As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPhone 5 announcment today, stay tuned for all nerds posting about it all at once in here

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I don't think it was, might have been one of those little bits during the keynote where they have a slide with 'X many new features in addition to the one's we've highlighted today'

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I had heard a lot of buzz about that feature after the keynote so it probably was an easy-to-miss thing somewhere

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    god i wish the jellybean source would drop already

it's so nice, it's hard going back to ICS

but fuck flashing that unstable piece of shit port again

Buttlord on
  • Options
    Buttlord wrote: »

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT USER EXPERIENCE

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Finds your posts about complaining about the ios6 beta.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »

I know you are joking but man

:[

:[

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    betas/unreleased images being unstable? that's unpossible

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    dan i love you

show them dummies what for

• Options

uh

the jellybean that's "out" isn't official

it's ported over from a restore image that was lifted off one of the devices google handed out at the conference

ported over by a bunch of nerds and not people who work for google

it's not remotely representative of what will happen when the source code comes out next week-ish

don't be dumb

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Naphtali wrote: »
    betas/unreleased images being unstable? that's unpossible

yeah no shit

i'm not saying i'm shocked that it was broken

i'm saying i wish the actual thing was out because the parts of the ROM that weren't broken were fantastic

animates smoother than ICS and i love the notification shade about 100 times more now

i really want to see what someone like AOKP will pull out of it

Buttlord on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    It's very quickly becoming a poe's law situation with Dan at this point

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    awww shit

aokp just announced they're dropping milestone 6 this weekend

and then taking a break until the JB source arrives, at which point they'll start fresh with JB instead of trying to roll the changes into the existing build

• Options
    Hi my name is Robert and I think I have a problem. My new HTC Evo appears to be malfunctioning. I had a presentation to do today in the office and my phone had some data on it that I was going to use. Well the problem started when I was in the lavatories. I was a little bit nervous and that may have contributed to the dilemma. I have IBS and when I get nervous that means diarrhea . Well the bathroom activity didn't work out as well as I had hoped. I had my phone in my hands and I was going over the data. Well I dropped the phone in. Needless to say the data was compromised. After retrieving the phone I noticed that there was a medium-sized dab of crap smeared on the toilet. I also have a mild case of Coprophagia. I was able to resist the urge to feed on my own excrement but it came at a cost. I had to use some of the crap to cover up the bald spot on the top of my head. I mussed up my hair a little bit with it to make it look more plausible. It was the only thing I could do to keep from subcoming to my addiction. I had to steel myself for the meeting without my data. I walked through the office to the room in the back where we have our presentations. I knew they could smell it, my phone I mean, possibly my hair too. Long story short I was not able to retrieve the data and my presentation is a failure. I'm sitting down now at the meeting table writing this to you and no one is willing to meet my gaze. My penis throbs with a painful erection. Is there any way you could beam a data backup into the storage space on my phone? I could really use that data. I don't want to lose my job.

• Options
    Tef wrote: »
    I learned a new phrase!

And I'm sure if Apple didn't have my balls in their finely crafted aluminum talons I would like Jellybean a lot. In fact, I'm looking forward to playing around w DHS Odium's nexus 7 when we hang next.

MG Siegler (yeah I know, he's an apple fanboy blah blah) had a pretty good writeup the other day on why Android turned out pretty shitty, or at least, Google let it become shitty by bending over for the carriers following the original Nexus One fiasco.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    aw man

verizon's galaxy s3 has a locked bootloader. what the deuce

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Okay, this might be a bug or something, but the latest iOS 6 beta doesn't appear to make you key in your password when updating an app.

So there's that.

it's not making me do that when i download updates through iTunes anymore. I'm not in the beta.

• Options
    Hmmmm. In any case, cool.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I learned a new phrase!

And I'm sure if Apple didn't have my balls in their finely crafted aluminum talons I would like Jellybean a lot. In fact, I'm looking forward to playing around w DHS Odium's nexus 7 when we hang next.

MG Siegler (yeah I know, he's an apple fanboy blah blah) had a pretty good writeup the other day on why Android turned out pretty shitty, or at least, Google let it become shitty by bending over for the carriers following the original Nexus One fiasco.

Except Android ISN'T shitty so that doesn't sound like a very good write up at all

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    HEH, see you say that but

*winks, hops into convertible and peels off down the road. drifts around corner, gets that bitch up on two wheels*

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    spent the afternoon messing around with my girlfriend's macbook air... surprisingly didn't hate it.

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I learned a new phrase!

Except Android ISN'T shitty so that doesn't sound like a very good write up at all

Android as a concept, he says Android as a platform is shaping up to be pretty decent.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I learned a new phrase!

I'm not sure how they're bending over for carriers considering they are doing the same thing with the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 except with even less carrier interaction

• Options
    The N7 has 3G?

• Options
    No. The ultimate in carrier interaction-less

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    What the hell would the carriers want with a device that can't be on their network

• Options
    What the hell would the carriers want with a device that can't be on their network

exactly

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I learned a new phrase!

Android as a concept, he says Android as a platform is shaping up to be pretty decent.

oh so

he's talking out of his ass about how he grudgingly has to accept that this other thing is ok

• Options
    I...think we are talking about two different things.

The original Nexus One, and their plans were basically

Pick your phone

Pick your carrier

You're done.

The original thing was to make the carriers dumb pipes, competing on price

oh hell here's the article

and yes he's over dramatic, but whatevs

http://parislemon.com/post/15604811641/why-i-hate-android

• Options
    well yeah, the Galaxy Nexus is sold unlocked and can be used on basically any GSM carrier

I'm still not sure what you're talking about

• Options
    I think the Nexus was like $800 sold unlocked

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Which is nuts, considering they'd originally wanted to sell it for $99 unlocked and no contract.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Also, consider that you are all big fucking nerds, and aside from wiggin, have no problem figuring out how to hack your phone and install custom ROMs and whatnot

But the average consumer? They're using whatever the hell the carrier/OEM threw on there.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just wish I had gotten a better one.

I hear there are very few real issues with the Galaxy S series phones.

I kinda early adopted the G2X.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I hadn't had any problems with the G2x until the recent patch, but then I needed to do a factory reset in order to download/update apps, and it hasn't been the same since.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    wait, "the other day"? that column was written back in January, dude.

which explains why he doesn't mention the Galaxy Nexus being sold unlocked on Google Play.

• Options
    wait, "the other day"? that column was written back in January, dude.

which explains why he doesn't mention the Galaxy Nexus being sold unlocked on Google Play.

Ah, he must have linked to it somewhere else since a couple days ago was the 5th anniversary of the iPhone's launch.

• Options
    Also, consider that you are all big fucking nerds, and aside from wiggin, have no problem figuring out how to hack your phone and install custom ROMs and whatnot

But the average consumer? They're using whatever the hell the carrier/OEM threw on there.

So?

Sure there is still a bit of a problem with fragmentation among all the devices but Android has been a great OS for like, several full iterations now, without needing to fuck around with your phone.

• Options
    also it's kind of hilarious that he apparently thinks Apple and Microsoft are great white hopes for consumer choice

• Options
    A bit of a problem?

How many of those devices can run Jellybean, or ICS, for that matter?

• Options
    Also if you do want to mess around with it, there is a ton of stuff that is very, very easy to do that does not require jailbreaking or custom ROMS

This discussion has been closed.