As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games that make you feel uneasy.

KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Games and Technology
Currently, I am playing Super Mario Sunshine. For some reason when I play that game, it makes me feel uneasy. Since it is Mario, it seems like it should be friendly and fun, but the unpolished controls, poor camera, and fiendishly hard non-FLUDD levels make the game an exercise in frustration. Also, the happy tropical resort atmosphere makes it even worse. You feel like you should be having fun, but you just can't quite make it. It is almost like the developers are messing with you.

So, have there been any games that you have found unintentionally disturbing?

Krathoon on

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Sonic and the Black Knight felt like it was trying its hardest to make me unfairly dislike it. It took until after beating the final boss for the game to finally give up and become actually pretty good. Up until that point I had a constant nagging feeling that I had wasted my money.