As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DS Lite hinge crack.

13»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I want to get one of those chrome DS case mods, but I don't know if I trust myself to disassemble it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sharpie wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Is there seriously a lime green ds? I need one.

Sorry, I was kidding there.

There is this FAKE picture, though.

photo_lime1.jpg

why can't this be real? I would so buy it, even though I have no need for a second DS.

elevature on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Every time one of these threads comes up, I check my DS, and the DS is crack free.....this time....I check my DS...........and it's.............cracked. And I just got hooked on Advance wars again...........damnit. Guess I get to pull out the phat :S

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    JensenJensen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    elevature wrote: »

photo_lime1.jpg

why can't this be real? I would so buy it, even though I have no need for a second DS.

Yea I'd buy that, that color is awesome.

Jensen on
    signaturedisgaea.png
  • Options
    CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jensen wrote: »
    elevature wrote: »

photo_lime1.jpg

Yea I'd buy that, that color is awesome.
    The Target Exclusive Lime Green GBASP on Black Friday 2003 was by far my favorite GBA color.

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So I got my DS Lite back from Nintendo. Yay for no more hinge crack boo for the 3 stuck pixels. Yay that they are sending me another label to send in AGAIN. Let's hope this isn't a continuing theme.

Jensen on
    signaturedisgaea.png
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This is a bit off topic, but I don't think it deserves its own thread.
    I misplaced my GBA slot holder thingy for my DS lite. Will Nintendo send you a new one?

Ranx on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Game Pak Slot Cover / DS Rumble Pak Warranty Replacement
    Call (800) 255-3700 for service

Jensen on
    signaturedisgaea.png
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Xorexnar wrote: »
    This is a bit off topic, but I don't think it deserves its own thread.
    I misplaced my GBA slot holder thingy for my DS lite. Will Nintendo send you a new one?

Slot Cover?

3 Dollars

DekuStick on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Nintendo warranty for DS Lite is what, a YEAR?

DS Lites came out in June of 2006.

It hasn't been a year yet. YOU ARE ALL STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

Heck, if it's been a year and no crack, you might as well crack it yourself and send it in for a refurb.

I'm also seeing a little black artifacting during Custom Robo 3D Fight scenes, but that might be the game and (hopefully) not the video card.

Squashua on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I had a hinge crack on my white DS lite I got last summer. I was pretty pissed, but I kept the damn thing. Then one of the buttons stopped working. So I sold the fucker and got a black one.

I'm purchased 4 DS's total (three different ones for me and one as a gift). Ever wonder why DS sales are so high?

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I had a hinge crack on my white DS lite I got last summer. I was pretty pissed, but I kept the damn thing. Then one of the buttons stopped working. So I sold the fucker and got a black one.

I'm purchased 4 DS's total (three different ones for me and one as a gift). Ever wonder why DS sales are so high?

b/c you have disposable income and can't be patient for a week?

Squashua on
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I finally got my DS Lite back from being repaired. No stuck pixels, which is nice, but the damn touch screen seems a bit wonky. I calibrated it a few times and I set it to charge, which probably won't help but can't hurt. I really hope I don't have to send it in again. >:(

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    RavenlockRavenlock Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wunderbar wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Every time one of these threads comes up, I check my DS, and the DS is crack free.....this time....I check my DS...........and it's.............cracked. And I just got hooked on Advance wars again...........damnit. Guess I get to pull out the phat :S

Exact same story here, dammit D: I got mine at launch, and it'd been fine til the last time I checked (a couple months ago?), but this thread pops up and I think "oh, I'd better check to see if it's still--" and goddammit it's cracked.

I'm glad to hear they seem to be handling it well, but whatever rep told Jensen that "only a few" Lites have experienced the crack issue and tried to pass it off as abuse is an asshole. So far, of the DS enthusiasts on these boards (and there are a lot of us), we're at, what would you say, 50%? 60% of us having hinge cracks so far? Higher? :|

Ravenlock on
    Steam ID: Ravenlock
    XBL / GFWL Gamertag: Ravenlock80
    Wii System Code: 3019 1654 2730 1955
    <Whore> Listen to me rant on the Immortal Machines PC Gaming Podcast! </Whore>