really crappy situation to be stuck in and I just can't figure out what to do about it.

• Options
    well, at a carmax, you make about 150 per car (flat rate - whether it's a civic or a jag, which actually can help you sell jags, believe it or not, since if you disclose it to the guy, he knows you have no vested interest in moving the jag per se)

and your quota is around 5 a pay period, so you'd have to make your nut to keep your job.

you also get bonuses based on selling warranties, service agreements, directing them to internal finance, etc which are not really hard sells on the late model used stuff they mostly work with.

They probably do a small salary plus a minimum commission draw.

If you have some sales sense, you could really make money there, and they do have benefits. It's actually my "back up plan" if something sours where I'm at - I knew so much about the cars on the lot when I walked in, and then I ended up pushing the salesguy out of his seat and showing him how to navigate their computer system...the manager came over and asked me about working part time.

On a couple job websites they list "sales associates" as making 20-76k with an average of 39,000

Again, though, this is just one chain, and it's one of the more above board - but it also has a kind of low, flat, volume based commission setup.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Consider applying @ GE.com. I know (from a presentation that they did) that a degree is not a must, and having life-experience, customer service experience, and sales experience might get you in.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    DragosaiDragosai Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I worked in car sales for 6 years, 3 doing wholesale work and 3 doing retail. It is a very interesting world and one that I am glad I got to experience. Somethings I can pass along for the OP, with the caveat that I sold cars about 15 years ago.

First off if you are already doing sales I would say it's worth a try if you can find a "good" dealership to work for. I worked for two different dealerships and they had different compensation but both ways were typical of how things work in most dealers. One place you were either a new car sales person or a used car sales person. I sold new cars and got 20% commission on the gross profit of the car, plus a weekly salary fixed regardless of sales numbers, I am not sure how the used only folks got compensated. I forget exactly what the fixed weekly pay was but I think it was around $300/week, again 15 years ago so take that into account. The other place I worked was still the 20% commission on the gross but you could sell new and used, with a "draw" salary. I think the draw salary was like $200/week and if you sold zero units that week then you got your $200 which would be "payed back" from any future sales. This was pretty typical of the industry. Most new cars the dealership would make anywhere from $0 to $2600 profit on, there was a minimum commission of $50. Used cars could be all over place but it was where you really made your money as the dealer might only have $8000 in a car they can sell for $12000. There was also a bonus structure that changed depending on the time of year but most often it was thing like selling 3+ cars on Saturday & Sunday would get you another $100 -$200 depending on time of year and other factors. Then monthly bonuses based on total sales which was something like 15/month =$150, 20/month = $250, 30+/month = $500 and other things like this. I once got a $1000 bonus above commission on a used car that had been sitting on the lot for a very long time, again "good" dealerships have these kinds of things to drive you.

My first year I made a little over $30k, which was typical for a first year car sales person. My second year I made $60K, and my third year I made about the same, this was when my "drive" to sell and do this for a living was burning out and as soon as you lose the taste for it you just can't be good at it anymore. The top sales person was making about $120k/year.

I would only suggest someone trying this out if they have some savings to fall back on for the first month to see if it will work for you. It's a very hard industry things might have changed but when I was selling my schedule was 6 days a week open to close which was about 62 hours/week. Most weeks I would end up working 7 days because I would often have someone picking up a car on my one day off.

From what I see now I think dealerships have cut back on over all hours of operations and are not making people work as many hours as they see the burnout but this of course can all depend on the dealership.

My last bit of advice is that for the most part just about everyone has had a horrible car buying experience and this jades them for all future purchases so overcoming and thriving in that environment is for sure not for everyone. The real key is finding a good dealership that is really about reputation and doing right by customers.

Dragosai on
  • Options
    MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Read this: http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/confessions-of-a-car-salesman.html

It's about a writer they sent to be a car salesman and report back on what it's like.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    If you do become a car salesperson, for the love of God, please learn everything about the car.
    The sizes of engines, bhp and torque, gas mileage, suspension, transmission, differences between models, weight, storage capacity, do the rear seats fold down, how do you turn on the lights on the inside and out, etc.
    I can understand if you're working in used car sales, as the cars come and go a lot and you often don't have the time to learn everything about each car. But if you're selling Subaru's, I expect you to be a damned expert at something. I shouldn't be sitting there googling the thing on my phone in front of you because you do not know.

• Options
    That and a) listen to people and b) don't pre judge them. My uncle is a millionaire, and when he last car shopped, he wore a memeworthy wolf t shirt, sandals with white socks and shorts, and left his false teeth out...they kept trying to show him 10 year old corrolas and hes was like "cah dee lack, gawdammit, fastest one they make with awl the shit in it" and the didn't even want him to test drive it, it was epic

Dragosai, any shopping tips? One thing i did was I switched cars buying this subaru - got them to pad my trade on an infiniti m45,at 9%, got the trade value in writing and came in w my own loan at 2.5 and applied it to a car that was on sale...i think i made some money for my time that way...

