Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

When will Episode 3 release today on Steam?

The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
it's 9am PST, Noon eastern. This game comes out today and i'm on summer break. When is it going to release?

SYSOP wrote: »

"The_Reflection has a story, that must be told"..."He is already a legend, and he ain't even old"
"He can drink a river of blood and not burst"..."He can swallow a desert and never thirst"

Posts

  • eskesk Registered User regular
    Word.
    Kept waiting around after midnight, until I gave up. Figured it would be up by this morning, still no luck... :/

  • CasualCasual flap flap flap wiggle wiggle wiggle Registered User regular
    Ditto, with the extra question are the UK people going to have to wait longer? I looked just now and I can't even see it in the coming soon section on steam.

    i write amazing erotic fiction

    its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
  • eskesk Registered User regular
    You rock, Hollow ;) (Which, as an aside, sounds like a pretty cool way of rocking actually...)

  • Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    the wait is killing me

  • crash1001crash1001 Registered User
    I'm banging my head of the walls waiting.

  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    It's up! Getting ready to play now!

    worldorder_zpse336707a.jpg
  • glamdring1glamdring1 Registered User
    It's up!!!

  • Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    what? where the hell is the uk copy?

  • crash1001crash1001 Registered User
    Looks like we get breath of death for free aswell!

  • crash1001crash1001 Registered User
    It and chtulu saves the world.
    I love zeboyd.

  • Game VyseGame Vyse Registered User regular
    yes. got my one, had to do hunt for it as it was not showing up right.

  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    is anyone having problems with the game starting? it's been doing "first time setup" for over 10 minutes now.

    SYSOP wrote: »

    "The_Reflection has a story, that must be told"..."He is already a legend, and he ain't even old"
    "He can drink a river of blood and not burst"..."He can swallow a desert and never thirst"
  • eskesk Registered User regular
    Mine has downloaded, but hung on set-up. I verified the integrity of the game cache through steam. Re-installed, it got further, then crashed... :/

  • eskesk Registered User regular
    Same with Cthulhu Saves the World.
    I would assume that since the content download already took place everything is local. It's possible that there's some sort of handshaking or other communication with steam that is title specific though: in which case a deluge of downloads may be styming the install thereabouts... seems unlikely, but if so the solution should be simple at least.

  • crash1001crash1001 Registered User
    Mines running perfectly :/

  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    esk wrote: »
    Same with Cthulhu Saves the World.
    I would assume that since the content download already took place everything is local. It's possible that there's some sort of handshaking or other communication with steam that is title specific though: in which case a deluge of downloads may be styming the install thereabouts... seems unlikely, but if so the solution should be simple at least.

    Is it showing "Zeboyd Games Presents" then crashing?

    If so, do you have Windows Media Player installed on your PC?

  • SoulFurySoulFury Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was stuck on the first time setup for a long while as well but eventually it made it through

  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Stylin' Profilin'Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I've been on Steam's First Time Setup window for about 10 minutes now. Stuck on Step 1: Installing Microsoft .NET framework.

    EDIT; oop, just went through on it's own! :D

    Dark Raven X on
    camo_sig2.png
  • zoinkzoink Registered User
    edited June 2012
    I got a prompt during installation that said that the game might not have been installed properly (64bit windows 7). A PC restart had the game working properly though. Unfortunately, my precipice of darkness desktop icon has no icon picture. I guess this one of the results of the buggy installation. It really bugs me to see breath of death 7 and cthulu saves the world having awesome 8bit icons while the precipice of darkness is just a blank white icon :(

    Can anyone post the icon picture of precipice of darkness pls :) Thanks and much appreciated!

    EDIT: Ok nevermind, i saw the icon in the steam folder. Before the restart, i swear that icon was also just a blank white icon. Thanks for the reply though, Slash000.

    zoink on
  • texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Mine was working awesome last night at around 8pm central time. It's a great game so far. I could barely stop playing it long enough to get some sleep. Can't wait to get off work to continue my journey.

  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    zoink wrote: »
    I got a prompt during installation that said that the game might not have been installed properly (64bit windows 7). A PC restart had the game working properly though. Unfortunately, my precipice of darkness desktop icon has no icon picture. I guess this one of the results of the buggy installation. It really bugs me to see breath of death 7 and cthulu saves the world having awesome 8bit icons while the precipice of darkness is just a blank white icon :(

    Can anyone post the icon picture of precipice of darkness pls :) Thanks and much appreciated!

    I think there's something odd about the icon data in Steam's system; they have the art but I don't think Steam is sending out the icons or something.

Sign In or Register to comment.