Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Rorschach in extended 300 trailer

BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA
edited March 2007 in Graphic Violence
9754eed0f32171befa5d8edht6.jpg
Saw this over at SA. I think I just nerdgasmed in my pantaloons :(

Background: Zach Snyder slipped a Rorschach frame into the extended 300 trailer. Also reported on at: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31814

Edit: high res here: http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1253/rorshachbadgepk8.jpg

Bobo on
«134

Posts

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That looks awful

    7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How else can you do a Full White Mask. It's not exactly going to be skin tight.

    It looks fine, it looks real. Watchmen is supposed to feel real.

  • BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA
    edited March 2007
    Ah, I guess it's a test shot ... interesting nonetheless.

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    How else can you do a Full White Mask. It's not exactly going to be skin tight.

    It looks fine, it looks real. Watchmen is supposed to feel real.


    It needs to be less skintight. It makes whoever that is look like they have an alien head

    7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • LejinLejin Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Looks pretty spiffy to me, esp the high res image(which doesn't have as much lighting)

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    And the pattern kind of resembles a face so he looks goofy

    7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    And you made a whole thread about it. I'm amused.

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's probably that the mask just won't ever look as good as the comic

    7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You cant have real masks like in the comics, Read people have big ears.

  • natxcrossnatxcross Registered User
    edited March 2007
    They're not really making a film out of Watchmen, are they?

  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    natxcross wrote: »
    They're not really making a film out of Watchmen, are they?

    They've only been trying since the early 90's

    seems the guy that's doing 300 has the green light to go with it

    PSN; AlbertBOMB
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've seen that Rorschach before. He got it from 'Watchmen-page 5'

    Seach it on youtube. I'll wait.

    edit-or not.

    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
  • GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    And the pattern kind of resembles a face so he looks goofy

    The mask resembles a face quite commonly (at least 3 times if I remember) It resembles clown make up every time he's forced to embrace his ideals by a situation.

    GimpyBoy.gif
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    GimpyBoy wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    And the pattern kind of resembles a face so he looks goofy

    The mask resembles a face quite commonly (at least 3 times if I remember) It resembles clown make up every time he's forced to embrace his ideals by a situation.

    Yes, I know

    but the one in that frame just looks goofy

    unless they're actually going to do the "change the design every time" thing

    7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • edited March 2007
    what
    the
    fuck
    i
    dont
    understand
    its
    actually
    happening
    i
    dont
    know
    what
    to
    think

    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    God. This is about as good an idea as making an anime based on Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.

  • edited March 2007
    He's holding a :) I didn't notice.

    It has the blood.

    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    GimpyBoy wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    And the pattern kind of resembles a face so he looks goofy

    The mask resembles a face quite commonly (at least 3 times if I remember) It resembles clown make up every time he's forced to embrace his ideals by a situation.

    Yes, I know

    but the one in that frame just looks goofy

    unless they're actually going to do the "change the design every time" thing

    I would hope to god they do. Or else it's not really rorschach. I mean, that's what CG is for right? And 300 is pretty much pure CG.

    GimpyBoy.gif
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The thing I like about that picture is the fact that Rorshach made the mask himself, so of course it's not going to be that great.

  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I don't mind if Rorschach's mask looks kinda chintzy. All the costumes and devices in Watchmen were campy, and it was part of the point. The "costumed adventurers" were kind of a sad joke.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, I hope they make the Watchmen movie in the same way they did Sin City, and not the same way the Wachowzki brothers did V for Vendetta. Ie, an accurate representation of the comic, and not some watered down, 'lawl batman wif knives' crap.

    Infact, yeah, if the Wachowski brothers did Watchmen, I'm sure they
    Spoiler:

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    CangoFett wrote: »
    Man, I hope they make the Watchmen movie in the same way they did Sin City, and not the same way the Wachowzki brothers did V for Vendetta. Ie, an accurate representation of the comic, and not some watered down, 'lawl batman wif knives' crap.

    Except Sin City was crap

    It was too accurate. Nobody thinks in Miller's little inner-monologues. It works in a comic, but when you actually hear it it's ridiculous

    7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    More importantly. Good eye to the first person who caught that.
    Keith wrote: »
    Nobody thinks in Miller's little inner-monologues.
    And I can think however I would like, sir.

    steam_sig.png
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That test shot is about as great as the Invisible Man in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

    I weep inside.

