Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: '[STEAM] SλLE! // Qube, Magicka, Grimrock. Why choose? Get '...' by iRevert

iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha StewartRegistered User regular
  TychoCelchuuu likes this Post written by iRevert
about a year ago
"Self-explanatorily awesome."
iRevert wrote: »
minor, didn't you spend all last sale getting your credit cards systematically shut down? :P

Yes. 8 times, I believe.

This time I loaded up a few hundred in my Steam Wallet and have been using that to gift and buy.

Ironically, I traded in some games at GameStop to get an extra Steam Wallet card, and I owed a couple bucks above the trade value, so when I paid for that with my credit card, I got a fraud prevention call 2 minutes later.

Don't these people know that I spend absurd amounts of money on video games?

I think VISA basically just said fuck all with fraud protection on me after the $5,000 lube fiasco.

You know you can't say something like this and not follow up.

Basically we had access to a massive hill that was next to a lake a buddy owns a house on, he runs some pretty great summer parties and people end up showing up as he's near a park. Basically we spent a ton of time clearing trees and brush and digging a chute all the way down and lined it with tarps to make a giant slip-n-slide. We figured out water didn't cut it if we pumped it up from the lake so we ordered a summers worth of lube.

575 gallons of lube to be exact, kept the chute slippery to the extent that people would hit the little ramp on the bottom and skip across the water.

Bunch of people kicked in on the order and I made it because I'm the only person who can take freight deliveries. We ended up not using one drum of it so everyone took home a bunch for....personal entertainment.

I made the order and visa flagged it and called me to verify the order not once but twice because they couldn't believe it apparently. First answer I gave them what it was for because they couldn't believe it was quite sarcastic and the second time because I was pissed that I had to jump through the hoops again I told them it was for gathering samples in artificial insemination on elephants. That lady the second time didn't have much of a sense of humor when I told her there would be a number of orders for umbrellas and hip waders occurring shortly as well.

Some people I tell ya.

steam_sig.png

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Registered User regular
    This is the first, and hopefully last, time that I've read the term "a summer's worth of lube". Excellent story.

Steam ID: Hahnsoo, Steam Name currently: Hahnsopolis | PSN: Hahnsoo | Monster Hunter Tri: Hahnsoo, E8HJCA
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    This is the first, and hopefully last, time that I've read the term "a summer's worth of lube". Excellent story.
    First time I've heard that refer to over 500 gallons.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    This is the first, and hopefully last

You say that now...

steam_sig.png
  • agoajagoaj Avatar avatar avatar HD Avatar of the Year EditionRegistered User regular
    (500) Gallons of Summer

5cCIDR0.png
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Up all night To get luckyRegistered User regular
    This is the best post of all forums of all the internets.

Steam: Stormwatcher | XBL: Stormwatcher 21 | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Gamecenter: Stormwatcher33 | 3DS: 0130-2805-2850
    steam_sig.png
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    I think 575 gallons of lube would cost a lot more than $5,000

there's a 55 gallon drum on amazon for $1.3k. 10x that would be north of 10 large

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    Amazon.com is probably not the cheapest place to buy, say, a barrel of lube. Gotta order it straight from a supplier. Use those contacts in the lubrication industry.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Amazon.com is probably not the cheapest place to buy, say, a barrel of lube. Gotta order it straight from a supplier. Use those contacts in the lubrication industry.

You might have to grease a few palms to get wholesale pricing.

Excision wrote: »
    My girlfriend is going down tonight!

Steam:MichaelLC
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

You just need to slip a bill into the right hands.

Mythbusters once cut a car in half and drove around in it to see if it would run. Even they were less poorly conveyed.
  • RandomshotRandomshot Registered User
    theSquid wrote: »

Nah. Just ask for a manager and talk them down. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all that.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Randomshot wrote: »
    theSquid wrote: »

Nah. Just ask for a manager and talk them down. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all that.

So you can just slide your price right into the discussion?

Excision wrote: »
    My girlfriend is going down tonight!

Steam:MichaelLC
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    I think 575 gallons of lube would cost a lot more than $5,000

there's a 55 gallon drum on amazon for $1.3k. 10x that would be north of 10 large

That is also retail.

Correct, though I ended up going through a buddy who still works in the acquisition world.

steam_sig.png