As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NSFReplying

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
I've found it annoying when replying to an image-heavy thread (such as the LiveJournal one in Linksville) that it takes longer to load the page because of the page review. Is there a way to make the URL for images shown instead of the actual images, along with it clickable?

Garlic Bread on

• ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    I've been meaning to revise the way to post around here for some time now. Ill fix this... sometime.

Älphämönkëy on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2004
    You could just make images not display in the thread review pane, or disable BBCode in the review pane.

Or he could stop being an Lj-using homp. I dunno.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    You could just make images not display in the thread review pane, or disable BBCode in the review pane.

You must not know what goes on in the LiveJournal thread.

And how would I disble images or BBCode in the review pane?

Garlic Bread on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2004
    pheezer wrote:

Fail.

Obbi on
    edited July 2004
    Keith wrote:
    pheezer wrote:

I meant the first part as ideas for ways to resolve the issue that Alpha might want to consider. Disabling BBCode for the review pane would actually allow you to scroll down and highlight text to quote really easily.

The second part was just me being a prick. What is this Lj thread you speak of?

Pheezer on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2004
    pheezer wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    pheezer wrote:

I meant the first part as ideas for ways to resolve the issue that Alpha might want to consider. Disabling BBCode for the review pane would actually allow you to scroll down and highlight text to quote really easily.

The second part was just me being a prick. What is this Lj thread you speak of?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56311

Well, that's the first page. It's on page 58 now. It's basically going to a site that gathers all the latest pictures posted on LiveJournal, and then you post the ones that you like.

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2004
    Oh. That's quite disappointing. I was hoping for more Lj friends to share my emo poems with.

Pheezer on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2004
    :?

I like being able to review pictures along with text in the preview panel - don't take that away from me alpha!

Szechuanosaurus on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    :?

I like being able to review pictures along with text in the preview panel - don't take that away from me alpha!
    Thats what I am worried about. It is a feature some like. And I am much to lazy to make a db change and hack up the user profiles to let people choose.

Älphämönkëy on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited July 2004
    Thats what I am worried about. It is a feature some like. And I am much to lazy to make a db change and hack up the user profiles to let people choose.

These sound like words right out of my own mouth. I knew I was wise to choose you, alphamonkey. :D

Ramius on
  • meddleRPImeddleRPI Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2004
    You lazy bastard!

Actually, I would agree, that's not something worth doing. The time it would take is way out of proportion to the benefit it would create.

I think what would be best would be to have something that looks like:

Click to Show Picture in place of the actual image, and when clicked it would pop up the picture with some nice DHTML action.

meddleRPI on