Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PA Comic] Monday, June 25, 2012 - Good Problems

2»

• teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    If you havin' girl trubs I feel bad fo you son, I got 99 problems but a teenage avatar and/or industrial tycoon heiress who can electroshock the hell out of me aint one.

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
  • jrmtz85jrmtz85 Registered User new member
    I don't see this decision as being that clear-cut. Sure Korra may be the Avatar, but when you compare her and Asami to other superheros, some similarities emerge.

To me, Korra is basically Superman; most powerful bender, strongest person alive, etc. However, I can definetely see Asami as a Batman figure: she's really smart, incredibly tech savvy, incredibly rich, owns the most advanced tech firm in the world, excellent training in martial arts, and has a tragic family history (murdered mother, crazy father). From that point of view, she does become more endearing as a character. I don't really see her as just a pretty spoiled rich girl. She's smart and tough as hell too.

2»