As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Survivor: [Phalla]ppines - Reserves welcome!

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Also, god damn villagers, why are you lying? What is the point? We've lost three villagers because they lied. Stop it.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Whelp. This getting awkward. There's a good chance it's 2 mafia to 3 village.

And I agree with Assuran. Seriously. Why?

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    PMs should be out. Shout me out if not.

Tree Mail:

Wilson and Tom Hanks' Beard

will, after today, have disappeared

One more time a tribe will purge

before they must head to the merge.

You don't have to do anything!

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Back on page 10...
    Assuran wrote: »
    On our team, I know I'm village. Figgy has been doing the math, so I'm inclined to believe he's village. Tzeentch, Figgy, Ani, and Stever all searched for the idol day 1.

Also of note: Tzeentchling, Anialos, and I all have claimed the same stats. Tzeentchling and I match up on usefulness, but Ani is slightly off.
    Was Ani's Usefulness discrepancy ever resolved?

Yes, in fact I'm now tied for the most useful tribe member.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Right, its been fluctuating. I assume it is based off what we actually contributed each day/overall. So someone with the same stats could indeed be less usefull if they are slacking off or being a dick.

• TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    Okay. I'm trying to read through all the posts of a couple different players in the thread to see if I can find something.

Based on a reread I am very confident that Figgy is village. Aside from the fact that he's done lots of heavy lifting analysis and discussed a lot of things in thread, he also asked an important clarification question in thread about immunity idols. I believe the mafia would prefer that clarification to have not been made in public.

The biggest suspect I have now is Tzneetchling.

The largest reason I have for this is voting records on day 2, when we successfully ousted a mafia member. Tzneetch jumped into the thread to impugn Kime's credibility immediately after I announced that one of either Kime or Sir Fab was a liar along with a vote for Sir Fab. I think this was very likely an attempt to build up an alternative wagon to Sir Fab on Kime. Once the wagon on Sir Fab became inevitable, he made a meaningless vote switch to sir fab. That makes sense as a way of purifying his voting records.

There are a few smaller things also. He searched for the idol on day one, then claimed confusion about that having negative consequences for his other action. I believe that could be playing dumb in thread to cover his tracks. The negative consequences of searching for the idol had already been heavily discussed. He also predicted that Kilnaga would not be mafia after the wagon had built up a great deal on day one on the basis that Kilnaga had started the proboard, but he provided no real alternative to voting Kilnaga out. That strikes me as a mafia member who wants to establish a record of being correct, in a way that is harmless to his cause.

Since I have been accused of being overbearing, let me be clear: my intention is to start discussion, not to end it. I think it is important that we get at least one of the remaining mafia with one of our votes tonight so it bears being very cautious and thorough with our analysis. We need as many ideas as possible.

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Poor Anialos. Mafia again.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    warban wrote: »

???

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular

Would you like to share something with the class?

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Teucrian wrote: »
    Okay. I'm trying to read through all the posts of a couple different players in the thread to see if I can find something.

Based on a reread I am very confident that Figgy is village. Aside from the fact that he's done lots of heavy lifting analysis and discussed a lot of things in thread, he also asked an important clarification question in thread about immunity idols. I believe the mafia would prefer that clarification to have not been made in public.

The biggest suspect I have now is Tzneetchling.

The largest reason I have for this is voting records on day 2, when we successfully ousted a mafia member. Tzneetch jumped into the thread to impugn Kime's credibility immediately after I announced that one of either Kime or Sir Fab was a liar along with a vote for Sir Fab. I think this was very likely an attempt to build up an alternative wagon to Sir Fab on Kime. Once the wagon on Sir Fab became inevitable, he made a meaningless vote switch to sir fab. That makes sense as a way of purifying his voting records.

There are a few smaller things also. He searched for the idol on day one, then claimed confusion about that having negative consequences for his other action. I believe that could be playing dumb in thread to cover his tracks. The negative consequences of searching for the idol had already been heavily discussed. He also predicted that Kilnaga would not be mafia after the wagon had built up a great deal on day one on the basis that Kilnaga had started the proboard, but he provided no real alternative to voting Kilnaga out. That strikes me as a mafia member who wants to establish a record of being correct, in a way that is harmless to his cause.

Since I have been accused of being overbearing, let me be clear: my intention is to start discussion, not to end it. I think it is important that we get at least one of the remaining mafia with one of our votes tonight so it bears being very cautious and thorough with our analysis. We need as many ideas as possible.

With respect -

I never trust kime. I also don't really trust you, as you were trying to game the game at the beginning, and I don't appreciate being told how to play phalla. You've since raised more good points, but I still don't entirely trust you. I switched to sir fab after enough evidence came out that he was more likely to be mafia than kime.

As for the confusion, that's pure my bad. I honestly didn't notice the reduction in effectiveness. I ought to have.

I had no desire for kilnaga to get voted out. I kept my vote on the player who I believe ended in second place. I could have argued harder, I suppose, but it's night one and I didn't have any better information to vote for someone. I'll note that none of my teammates lobbied very hard either.

Personally, I have my doubts about Figgy, but he's been more helpful than usual so I give him the benefit of the doubt. Right now, my strongest suspicions lie with Assuran and Anialos. Capfalcon hasn't been posting much, but the night after the mafia killed Greenbarons he tried to vote him out, which doesn't strike me as something a mafia player would do (though I could be wrong). By process of elimination, that would leave the other two, assuming two mafia per tribe.

