As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monitor No Longer Detected

DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
edited June 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I made a thread in the Tech forum, but this one seems like it gets more foot traffic. Yesterday I updated the drivers on my Radeon HD 6750 and when it was installing it suddenly stopped recognizing my second monitor. I tried a system restore and that still didn't help. The monitor that's plugged directly into the video card works fine, and because I have older monitors, the other one was plugged into the port in the blue area seen below: 3f805ad7-d9f2-4f0e-b644-d297c0a9ea2c.jpg

Either monitor works when plugged into the video card's port, but not when plugged into the blue area's port.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2012
    Why not just plug both monitors into the video card?

If your video card does not have a VGA port, it likely came with a DVI->VGA adapter you could use (if the card has two DVI ports).

zerzhul on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    The card has one DVI port and two HDMI ports. Both Monitors are VGA so I'm using an adapter to get the one monitor to work.

3basnids3lf9.jpg