As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    BigDes wrote: »
    @Shade was the unfortunate 'winner' of Bad Rats

Also I got 8 entries for it

So there are 8 people out there who are either very brave or very stupid

I view it as a game of Russian Roulette

So far I've won four times.
    Lawndart wrote: »

Oh god steamgifts is borked, but I think I fucking won goddamn bulletstorm or some fucking shit like that shit.

Thanks
    @Lawndart

Now to shoot all the dicks.

iRevert on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    First game of the summer sale to be finished! Tiny & Big is done, though I'm keeping it installed for a lot longer cause its so much fun. There are bits where you'll have to restart the entire level and it does get frustrating but it was thoroughly enjoyable! thanks again @envoy1!

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Just so you know, Bad Rats is one max rating away from having a perfect 10/10 user rating on Metacritic.

I think you know what you have to do.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Finish? A game?

@big isy has gone Rogue! Alert the Newell!

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Is there a photoshop wizard in here that is willing to whip me up a Sanctum Beta grid view icon? It's the only hole in my grid view(there is one online but it's poopy).

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    So, I have a copy of Orcs Must Die! 2 to give away. I don't like steamgifts so much, seems impersonal, so contest!

ORCS MUST DIE! 2 GIVEAWAY

Whoever PMs me the a picture of Orcs being murdered in the best fashion (best being totally subjective) will win! You can choose whatever universe/medium you desire to get the death of orcs/orks from.

I suppose I'll make the deadline 5PM EDT tomorrow, nice round 24 hours.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Finish? A game?

@big isy has gone Rogue! Alert the Newell!

In all fairness, it was only 3 hours long :P

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I finished a game the other night.

Such a weird feeling.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Is there a photoshop wizard in here that is willing to whip me up a Sanctum Beta grid view icon? It's the only hole in my grid view(there is one online but it's poopy).

Just made this in a couple minutes. Not sure if it's the right size. Hope it works.

si0as.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I'm moving shit over to a new drive. What is the easiest way to move over all my steam stuff?

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    I'm moving shit over to a new drive. What is the easiest way to move over all my steam stuff?

Steammover

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    So, I picked up Sword of the Stars 1 (and all three expansions/DLC) during the summer sale. Are there any mods that are recommended when playing the game?

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    This has likely been brought up but Amazon has some amazing deals today only. All of them listed here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9464094&postcount=1

Most stuff is either Steamworks, or has a Steam key option. Notables are Max Payne 3 for 30, Binary Domain for 10, Divinity 2 DKS for 6, Spec Ops for 25. Lot more, today only.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    If your just dumping your whole steam folder to a new drive, just copy it over, and run steam. It should fix itself up. First run of games will do initial setup again and then work fine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    stlobusstlobus Registered User regular
    For anyone still looking for Divinity 2 for a cheap price, Amazon has it discounted to $5.99 currently. The link takes you to the Steam version, but there is a DRM free version available, too.

PSN/SEN: lobus Steam: stlobus XBox: St Lobus NNID: Lobus42
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    damnit it amazon

amazon.com/dp/B006UHIPPE?tag=cheapassgam08-20

civ 5 and civ 4 for $11, I paid $17 or something just 3 weeks ago just to get civ 5

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Just a reminder since I have received CRIMINALLY few entries (and thus, if you enter, your chances of winning the squirrel race are quite high!)
    OTSwa.jpg

The Savin' Blue-Haired Ladies Ys: Oath in Felghana Giveaway!

In honor of Ys getting both a daily and the thread title, I'm giving away 3 copies of it! How do you win?

As we all know, Adol Christin's a man's man with a penchant for saving blue-haired ladies. Hell, in all but one (coincidentally Oath) of the US-localized Ys titles, he's got some azure-tressed lasses with all kinds of evil overlords out to get them, and will stop at nothing to save them - not to get any sugar, mind you, just because that's what he fucking does. SO! Send me pictures via PM, be they real, animu, whatever, of blue haired ladies. See, if you win, you'll be saving Elena, our sole blonde damsel-in-distress, so Adol will need some shit to do. The man's not one to sit around, you see.

