As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE] A friend is just a spy that hasn't betrayed you yet.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Well, its not something they feel they can sell off. I'm wondering if EVE:V was being developed for a different system initially?

Edit: I assume its not WoD because they would have layed off the rest of the WoD crew?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Heh the devblog on reprocessing has set the cat amongst the predictable pigeons.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Break it down for us that don't know what's going on?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    They're completely reworking reprocessing. Ore is all in stacks of 100 and you cannot get to 100% anymore even with implants. Hisec will max around 73% and null in the high 80s with outpost upgrades. Scrap metal will cap around 55% with skills.

steam_sig.png
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Also, to the other guy about flying profitably. I just recently came back after about 3 yrs. I have been very pleasantly surprised to see how often frigate and cruiser sized fleets are used. And, with goons in particular, you can make money dying through reimbursement. However, the cost to go shoot mans is not that bad unless you make it so. 200m isk cruiser hulls are still there but you could also take a nigh invincible interceptor out for a quarter that cost and ruin some ratters days.

steam_sig.png
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    They're completely reworking reprocessing. Ore is all in stacks of 100 and you cannot get to 100% anymore even with implants. Hisec will max around 73% and null in the high 80s with outpost upgrades. Scrap metal will cap around 55% with skills.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I'm rather out of touch regarding EVE mechanics, but if I'm following that right, I really hope they're also adjusting mineral costs of things, otherwise the economy is going to shit itself.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    I'm rather out of touch regarding EVE mechanics, but if I'm following that right, I really hope they're also adjusting mineral costs of things, otherwise the economy is going to shit itself.

The ores themselves are getting a boost to match. Mining income will not be reduced.

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    CCP: "Hey guys! Here's these new cool deployable tractor units to hoover your ratting loot!"
    CCP: "...by the way, all that loot is now worth roughly half as much..."
    I received a Cynabal named "Santa's DEATHSLEIGH" for this year's Secret Santa, and we are currently on a MRCHI roam to get it on a killmail, one way or another.

Op Success!

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    This is not the last change they will make.

A mouse is smaller than a blue whale.

• PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    My poor Indy alt with max refine and processing. Damn you CCP.

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
    V1m wrote: »

The fox is in the hen house.

Baidol wrote: »

The fox is in the hen house.

The weasel barks at midnight.

camo_sig2.png
  • LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    Are you implying that final product sizes are going to get increased? It would make deployments fucking impossible and kill HiSec production.

And GSOL burnout rates would skyrocket, which sucks.

• CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    The more interesting part of this, to me, is that they're actually pulling the compression blueprints and compensating the owners at market value.

As far as I know, CCP has never done that kind of thing before. This may open a lot of doors for fixing other idiotic shit in the game later on.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I fear I am not versed enough in the game to understand what the derp is.

Not a derp.

The derp was not doing it five years ago.

Well please explain it? I don't know a great many things.

Well, I'm not sure which part isn't clear, so here's an overview:

In Eve, any item can be recycled into some fraction of its components. That fraction can, with appropriate selection of facilities, character skills, and implants, be made to reach 100%. Players long ago realized that some items are much smaller (in volume) than the raw materials that go into them--so they started manufacturing those items (425mm Railgun 1s are popular, but there are others depending on what minerals you're trying to move) and shipping them to a destination before recycling them into minerals.

Also, when ships are destroyed they leave behind a wreck which may contain equipment or cargo. NPC ships are destroyed in huge numbers and recycling the gear left behind in their wrecks has at various times accounted for a large amount of raw materials being added to the game.

A functional economy has developed around this mechanic, but it's still fundamentally stupid. CCP has proposed to change this by making recycling less than 100% efficient. They're also making it more efficient in nullsec (player-controlled and therefore vulnerable facilities) than in highsec.

There are also other reasons. For instance when the tiercide project was rebalancing all the T1 ships, "extra materials" (ie: non minerals) had to be added to the blueprint requirements to prevent people buying 10000 Tier 1 battleships, and then perfectly reprocessing them after the change to create vast amounts of minerals ex nihilo.

Basically CCP want the only useful source of minerals to be mining.

And there are other reasons that will become apparent when further devblogs are released.

