As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Deadpool] Activision fires entire dev team... into the sun

Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Games and Technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S2MoeCpvP4
High Moon Studios, makers of Transformers: War for Cybertron and the upcoming sequel Fall of Cybertron, will be making a new Deadpool game. It was previously thought that High Moon Studios would be making a Hit-Monkey game coming out 2013, whether or not that was a distraction for the deadpool game has yet to be seen

Check out the count down to to the game http://deadpoolgame.com/
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=63815

that's right, a god damn game based on the merc with a mouth. and not only that, but by the excellent high moon studios. they handled transformers so well i have complete faith they can nail playing as deadpool. the VA in the trailer is decent, despite a more intense version of deadpool being on display in spiderman: shattered dimensions (voiced by nolan north). though i don't think this new guy is quite as bombastic, i think he has enough range to pull off the crazy conversations deadpool often has with himself.

speculate away!

Local H Jay on

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I have heard good things about War for Cybertron.

• Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    They're going to take Devil May Cry and replace Dante with Deadpool, right? Cause that would be the correct choice.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I can't wait to tell my cousin about this. It's going to be a day 1 purchase for her. I think she owns all the games were Deadpool appears, no matter the genre.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    That trailer makes me less interested.

• GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Add yet another game featuring Nolan North released this year. . . what are we, up to twenty-two now? Twenty-three? Not that I mind, the guy certainly earns his paychecks. And by that, I mean his Deadpool continues to be FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS! The cynic in me cringes at the Activision connection, but High Moon's been their brightest developer, so I'll be cautiously optimistic for this.

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    I want to see him doing things that break the fourth wall.

It wouldn't be Deadpool otherwise.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Add yet another game featuring Nolan North released this year. . . what are we, up to twenty-two now? Twenty-three? Not that I mind, the guy certainly earns his paychecks.

Um...the OP says Deadpool in Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions is voiced by NN. This game has a different VA. Who sounds decent, although I usually imagine Deadpool a little more high-pitched and manic. Honestly, in my head he sounds a little like Daffy Duck.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I want one stage where he is in flip flops

steam_sig.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    This Deadpool sounds a LOT like Nolan North to me.

Is it weird that I don't find Deadpool funny?

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    that was definitely Nolan North. the voices in his head may not be though.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I have heard good things about War for Cybertron.

The nailed everything in WfC except the actual gameplay. Sooooo boring... and I love Transformers.

Low expectations for this game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    War For Cybertron was good, Fall of Cybertron looks better

Dunno if this will be good.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    This is on my watch list.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    Renzo wrote: »

It is North. He has voiced Deadpool before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    Kind of disappointed Raven isn't making it because I thought their Wolverine game was pretty good. Guess they're sentenced with making CoD map packs until they get "restructured".

• Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WuNY6qViYQ

For some reason this gives me high hopes for this game.

• projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    'Logan, I think we lost him'

That is fantastic.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    High Moon has my trust with WFC, and FoC looks even better. Never played the 3rd movie game they made, but I'll chalk that up to being rushed due to the movie and having their hands tied; a lot of folks didn't like it.

This could be good.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Please tell me this is coming out on PC...

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

It is North. He has voiced Deadpool before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk

I mentioned it elsewhere, but I loved his voice work in the cartoon, but that trailer makes it appear that he is trying to sound more "Ryan Reynoldsish" which isn't nearly as pleasing.

I like Deadpool fine, but not sure if I want to go through hours of game play with him making annoying quips and one liners every time I beat someone up. Will watch closely though all the same. *fingers crossed*

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    It's gonna be a fine line to walk, but I can totally play a game where Deadpool just completely know what's going on.

I mean, seriously, if Deadpool is getting his ass handed to him in a boss fight I want Deadpool to face the player and start shouting 'Who the fuck taught to play?!'.

• Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    'Logan, I think we lost him'

That is fantastic.

Deadpool's previous line to that is awesome.

"Who wants a snack? You want."

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    They're going to take Devil May Cry and replace Dante with Deadpool, right? Cause that would be the correct choice.

This is a project I am pleased with.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    My only worry is that Deadpool might be one of those things that is utterly awesome in short bursts, but a full length feature with him and he becomes unbearable. Kinda like jalepeno poppers.

Hopefully I'm just being a stupid negative nancy.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    I dunno, I play as him all the time in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and I don't get sick of him! :P

Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • kalkal Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I love the Merc with a Mouth but maybe it's Nolan North 9 and the fact that he's in everything) or just the writing but it just doesn't seem to work for me.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I really hope there is a long drawn out multi-stage fight with Taskmaster. I just want to see Tasky fight Pool while alternating between Iron First, Spidey, Captain America, Wolverine, and Bullseye mid-fight. Just give him that Holographic generator so he can create the tools of the trade on the fly.

Also at some point Deadpool should Shyrioken Kitty Pride that immediately starts a boss fight with Wolverine.

• V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WuNY6qViYQ

For some reason this gives me high hopes for this game.

I love me some guns. PINEAPPLE SURPRISE!

Seems like North is voicing three different version of the Deadpool voice in the trailer. Still, I'm hyper excited. You can bet his pal Steve Blum won't be far behind.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    V Faction wrote: »
    You can bet his pal Steve Blum won't be far behind.

He'll be voicing two out of every three unnamed characters throughout the game.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Steve Blum will play Bushwhacker or T-Ray most likely

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    I was hoping Raven would get this after the excellent Wolverine tie-in game, especially since they had expressed an interest in making one. I'm not really familiar with High Moon, but I have heard rather good things about War for Cybertron. But fuck it, I'm still excited for this.

steam_sig.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Bullio wrote: »
    I was hoping Raven would get this after the excellent Wolverine tie-in game, especially since they had expressed an interest in making one. I'm not really familiar with High Moon, but I have heard rather good things about War for Cybertron. But fuck it, I'm still excited for this.

War for Cybertron was supposedly pretty good, but Dark of the Moon was quite mediocre. Nevertheless, if they can still make something respectable out of what Michael Bay left them to work with, I have some pretty decent hopes for Deadpool.

Donnicton on
  • SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    kal wrote: »
    I love the Merc with a Mouth but maybe it's Nolan North 9 and the fact that he's in everything) or just the writing but it just doesn't seem to work for me.

To me it's not a problem with it being Nolan North. The problem is it sounds like the wrong Nolan North. The voice just sounds too... serious.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Alright, a Dirty Harry game getting released!

...Right?

SciJo wrote: »

To me it's not a problem with it being Nolan North. The problem is it sounds like the wrong Nolan North. The voice just sounds too... serious.

"Pew. Pew. Pew."

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• milathmilath Registered User regular
    For some reason the banter from that preview reminded me of an XBLA game called Comic Jumper... I kind of found the Comic Jumper one funnier, but obviously can't judge Deadpool from this minute-thirty preview that well. Looks interesting, regardless.

steam_sig.png
    "No.. I was wrong. This must be what going mad feels like."

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Wait, they cancelled Hit Monkey?

DISAPPOINTED

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    Hit Monkey will be Deadpool's Vergil

• SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    SciJo wrote: »

"Pew. Pew. Pew."

Exactly that.