As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can someone explain Obama/Spain trip?

Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Usually I only watch the Daily Show or Colbert. And as far as I can tell Hulu has no new episodes. But what's up with this thing? Every article I google up seems to be slightly different.
They paid, they didn't pay.
That's just the price of Air Force One and the secret service, who are always on duty.

Edit: oh I didn't even realize this is a few years old. I have some chad talking my ear off about it and I've never heard of it.
?_?

Mmmm... Cocks... on

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Dude took a vacation, and as President of the US, that is slightly more involved than you or I driving down to the beach. It's nothing unusual, but it is something easy for the opposition party to make fun of (like Democrats did for W's ranch visits).

• Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    That sounds about right, thanks. Couldn't wrap my head around what seemed to be very sensationalized headlines.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Also, the costs people usually claim for this kind of thing are generally inflated. The secret service still gets paid whether they are in Spain or not. Michelle is still going to eat there or at home. It's just the playing politics that happens. Trying to score cheap political points rather than talking about substantial issues.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    MordraMordra Registered User regular
    It's good someone can afford to take a vacation right now.......... =D

mordra.png
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    It's important to note that it's not like you have a choice to not bring Air Force One and fly coach or not use the secret service.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Dude took a vacation, and as President of the US, that is slightly more involved than you or I driving down to the beach. It's nothing unusual, but it is something easy for the opposition party to make fun of (like Democrats did for W's ranch visits).

I have a feeling the ranch visits were cheaper on a per trip basis; issue there was number of vacation days as opposed to the issue here, which is cost.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    A quick google search yielded this, a short comparison of recent US presidential vacations.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Time for D&D.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.