Lochiel wrote: »
    Are you implying that final product sizes are going to get increased? It would make deployments fucking impossible and kill HiSec production.

And GSOL burnout rates would skyrocket, which sucks.

No, that was not what I was implying.

OK, thank you.

holy balls if only you guys could see the dev post that's just been made in the CSM forum

strange times a-coming

This summer or further out?

Dammit V1m I'm winning EVE right now don't tempt me to come back. :)

camo_sig2.png

Never, of course.

Never, of course.

Look, if you're not going to break the NDA, what good are you?

• EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    I received a Cynabal named "Santa's DEATHSLEIGH" for this year's Secret Santa, and we are currently on a MRCHI roam to get it on a killmail, one way or another.

Op Success!

Got pods onto my lossmail! Wouldn't have happened without Helix and Cam sticking around long enough to slap those frigates around.

Never, of course.

Look, if you're not going to break the NDA, what good are you?

I'm here to thank you for me free holiday in Iceland, of course!

Man I sure did enjoy having to work on this whole erotica1 thing

The best part was being pushed into the role of "defending" someone who's deeply creepy.

And by defending I mean defending his right to be dealt with according to the rules. Apparently that's pretty contentious.

That's what you get for your free vacation to Iceland! I read one or two posts about it before the internet lawyering made my brain hurt. I'm fine with CCP saying either "our EULA already covers this, dude is banned" or "this is so obviously out of line we don't even need to justify that this dude is banned". I kind of wish the latter happened more often, to be honest.

What happened? I don't read official forums.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Ug, when you bring up a specific event, could you please provide a link to the corresponding story? I mean, there's a lot of people who love to read about EVE drama, but not play the game. You've got to show us that drama, man.

In the interest of not turning this thread into a cesspool, lets leave it at "some dude took a scam too far and is gonna get banned for it". Or go find the terrible blog posts / threads about it (not recommended).

In other EVE news, Mister Vee's titan got bumped out of a POS and killed, likely due to an exploit (which may have been unintentional). Possible outcomes: no change (death2caps), titan given back (other guys get mad), titan given back and people get banned/suspended/warned (other guys get REALLY mad).

Bomberwaffe guys, tell me why I should join you, I've recently rediscovered the joy of losing lots and lots of ships and I'm pretty sure I'd be great at getting killed in bombers too.

What happened? I don't read official forums.

I only read a few posts before the stupid started hurting my brain so this is what I got from it. Creepy EVE dude torments psycho EVE dude. Psycho EVE dude goes batshit psycho and creepy EVE dude and friends laugh and post recording online. Internet white knight EVE dude writes blog about it and another EVE dude posts link on forum. Que up all the forum warriors and you get 200 pages of brain hurt. Pretty much a typical day in EVE.

camo_sig2.png
    That's what you get for your free vacation to Iceland! I read one or two posts about it before the internet lawyering made my brain hurt. I'm fine with CCP saying either "our EULA already covers this, dude is banned" or "this is so obviously out of line we don't even need to justify that this dude is banned". I kind of wish the latter happened more often, to be honest.

Yeah the issue there is that there's not a reliable consensus of what constitutes "this is so obviously out of line we don't even need to justify that this dude is banned".

Not to mention the large population of people who play EVE and would be cheerfully willing to metagame the everliving fuck out of an incautiously defined principle like that.

Ug, when you bring up a specific event, could you please provide a link to the corresponding story? I mean, there's a lot of people who love to read about EVE drama, but not play the game. You've got to show us that drama, man.

I can show you one side of it: http://jestertrek.blogspot.co.uk/

Whilst I can understand Ripard's emotional reaction, I could wish that he had been less inflammatory about it.

edited March 2014
    Not to mention the large population of people who play EVE and would be cheerfully willing to metagame the everliving fuck out of an incautiously defined principle like that.

Yeah, it's obviously a dream policy and not a real one.
    I could wish that he had been less inflammatory about it.

Speaking of dreaming!

Edit: Just read that link, dude's as full of himself as ever.

Ellthiteren on
    This has been about my 3rd or 4th most popular post ever: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4385914#post4385914

"Hands up everyone who can see a problem with demanding the CCP ban people on the basis of "They haven't broken any game rules, and they haven't broken any laws, but I find them personally distasteful"

This discussion has been closed.