• Options
    Consider applying @ GE.com. I know (from a presentation that they did) that a degree is not a must, and having life-experience, customer service experience, and sales experience might get you in.

You are right, I looked at their website and almost every position they have on it says "4 year degree or x years of experience". I didn't see anything that was in my whole "customer service and sales" department but I'll keep an eye out.

As for carmax, I gotta say Ive never even heard of them, I wonder if they are in NJ. I don't mind working under a quota system but only if they are achievable quotas. My last job had quotas that where impossible to meet, they expected you to sell 10 phones a day but the store would only get 8 customers a day and there where 3 employees working there each day. I'll look into them as well.

• Options
    Sure sounds like it JohnnyCache, the M is cool ride you don't see a lot of them which is a plus in my book as it's cool to have a more "rare" car. Funny the story you told about your uncle is very true about not judging people, I was told a story like it about a wealthy farmer that went to buy two cars one for each of his sons, but he showed up at the dealership in his dirt stained overalls and no one would give him the time of day.

• Options
    If you do become a car salesperson, for the love of God, please learn everything about the car.
    The sizes of engines, bhp and torque, gas mileage, suspension, transmission, differences between models, weight, storage capacity, do the rear seats fold down, how do you turn on the lights on the inside and out, etc.
    I can understand if you're working in used car sales, as the cars come and go a lot and you often don't have the time to learn everything about each car. But if you're selling Subaru's, I expect you to be a damned expert at something. I shouldn't be sitting there googling the thing on my phone in front of you because you do not know.

Wow has that actually happened to you? That's bonkers, as a general rule I try and learn everything I can about what I'm selling. I'm already fairly knowledgeable when it comes to cars as they are a hobby of mine and I spend a fair bit of time researching them. When I get bored I often look into my "next" car even though I just bought one a year ago... I actually had an amazing buying experience when I got the car I have, I went completely through the dealerships E-sales department, did 99.98% of the work over the computer and phone, when I went down to the dealership all I needed to do was sign my paper work and hand them the check for the down payment. I wouldn't mind doing e-sales actually but I never see opening for that.

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    The best tactic I've seen from a car salesman was to not say anything, not ask questions, and to basically answer "I don't know" to any question with respect to anything but the broadest technical data on the car. I thought it was brilliant. I didn't feel lied to cause he just had no useful info (or at least wouldn't provide it), nor did I feel like he was trying to make friendly with me to get me to drop my guard, and he only talked when we were talking about making a deal and the particulars were about the deal. This guy was consistently in the top 2 for sales for that dealership. That said I have a good idea if I want a car before I even walk onto a lot and it's just a matter of the TD not throwing any warnings and pricing.

Most particulars don't matter. Who cares how many HP or torques it has or whether or not it has 4 wheel independent suspension so long as you enjoy the driving experience? If you need to know the trailering capacity cause you're hauling a boat around then wouldn't you find that out for yourself from edmunds or somesuch instead of asking someone whose primary motivation is to sell you any car on the lot? Knowing the difference between the models is useful, though there's a sticker on the thing that tells you what's on the car along with the EPA ratings for mileage (if you chose not to do any research before walking onto the lot).

The modern car buyer does a shitload of research on his own and will very likely know more about the car than the salesman, so if your goal is to sell cars I think it most important not to waste anyone's time, do follow up calls/emails, cultivate a friendship with the sales manager, and generally not telegraph fakeness to your prospects.

It'd be great if sales guys were experts in their field, but I'm never going to trust their word anyways when I'm dropping or borrowing 5 digits to buy something that I'll be using on a daily basis. If you can get a service guy to talk candidly about a model that'd probably be more useful.

Djeet on
  • Options
    Dragosai wrote: »
    Sure sounds like it JohnnyCache, the M is cool ride you don't see a lot of them which is a plus in my book as it's cool to have a more "rare" car. Funny the story you told about your uncle is very true about not judging people, I was told a story like it about a wealthy farmer that went to buy two cars one for each of his sons, but he showed up at the dealership in his dirt stained overalls and no one would give him the time of day.

No, i mean he wanted to put me in the infinity so bad, he piled on trade value rather than reduction in car price..., i got that trade offer in writing, then came in a day later and applied the written offer of trade to a much cheaper car.

The infinti is cool, though, I'm probably going to get an m56x sport when my subaru is paid off, if subaru doesn't do a legacy gt in their new longer body (i need the headroom)

• Options
    Well thanks for the advice, I don't think I want to sell cars... seems like a super giant headache and risky in the pay department.

The search continues!!!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That and a) listen to people and b) don't pre judge them. My uncle is a millionaire, and when he last car shopped, he wore a memeworthy wolf t shirt, sandals with white socks and shorts, and left his false teeth out...they kept trying to show him 10 year old corrolas and hes was like "cah dee lack, gawdammit, fastest one they make with awl the shit in it" and the didn't even want him to test drive it, it was epic

Dragosai, any shopping tips? One thing i did was I switched cars buying this subaru - got them to pad my trade on an infiniti m45,at 9%, got the trade value in writing and came in w my own loan at 2.5 and applied it to a car that was on sale...i think i made some money for my time that way...

