Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

No sound in Flash

MosBenMosBen Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
A couple weeks ago I suddenly stopped getting sound out of any Flash videos. I'm not sure what actually triggered it, but it was across all of my browsers (IE, Chrome, and Firefox), and it didn't affect other formats (Netflix's Sliverlight videos were fine). I tried Adobe's recommended clean uninstall, but that didn't work. I switched You Tube to HTML 5, and that worked great for that, but other Flash videos (the Double Fine Adventure documentaries or PATV shows) are still soundless. If anyone can help, I'd be super grateful.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    You've probably already tried this, but can you bring up the Flash Control Panel and make sure it's not set to mute?

Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • MosBenMosBen Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    I don't see any sound settings in the Flash Player Settings Manager. Do you mean in the Windows sound mixer? Chrome doesn't even show up on the mixer when a Flash video is playing unless I turn on HTML 5 in You Tube (which I have to do each time I open Chrome...annoying).

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    You're right, I just see microphone settings. Sorry.

Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • MosBenMosBen Tacoma, WARegistered User regular
    Man, I had tried just about everything I could think of to fix this with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash a bunch of times and checked different settings all over the place. I just fixed it right now by going into the Chrome plugin settings, disabling Flash, and then reenabling it. And that worked. Computers are super annoying.