Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

My First Car Accident

AirAir Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Social Entropy++
wtf i was turning into the side street of a t junction from the far side of the street where i had a green light and everything

and traffic coming from the other direction can turn into the side street anytime as long as they look out for other cars turning in (such as me)

and some idiot lady in a mercedes is all 'nah im just gonna keep driving into you cos i got a green light even though it only applies to people going straight and has no effect on the turn'

thanks dumb lady
for denting my car
i hope your insurance goes way up

Air on
darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
«1345

Posts

  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetSuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
  • CG FaggotryCG Faggotry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe you dinged her, though.

    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    she got a bit of a dent too but so what

    fuck her

    it wasnt a bad hit but it was the bumper of her heavy mercedes into the side of my papier mache toyota echo

    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Take joy in knowing it will probably cost her twenty times more to fix the damages to her car than the damage to your Echo.

  • TaramoorTaramoor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oden wrote: »
    Take joy in knowing it will probably cost her twenty times more to fix the damages to her car than the damage to your Echo.


    Hell, he could probably replace the echo for the cost of the repairs to her car.

  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That'll teach you to turn...from the far lane...at a T junction...and her...to...not do...whatever it is she did...that was wrong.

    Man, can you make a chart or something? I have no idea what happened.

    sig_lambo.jpg
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    untitlediw9.png

    I think that's what happened.

    Even if it is wrong, it was a woman in a Mercedes.

    They are always, always in the wrong.

  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Oden wrote: »
    Take joy in knowing it will probably cost her twenty times more to fix the damages to her car than the damage to your Echo.


    Hell, he could probably replace the echo for the cost of the repairs to her car.

    im sure that will make him feel better

    FqmsaJ6.png
  • edited March 2007
    People who turn into the wrong lane piss me right off. If you are in the far-right lane before the turn, you turn into the far right lane. You do not just arbitrarily select a lane and go for it regardless of what people around you are doing.

    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • edited March 2007
    brrrrummmm, cars

  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro Frame Runner Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have only been in one real accident, and it was so my fault. I looked to the left for a second because I saw something flash and I was like, "Hey, what the heck was that," and then I looked back forward and the car in front of me had slammed his brakes but I didn't see at first because I had turned and also because we were going over a hill, and I slammed my brakes but I just barely nudged him. Amazingly his Ford Focus didn't have a mark on it, but my Blazer's bumper was dented. He checked his car out and was like, "Well, there's nothing wrong, I guess we can go on our way," and that is probably the most relieved I've ever been.

    And then I got my new Camry and someone backed into it in the parking lot while I was at work and so I don't know who fucking did it and goddamn it still annoys me.

    QZnffQa.jpg
    PSN & XBL - OFRunner | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oden wrote: »
    Even if it is wrong, it was a woman in a Mercedes.

    They are always, always in the wrong.

    Good point. I missed that part.

    sig_lambo.jpg
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The worst are mothers with Range Rovers, X5s, Cayennes, M-Class', Land Cruisers and so on who all quadruple park in two way streets while waiting to pick up their stupid kids from school.

    PS school zones are retarded and I shouldn't be forced to drive 40 during peak hour traffic on a six lane highway for less than 100 meters
    especially when the school is a highschool
    why do school zones even exist for highschools

  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    acc.jpg

    well okay oden basically got it i think
    this basically just adds the traffic island which she was supposed to wait at behind the dotted line, but she kept going and hit me about where the word 'traffic' is

    the other thing is that the main road is 6 lanes wide, so i can only go with a green turn signal which i had

    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If you own a Mercedes that means you can do what you want on the road, it is in the T&C of the contract.

  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DaySleeper wrote: »
    People who turn into the wrong lane piss me right off. If you are in the far-right lane before the turn, you turn into the far right lane. You do not just arbitrarily select a lane and go for it regardless of what people around you are doing.

    Some asshole did that to me this morning. Apparently I was just supposed to know he wanted the right hand lane even though he was in the left lane and I should not have been in his way. He is a very busy man.


    Edit:

    So I'm guessing Air had a green arrow for a right turn and this lady made a left turn any time with a yield into the same physical space. Bitch needs to learn what fucking yield means.

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    yeah if crazy aussie land is anything like AMERICA then you had the right of way and you should tell her so

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I blame Grand Theft Auto for all this.

  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    and holy fuck i just realised something
    she said she had a green light, which is only for people going straight anyway

    except it couldnt have been green because i was able to turn across the whole intersection with my green light

    that bitch



    there is something else
    she was asian
    and like, 60 years old

    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    DaySleeper wrote: »
    People who turn into the wrong lane piss me right off. If you are in the far-right lane before the turn, you turn into the far right lane. You do not just arbitrarily select a lane and go for it regardless of what people around you are doing.

    Some asshole did that to me this morning. Apparently I was just supposed to know he wanted the right hand lane even though he was in the left lane and I should not have been in his way. He is a very busy man.