  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    CangoFett wrote: »
    Man, I hope they make the Watchmen movie in the same way they did Sin City, and not the same way the Wachowzki brothers did V for Vendetta. Ie, an accurate representation of the comic, and not some watered down, 'lawl batman wif knives' crap.

    Except Sin City was crap

    It was too accurate. Nobody thinks in Miller's little inner-monologues. It works in a comic, but when you actually hear it it's ridiculous

    Don't you mean ridiculously awesome?

  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fellhand wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    CangoFett wrote: »
    Man, I hope they make the Watchmen movie in the same way they did Sin City, and not the same way the Wachowzki brothers did V for Vendetta. Ie, an accurate representation of the comic, and not some watered down, 'lawl batman wif knives' crap.

    Except Sin City was crap

    It was too accurate. Nobody thinks in Miller's little inner-monologues. It works in a comic, but when you actually hear it it's ridiculous

    Don't you mean ridiculously awesome?

    The man doesn't understand the concept of 'suspension of disbelief'

    I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks..
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    A Film version of Rorschach won't look right in just a single frame though. You'd need to see the blobs moving.

    steam_sig.png
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    A Film version of Rorschach won't look right in just a single frame though. You'd need to see the blobs moving.

    Yeah.

    And the mask was supposed to be a material that separated two viscous fluids or something. He talks in the comic about needing to use heating tools to cut it just right.

    You don't cut cloth with heat so I've always thought of the fabric of his mask being plastic like.

  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User
    edited March 2007
    *looks at thread title* What? No, no way.

    *looks at the image* Th- they can't- I...is it gonna be good? What? How? *blood shoots from ears*

    Whether or not it's good, I gotta give Snyder/the producers kudos for this. It constitutes one hell of a nerdgasm from me.

    All I really care about are The Comedian and Rorschach. Even if they completely fuck the plot, I'll be happy if they do those two characters right. I'll be happy if they don't completely fuck it over as well, but hey, I'm not setting my hopes too high.

    Rent wrote: »
    So that's what having no idea what you are talking about looks like
  • GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User
    edited March 2007
    It's a test image people. That's not the final costume. They just threw it together to see how it look. Of course it looks like crap. Most likely the real costume will be a green mask the dude wears and they animate over it.

    GimpyBoy.gif
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Also, everyone go look at the Ain'titcool image, it's much darker, I think the one at the beginning of the thread has been lightened in photoshop.

    steam_sig.png
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I want to see the out of shape Nite Owl, gut splling out of the costume, wings all sagging and sad.

    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My God the movie hasn't even started yet and the incessent bitching is about to drive me absolutely fucking insane.

    saiyan2.jpg
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    My God the movie hasn't even started yet and the incessent bitching is about to drive me absolutely fucking insane.

    Yep, just witnessing the amount of whining in this thread, I've decided that I won't read another thing about Watchmen until the reviews come out.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LejinLejin Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Gerard Butler as The Comedian?

    It was stated at Wonder-con he will be in it.

    Source

  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »
    My God the movie hasn't even started yet and the incessent bitching is about to drive me absolutely fucking insane.

    Yep, just witnessing the amount of whining in this thread, I've decided that I won't read another thing about Watchmen until the reviews come out.

    Welcome to the internets?

  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User
    edited March 2007
    After seeing what he has done with 300, I can't think of a better person to do the Watchmen movie.

    There is still way too much plot in Watchmen to fit into one movie though, if anything it should be an HBO miniseries or somthing.

    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fellhand wrote: »
    Briareos wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »
    My God the movie hasn't even started yet and the incessent bitching is about to drive me absolutely fucking insane.

    Yep, just witnessing the amount of whining in this thread, I've decided that I won't read another thing about Watchmen until the reviews come out.

    Welcome to the internets?

    'That's just how the internet is' is a pretty shitty excuse.

    saiyan2.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fellhand wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    A Film version of Rorschach won't look right in just a single frame though. You'd need to see the blobs moving.

    Yeah.

    And the mask was supposed to be a material that separated two viscous fluids or something. He talks in the comic about needing to use heating tools to cut it just right.

    You don't cut cloth with heat so I've always thought of the fabric of his mask being plastic like.

    It's two layers of latex.

    All he did, according to the panel is heat up some scissors to keep the seal.

    I figure, in the movie, it could just be a fabric for a dress, and not some fancy new material.

    Plus, I really like the idea of him just cutting up a dress with ink blobs and putting it on his face.

«134
Sign In or Register to comment.