As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name that game NES Game

TommattTommatt Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Games and Technology
So I played this game on the NES , although it could have been on the pc also, after getting it from a used game store. I don't remember much unfortunately except the end because I never beat it :(

Think there's a wizard on the cover, know you are a wizard. You're in a duengeon traversing through it. I know pits open up in the floor, tiles turn black. At the end boss a pit opens in almost the whole room. I could never figure out how to kill them.

I want to say doors to go to other rooms were gold looking. I really don't remember much, except not being able to beat the last boss and even wondered if it was possible at the time. I've wanted to look it up for years and see how you beat it, but can't remember the name.

Tommatt on

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Was it overhead view, isometric view, or sidescroller? Could it be Solstice?

220px-Solstice_The_Quest_for_the_Staff_of_Demnos_Cover.jpg

solstice08_2.jpg

Or Legacy of the Wizard?

256px-Legacyofthewizard.jpg

Legacy_of_the_Wizard_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    It was overhead, or maybe slightly isometric. Actually it was slightly isometric. Not direct over the top like Zelda.

I can pretty much picture the starting room. Want to say there was a door up top (maybe a secret ) and a door to go south. Want to say you fight spiders in one of the first two rooms.

• Options
    Solistace is kinda close with the view. Te rooms were much larger. Also the game was more realistic than cartoony like that. Also, I don't believe there were any platforms to climb on, and there was a few puzzles.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The Immortal?
    The+Immortal+Cover.jpg

Immortal,_The_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg

Dammit, beated.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012

That looks exactly like it except sega. I remember the star on the staff. Gonna look and see if they made a previous game on Nintendo.

Edit

That's it! Found a video for the nes version. Now to look up how you beat the last boss. I know I'm gonna feel stupid

Tommatt on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Man, the Immortal was awesome and had great music.

• Options
    That looks like it but I can't find the part I was stuck at. Think it was the end. I walked into a room, think it was the only room in the level. Pretty sure the final boss was in there. The whole floor would turn into a pit, and I'd die. I remember trying everything

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Hmm, maybe we could turn this into a "Lost & Found" thread? I for one certainly can think of one or two games that I can't identify for the life of me.

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    I think those types of threads have been tried a bunch of times in the past but there's usually not enough activity for them to last more than a couple days.