As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPhone 5 announcment today, stay tuned for all nerds posting about it all at once in here

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    I can't come up with cool things to put on my android tablet

help me obi wan kenobis

Uhhhh. Angry Birds Space?

Instapaper's android app looks pretty nice.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    You know what's the worst part about iPads?

Having to see my dumb face reflected in it all the time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Unfortunately there is no app for that

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Sure there is

flashlight

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Turn your brightness up

I dunno I never have that problem, but I mainly use mine in bed with lights out

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    god it is just

so nice

to have this thing back

no longer must i wander through life unaided by a device smarter than me

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    god it is just

so nice

to have this thing back

What, you too good to go outside and pick up a rock while your phone is away?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    hahahahah

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I just bought a Sony NEX F3

super excited to shoot with it. Tested.com has been really positive about the C3/F3 series, and these little mirrorless cameras seem like the ideal size/quality proposition for my decidedly non-professional needs. anyone else using a mirrorless camera?

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I FUCKING LOVE TESTED.COM

• Options
    Norm is so dreamy

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »

super excited to shoot with it. Tested.com has been really positive about the C3/F3 series, and these little mirrorless cameras seem like the ideal size/quality proposition for my decidedly non-professional needs. anyone else using a mirrorless camera?

I'm in the process of selling my Canon 7d and lenses to switch to either a 5n or 7. I've been shooting with the 7d for a few years now, and I've reached the point where it's become too big and heavy for my uses (and a chore to carry around). I have to have a viewfinder so the 5n would be including the viewfinder so that negates a lot of the price difference between the two, but I don't shoot a whole lot anymore and the 7 is well into the realm of overkill for my needs. However, I like the three control dials, built in viewfinder, larger grip, and overall build quality enough that it might be worth it to me to warrant the extra cost. I'd be shooting only with primes on either camera, the Sigma 19mm, Sigma 30mm, the Sony 50mm, and probably a legacy 85mm later down the road (I'd buy either body only because the kit 18-55 isn't particularly good).

I find the Sony mirrorleess cameras so appealing because they still have the APS-C size sensor in such a small camera body. I'd be getting the same image quality that I have with my 7d but in a significantly smaller and lighter body, and that is exactly what I'm looking for right now. The Sony lens selection isn't particularly large, or of great quality aside from the Zeiss 24mm, but things are improving with more and better lenses coming in the next year or so. Sigma has released two lenses, the 19mm and 30mm primes, which are incredibly good for $199 each and are nearly as good as the $999 Zeiss 24mm. I'm very interested in the Olympus OMD EM-5 but it's extremely hard to find in stock anywhere, and I'd want the $300 vertical grip with it which with a few lenses makes it costs a good bit more than the NEX-7 and a few lenses.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    I can't come up with cool things to put on my android tablet

help me obi wan kenobis

Temple Run
    World of Goo
    Google Currents
    Pocket
    Comixology
    Google+

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    haha yeah put google+ on there

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    hey, if you know people that use it, it's a really slick app

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    The power/lock screen button on my iPhone 4 is stuck and I googled the problem, seems to be a thing.

Anybody dealt with it or have any good recommendations to fix it?

Haven't been to Apple yet, according to one thread the people with the same problem as mine were told they can get a refurbished phone for $150 or upgrade the iPhone 4S for $300. Don't know if they've since changed their policy.

For the record, my warranty is gone and this is already a replacement phone after the mic went out in my first one.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    hey, if you know people that use it, it's a really slick app

I still have it on my phone and like it.. I wish I could make all my friends switch from fb :P

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

i'm so pretty it's a plus

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The power/lock screen button on my iPhone 4 is stuck and I googled the problem, seems to be a thing.

Anybody dealt with it or have any good recommendations to fix it?

Haven't been to Apple yet, according to one thread the people with the same problem as mine were told they can get a refurbished phone for $150 or upgrade the iPhone 4S for $300. Don't know if they've since changed their policy.

For the record, my warranty is gone and this is already a replacement phone after the mic went out in my first one.

A mall kiosk should be able to fix it for around thirty or fourty dollars?

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    my htc desire's power button after I but it on the bath stand to listen to music while showering, supposedly because of high humidity.. a very careful application of a hairdryer helped!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    Can we talk about the raspberry pi or the MK802 in here?