Whichever three damsels I deem most in need of saving via an incredibly arbitrary system of numbers, charts, image analysis, and squirrel races will earn their submitter a copy of Ys: The Oath in Felghana on Steam! One submission per person, contest runs until 9 PM CT this Sunday, with winners announced sometime Monday. Russians and begbots need not apply!

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I finished a game the other night.

Such a weird feeling.

The only games I seem to finish these days are point-and-click adventure, and I've been lucky in my choices because so far they've had very satisfying conclusions (prince among them is Gemini Rue <3). Maybe that's what puts me off finishing other kinds of games. I've been too burned out to finish strategy games that are too long and too thin of story (I'm looking at your, Kings Bounty), or arcade games like Jamestown or Binding of Isaac because they're always at their best in the mid-game and finishing them usually means I put them down never to return (Zombie Driver has a horrible ending, I recommend you don't get that far).

I shouldn't really order my Steam profile into Now Playing and Backlog because I've got an whole bunch of games I don't intend to finish as I feel they've run their course.

Purgatory might be a new folder to put them in haha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Either Steam or uPlay has eaten about 4 hours of progress in Assassin's Creed 2 from Thursday night, the last time I played it, to this afternoon. Is there any way to get the data restored?

If not, despite how much I was enjoying Assassin's Creed 2, I think I'm going to completely chalk up Driver: SF and AC2 as losses. I literally cannot fathom why I need a uPlay barrier when I have steam.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Either Steam or uPlay has eaten about 4 hours of progress in Assassin's Creed 2 from Thursday night, the last time I played it, to this afternoon. Is there any way to get the data restored?

If not, despite how much I was enjoying Assassin's Creed 2, I think I'm going to completely chalk up Driver: SF and AC2 as losses. I literally cannot fathom why I need a uPlay barrier when I have steam.

I had the same problem when I played AC2 after buying it from Ubisoft's site.

• Options
    Stealth XXIVStealth XXIV Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    I've been too burned out to finish strategy games that are too long and too thin of story (I'm looking at your, Kings Bounty), or arcade games like Jamestown or Binding of Isaac because they're always at their best in the mid-game and finishing them usually means I put them down never to return (Zombie Driver has a horrible ending, I recommend you don't get that far).

If you're anything like me, this post won't change your mind, but I have to say it: give Jamestown another shot. Just overcoming the final boss is tremendously satisfying, not to mention the higher difficulty levels. It's technically a short game, but it richly rewards dedication.

• Options
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Gear Girl wrote: »

Just made this in a couple minutes. Not sure if it's the right size. Hope it works.

si0as.jpg

You are super cool.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    I've been too burned out to finish strategy games that are too long and too thin of story (I'm looking at your, Kings Bounty), or arcade games like Jamestown or Binding of Isaac because they're always at their best in the mid-game and finishing them usually means I put them down never to return (Zombie Driver has a horrible ending, I recommend you don't get that far).

If you're anything like me, this post won't change your mind, but I have to say it: give Jamestown another shot. Just overcoming the final boss is tremendously satisfying, not to mention the higher difficulty levels. It's technically a short game, but it richly rewards dedication.

I do enjoy the higher difficulty levels, I just like milling about in the first couple of levels as a sense of familiarity

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular

I tried it again, and it reverted to an even older save. I've got enough games that don't have bullshit issues with saves. I nuked AC2 and D:SF. Uplay is now on the list with GFWL as platforms I will never buy games that require it to work again.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    So there are 8 people out there who are either very brave or very stupid

guilty of both :D

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    damnit it amazon

amazon.com/dp/B006UHIPPE?tag=cheapassgam08-20

civ 5 and civ 4 for $11, I paid $17 or something just 3 weeks ago just to get civ 5

Civ 4 isn't Steam, and Civ 5 isn't GoTY.

Though I always find Amazon reviews whining about "Steam bloatware" amusing.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Just so you know, Bad Rats is one max rating away from having a perfect 10/10 user rating on Metacritic.

I think you know what you have to do.