I'm being silly. I just think It would be funny if Anialos ends up being Mafia again.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    I'm being silly. I just think It would be funny if Anialos ends up being Mafia again.

I'd be stressing out alot less if I was, that's for sure. On that note, my current Dunalist!

tzeentchling
    Capfalcon
    Teucrian
    Everyone else still alive

edited June 2012
    What happens in case of a tie vote in the secret tribal council?

Hopefully I didn't miss this being stated anywhere.

Assuran on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    If it works like the show, the tied people get immunity and it's randomized from the other people.

The show HATES ties.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Anialos wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Back on page 10...
    On our team, I know I'm village. Figgy has been doing the math, so I'm inclined to believe he's village. Tzeentch, Figgy, Ani, and Stever all searched for the idol day 1.

Also of note: Tzeentchling, Anialos, and I all have claimed the same stats. Tzeentchling and I match up on usefulness, but Ani is slightly off.
    Was Ani's Usefulness discrepancy ever resolved?

Yes, in fact I'm now tied for the most useful tribe member.

Ani searched for the idol day 1 and day 2, which explained the difference. Neither Tzeentch or I looked for the idol.

A'yup, now I'm much more useful!

What happens in case of a tie vote in the secret tribal council?

Hopefully I didn't miss this being stated anywhere.

In the OP :P but...
    it works like the show, the tied people get immunity and it's randomized from the other people.

The show HATES ties.

edited June 2012
    Sure, my suspicions at this point are CapFalcon and if you're making me take a guess at the other three, I guess I'll go with Anialos, mainly because it's suspicious he searched for the idol two straight days while we were starving.

Point wise, tzeentch and ani are the most useful, followed by Figgy and I, with Cap being least useful, but he's also the only one making our shelter and has kept it strong for two days, which is honestly, all we ask of him.

Figgy has been tending the fire for two days, but statistically speaking, he's the best suited to that task. Cap is our shelter guy and Ani, Tzeentch, and I all have the same stats by pure chance and have been gathering food.

Honestly, I'm at a loss. I really don't know who is mafia in our group, mostly because we lost two days of vote records due to outing lying villagers. So frustrating.

Assuran on
    Yeah, no one on my tribe has been giving off strongly mafia signals. It makes it hard!

Also, I did search for the idol day 1, then realized that I would have reduced effectiveness and stopped doing that from then on.

edited June 2012
    I've got no suspicions based on the power of MATH. We may have scared the rest of Team Wilson into being honest at this point.

But our idol is back in play, so someone might be tempted tonight.

enlightenedbum on
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    So I guess Anialos was suspicious early on, but now isn't? He doesn't seem to say much when he votes.

Tzeentchling was a bit overbearing in his analysis early on. Some people thought he was suspicious because of that, but I guess he is off the chopping block again?

Personally I think the circumstances leading up to Warban's "arrival" have a little tiny bit to do with the stress endured having to play as mafia.

Those are the only suspects I got really. It's been a quiet and boring day, we need some discussion.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    If I had to pick two on my tribe, Capfalcon and Tzeen.

Really, I was almost positive REG would die red. Wish he would have tried a bit more. But as he put it, he wasn't really giving a shit. So after he died green, I have no idea. Mafia has no real reason to lie about food/shelter now. They can just sit back and wait for a villager to fuck up. We're so paranoid we'll swarm anyone.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    Team Beard Dunalists

Tzeentchling: Assuran and Anialos
    Anialos: tzeentchling and Capfalcon
    Assuran: Capfalcon and Anialos
    Figgy: Capfalcon and Tzeenchling
    Capfalcon: yet to answer.

!Capfalcon, I choose you!

Also, for what it's worth, I'll be travelling over the weekend at an inconvenient time (it came up after I signed up). Should have access to a computer, but I may be less talkative.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I'm about to leave work and likely won't be around later, so I'm putting a vote in on Tzeentch. I'll go ahead and assume that Tz shows up on Cap's suspicious list, and as a gut feeling between the 2, I lean more towards the one named after an ancient chaos god.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
    If Cap says me and Anialos, that'd be a nice three-way tie of suspicion.

I'm going to read through the board one more time before I give out my Dunalist.

Figgy's been doing some math detective work, so I'm ok with him for now.

assuran seems to be trying really hard to be ignorant, with a lot of questions that don't really lead anywhere useful.

If I've got to pick another person... I'll go with Tzneentchling for idol hunting. It's pretty weak, but it's all I've got for now.

Tribe THB has a tribe vote tonight?

Anialos wrote: »
    Tribe THB has a tribe vote tonight?

Yep. Because we are the worst.

Great, lets see who the rest of the village wants to hang before we pick one.

Assuran because I dunno and I need to vote. I honestly can't tell, so I'm going with a gut feeling.

Might as well put in my public vote for Capfalcon right now then.

Sorry, we had a huge storm blow through and knocked out our power for a bit. Catching up now.

CapFalcon just on the fact I trust him least. As far as I know, Tzeentch never went idol hunting, but Anialos did.

No idea.

Capfalcon

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Well, cap for the public. Gonna read our proboard real quick and submit my private.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    Anialos in before the buzzer!

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
    Whelp, I'd say it's a bad vote, but there aren't any real leads.

Ah well. I was going to send my daughter to space college with the money.