I have a pi on order (9 week delivery time sucks) and am considering getting the MK802 to connect to my motorola lapdock doohickey for some teeny tiny netbook action. It's pretty amazing how much power is packed into these tiny SOC based PCs, from what I hear the pi is at about the performance level of a Pentium-II at the moment, but there's all sorts of issues with drivers and the way the hardware has been put together (something about the USB implementation causing a shedload of interrupts, which really drags performance down). The MK802 (they really need a snappier name for this thing) is supposedly more powerful, with a newer processor and more RAM (if you go for the 1GB version). There's also this thing which is more powerful again, but has been in the prototype stage for months and doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What are you going to do ith your pi?

I've been watching development on the xbmc project for the pi, but I think I'm going to wait for a few more release candidates.

• Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    There's a guy making interface boards with relays and stuff on, so I'm going to make a nice ajaxy type front end for the GPIO using jQuery mobile...so you can control stuff with it from a phone. If I can figure out how to interface it to mains relays without killing myself I eventually want to make it into a home automation controller. But we'll see how far I get.

I also had an idea for making a wireless Logo turtle with it, but I've never really done much with robotics / servos so not sure how well I'd get on with that.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Pfft, people should use Whatsapp. Text messaging is fo' suckas.
    I still use text messaging because not everyone uses Whatsapp. They all should though.

dude, set up Google Voice for text messages already

On my next phone I will. The HTC wildfire I own is slow as shit.

• Options
    my htc desire's power button after I but it on the bath stand to listen to music while showering, supposedly because of high humidity.. a very careful application of a hairdryer helped!

How long was it stuck before you used the hair dryer?

@Blake T thanks I'll consider it if I can't rig it. There's really no reason for me to turn it off right now and I just set the auto-lock screen to 1 minute.

I can deal with it for now.

• Options

@Blake T thanks I'll consider it if I can't rig it. There's really no reason for me to turn it off right now and I just set the auto-lock screen to 1 minute.

a few hours, maybe 5 or so?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

A friend of mine has a Nex 7 with Leica and Nikon adapters. It's pretty fun to shoot with the Leica lenses, but kinda awkward with some of the larger SLR lenses.

• Options

a few hours, maybe 5 or so?

Hmm. Mine started doing it Wednesday evening. Anyway, it's obnoxious.

Wah wah wahhhh

• Options
    yeah, I can see how the weight distribution would be uneven with larger lenses.

I never ended up buying extra lenses for my last camera, a Nikon D50. I'm such a fuckin' tourist.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I want a raspberry pi on the basis that it's the ultimate dicking-around PC

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So I'm running check disk on my HDD to make sure it is okay. It's kind of old. It is taking forever. Jeez. I might buy a 1TB later in the year.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Artreus wrote: »
    god it is just

so nice

to have this thing back

:(

Buttlord on
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    So I'm running check disk on my HDD to make sure it is okay. It's kind of old. It is taking forever. Jeez. I might buy a 1TB later in the year.

fuck that, i'm looking at a 3TB and trying to convince myself i can't afford it

• Options
    Artreus wrote: »
    god it is just

so nice

to have this thing back

:(

Man you can't just toss something like that out there and not expect someone to swing away.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular

A friend of mine has a Nex 7 with Leica and Nikon adapters. It's pretty fun to shoot with the Leica lenses, but kinda awkward with some of the larger SLR lenses.

I've got a NEX-5. It's pretty much my favourite camera of all time. Light and handy, while producing great pictures even with an idiot like me behind the wheel.

• Options
    Okay, this might be a bug or something, but the latest iOS 6 beta doesn't appear to make you key in your password when updating an app.

So there's that.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    something that really bugs me with Chrome on my iPhone. The screen can skip around and zoom/unzoom a bunch while pages are loading. If you click on something, and then the screen jumps, it'll interpret you clicking where the screen is after the jump, which is a pain.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I have had that happen to me on occasion, but I think it happened to me before chrome

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Okay, this might be a bug or something, but the latest iOS 6 beta doesn't appear to make you key in your password when updating an app.

So there's that.

isn't that an announced feature?

UmPiq.png
This discussion has been closed.