    I like when people are all "wooo!" and indicate for 0.5seconds midway through the turn and act like those are the magic words for me to move over
    remember
    this is mid turn
    dont worry about that median strip, oncoming traffic and wide variety of steel poles

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    she might have had a green light if there wasn't a filter light

    I'm not familiar with the left turn rules in Australia

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Air wrote: »
    and holy fuck i just realised something
    she said she had a green light, which is only for people going straight anyway

    except it couldnt have been green because i was able to turn across the whole intersection with my green light

    that bitch



    there is something else
    she was asian
    and like, 60 years old

    If your traffic signs are anything like in the states, there was a yield/caution sign for her turn. She needs to stop if there is traffic coming through, not just go willy nilly into the street using her Force powers to prevent collisions between solid objects.

  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That woman was so wrong and she could have really truly killed herself

    in that situation the only traffic that is moving are all the cars turning right
    so yeah, she was supposed to wait and is a huge moron face

  • edited March 2007
    We have an intersection where there are three one way streets and one two-way street with funny angles. You can make a right turn from the one way to the other one way at any time (from any lane) as long as it's clear. I have seen two people, total, turn into the correct lane while making this right turn. I drive through this intersection almost every day.

    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    as ruling Golden God, I have deemed this woman to be in the wrong and command her to pay all bills and expenses and then do 20 pushups

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oden wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    DaySleeper wrote: »
    People who turn into the wrong lane piss me right off. If you are in the far-right lane before the turn, you turn into the far right lane. You do not just arbitrarily select a lane and go for it regardless of what people around you are doing.

    Some asshole did that to me this morning. Apparently I was just supposed to know he wanted the right hand lane even though he was in the left lane and I should not have been in his way. He is a very busy man.

    I like when people are all "wooo!" and indicate for 0.5seconds midway through the turn and act like those are the magic words for me to move over
    remember
    this is mid turn
    dont worry about that median strip, oncoming traffic and wide variety of steel poles

    The best are the people who feel like making a right turn from the far left lane of a 3 lane road. I've seen a woman go perpendicular to traffic to get from the left and go into a Dunkin Donuts. She was quite lucky I did not have a hunting rifle in the Jeep that day.

  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I hate those pedestrians that try to trick you into hitting them by walking on the sidewalks and going into buildings

    yeah as if my car cant follow you in there

    FqmsaJ6.png
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I am a tremendous driver and it makes me sad that my car is a giant heap of shit.
    But it is not like I've been driving it a lot lately.

    This is not entirely because the brake rotors and rear bushings need to be replaced.
    Apparently "stopping" is an important of the automotive process.

  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    :(

    I thought this was going to be a thread about how you had Taco Bell for dinner and then didn't quite make the race home quick enough.

    :(

    $('#you').appendTo('#compton').css('color', 'white');
    
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    well it is very clear cut
    should be fun if she still tries to claim it was my fault somehow


    oden dont drive a crap car
    buy one with brakes
    then when you are bored you can stop short on busy roads and kill an hour or so arguing with the guy who crashed into you from behind about sudden braking vs leaving distance between the car in front
    and then they will have to pay because they should have left a gap

    tip: do this when there is an expensive car like a porsche or a ferrari behind you
    they have good brakes so there is a chance they may stop in time, but if they dont the payoff would be hilarious

    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man I can't afford to buy half my text books let alone another car.

    Besides a VS Commodore is a giant manly tank and is fun to drive when it works.

  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    as ruling Golden God, I have deemed this woman to be in the wrong and command her to pay all bills and expenses and then do 20 pushups


    Goblin King?

    sharaandthegoblinkingcloseanddancin.jpg

    goblinkindonstairs.jpg


  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys I'm gonna go eat breakfast

    PRAY FOR MEEEEE

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    Guys I'm gonna go eat breakfast

    PRAY FOR MEEEEE
    What are you gonna have photobagel?


  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    toyota echo?

    thank god you're alive

    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    DaySleeper wrote: »
    People who turn into the wrong lane piss me right off. If you are in the far-right lane before the turn, you turn into the far right lane. You do not just arbitrarily select a lane and go for it regardless of what people around you are doing.

    That pisses me off also and I see people do it all the fucking time.

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    People who change lanes in the middle of an intersection piss me off.

    You're in the far lane and I want to turn into the near lane and just before I turn, you decide to change lanes in the intersection.

    FUCK YOU, BUDDY.

    $('#you').appendTo('#compton').css('color', 'white');
    
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Of course you must realize that not all drivers are always completely familiar with the location they are in, and thus not as learned on the layout of the road.

    bar-cc-1.jpg
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Of course you must realize that not all drivers are always completely familiar with the location they are in, and thus not as learned on the layout of the road.

    That's why God (Geek-signal activated) made traffic signs and invented common sense.

    $('#you').appendTo('#compton').css('color', 'white');
    
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Of course you must realize that not all drivers are always completely familiar with the location they are in, and thus not as learned on the layout of the road.

    That's why God (Geek-signal activated) made traffic signs and invented common sense.

    I doubt the majority of the populace here is equipped to deal judgements regarding common sense.

    bar-cc-1.jpg
«1345
Sign In or Register to comment.