When I was working as a diesel technician, one of our regular customers (Volvo trucks dealership) went to Toyota to try and buy three top-of-the-range Landcruisers.

He's old and crippled, and favours sneakers, trackpants and knitted jumpers over a suit. The sales guys wouldn't even talk to him.

He bought three fully kitted-out Land Rover Discoverys instead. With cash. Dude's worth tens of millions...

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Djeet wrote: »
    The best tactic I've seen from a car salesman was to not say anything, not ask questions, and to basically answer "I don't know" to any question with respect to anything but the broadest technical data on the car. I thought it was brilliant. I didn't feel lied to cause he just had no useful info (or at least wouldn't provide it), nor did I feel like he was trying to make friendly with me to get me to drop my guard, and he only talked when we were talking about making a deal and the particulars were about the deal. This guy was consistently in the top 2 for sales for that dealership. That said I have a good idea if I want a car before I even walk onto a lot and it's just a matter of the TD not throwing any warnings and pricing.

Most particulars don't matter. Who cares how many HP or torques it has or whether or not it has 4 wheel independent suspension so long as you enjoy the driving experience? If you need to know the trailering capacity cause you're hauling a boat around then wouldn't you find that out for yourself from edmunds or somesuch instead of asking someone whose primary motivation is to sell you any car on the lot? Knowing the difference between the models is useful, though there's a sticker on the thing that tells you what's on the car along with the EPA ratings for mileage (if you chose not to do any research before walking onto the lot).

The modern car buyer does a shitload of research on his own and will very likely know more about the car than the salesman, so if your goal is to sell cars I think it most important not to waste anyone's time, do follow up calls/emails, cultivate a friendship with the sales manager, and generally not telegraph fakeness to your prospects.

It'd be great if sales guys were experts in their field, but I'm never going to trust their word anyways when I'm dropping or borrowing 5 digits to buy something that I'll be using on a daily basis. If you can get a service guy to talk candidly about a model that'd probably be more useful.

The salesperson should know every fucking detail of the car they are trying to sell, especially if they work for a brand dealership selling new cars.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I think @chimera sells cars when she's not chasing storms.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    I do indeed sell cars and the chasing season is over so I am at my dealership full time!

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Lankysean wrote: »
    Well thanks for the advice, I don't think I want to sell cars... seems like a super giant headache and risky in the pay department.

The search continues!!!

If you have a lot of experience in a retail environment or is a sales position, look at cell phone sales. There's a commission element plus an hourly rate (this ratio depends greatly on whether you're direct, working for AT&T Verizon etc, or indirect, working for an authorized retailer) but the high turnover of retail works in your favor here if you're any good. Good salespeople rise to the top, everyone else looks for greener pastures.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    The salesperson should know every fucking detail of the car they are trying to sell, especially if they work for a brand dealership selling new cars.

Best technique for sales is up for interpretation, but are you really going to trust a commissions-based salesperson to provide you accurate information on something you're going to spend or borrow $20K+ to buy? When buying a house are you only going to base your purchase based on the word of the seller and listing agent?

• Options
    I sure as hell wouldn't trust a salesperson who couldn't accurately and concisely answer every technical question I have about the vehicle, no.

• Options
    Well that is reasonable at a Subaru dealership en re this year's subarus .... it's not reasonable for every car on an all flavors used lot, as that's a body of trivia not even car enthusiasts truly master.

• Options
    Lankysean wrote: »

The search continues!!!

If you have a lot of experience in a retail environment or is a sales position, look at cell phone sales. There's a commission element plus an hourly rate (this ratio depends greatly on whether you're direct, working for AT&T Verizon etc, or indirect, working for an authorized retailer) but the high turnover of retail works in your favor here if you're any good. Good salespeople rise to the top, everyone else looks for greener pastures.

I actually work at a cell phone store now, used to work for tmobile before my current job. I'm trying to get away from retail in general. I have some managent experience so I'm thinking the next step is office manager for an eye glasses place or something along those lines. Still customer service but not sales per say. I'm actually going to reopen this as there is still some good advice going on here.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I think everyone knows someone with a story like this. However, no one ever tells the story of the crazy homeless guy that wandered into a Mercedes dealership and fucked up an S Class because the salesman didn't judge a book by it's cover.

:P

• Options

Actually this is really not so true, sure you would think this should/would be the case but it's not really the most important thing at all.
    Very few people really care about details of a car that much that they will ask the dealer about them. Most people will get such data online anyway. I found that maybe 1% (mostly engineer type people being that 1%) of car buyers I dealt with really had technical or detailed questions, most asked questions that they already knew and that anyone could see right on the window sticker.

When all is said and done most sales are made because the customer "bought" the sales person, not the actual product. I had a lot of customers that came to me, then shopped at another dealer yet came back to me to buy the car, even sometimes at a worse price, because they liked how they were treated better by me then at the other place.