.. the fuck? Are those written by their marketing department?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    YnuuYnuu Registered User regular
    hah, spider level in darksiders is glorious

normally I strongly dislike such levels, but this time I just felt like the Orkin Man with a grudge

stomp stomp stomp

• Options
    ShiflettShiflett Registered User regular
    Sorry, I'm late with this one. Busy morning, couldn't pick a winner before work. ;D

The winner of The Walking Dead has to be @Shiflett, because of his heartwarming but tragic tale;
    The most attached I've ever been to a character in a game is a story of Love, a never say die attitude and a whole load of risks on their behalf.

It all started the 1st time I saw this character, you know when you see them and you just know you're going to love them for the rest of the game?
    You just know that they're going to be really cool, are going to cause you no end of trouble but are going to keep you going to the bitter end!

This character caused me to take so many risks with my (in game) life, from running into a hail of bullets to rescue them,
    escaping collapsing caves only to run back in to carry them to safety, sprinting infront of trains to save them from certain doom. There was nothing I wouldn't do to keep them safe.

Without this character, my character would have been half the person they were, and it all came to an end there they were right with me, where they'd always been!

on top of my head, making me look bad ass!

the character I was most atached to was John Marston's Hat

Sale Wrap Up Giveaway Contest Thing Part VI: Where The Saw Movies Should Have Ended

Nearly done wit all dis, just 2 to go! And I saved the best for last, mwuhahaha.

To maybe win Splinter Cell: Conviction aka 24:The Real Game aka the best fucking game, PM me your finest example of a franchise which switched styles and truly benefited from it.

Also to qualify you need to be a 24 fan. Quoting me your favourite Bauer line will score you bonus points.

The points are ultimately irrelevant in me picking a winner. It's all part of the conspiracy within the conspiracy.

I will pick a winner sometime tomorrow! Don't wanna get specific in case I miss it again! ;D

Wow thanks so much! Everyone had been saying how awesome this is, looking forward to finding out for myself! :D

thanks for being a classy man!

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Holy crap! Thank you, @BigDes for the CN trains. That's some childhood nostalgia, right there. Gonna see if I can derail one. :D

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Thanks @lawndart for Beyond Good and Evil!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I tried it again, and it reverted to an even older save. I've got enough games that don't have bullshit issues with saves. I nuked AC2 and D:SF. Uplay is now on the list with GFWL as platforms I will never buy games that require it to work again.

I would probably be borderline ok with Uplay if it was only active for the first month or so, when most games get the overwhelming majority of their sales, but there is no reason why you should have to jump through retarded hoops to play a three year old game that is probably making less money in sales than its share of the cost of keeping the Uplay servers active. This is why Ubisoft doesn't get any of my money.

As usual, pirates get the superior product.

I'm pretty sure Uplay is actually a brilliant move by Ubisoft to antagonize PC gamers to the point of purchasing their games on the PS3 and 360 instead of the PC, since consoles have considerably lower piracy rates. I'm not even kidding when I say that Ubisoft is doing its best to kill PC gaming.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I arrive a bit late but just in case anyone wants to use it:
    FqAmg.jpg

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Man, that show is kinda creepy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJFgFKYdObo

• Options
    edited July 2012
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    FqAmg.jpg

I want it to be known that @Sumanai and @HiT BiT made or edited like 5 icons each for me today. Good people.

Edit: Though they are clearly OCD enablers.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    As usual, pirates get the superior product.

I'm pretty sure Uplay is actually a brilliant move by Ubisoft to antagonize PC gamers to the point of purchasing their games on the PS3 and 360 instead of the PC, since consoles have considerably lower piracy rates. I'm not even kidding when I say that Ubisoft is doing its best to kill PC gaming.

legal-dvd-vs-pirate-dvd.jpg

Also console piracy rates are high, though much lower than PC due to the extra steps (read a little bit of work) required to make it happen. Make no mistake console piracy is quite widespread but because it take more than an internet connection and forty seconds its lower than PC piracy rates.

I can tolerate GFWL for now, it sucks ass but once I got things configured it hasn't been all that bad for the few games I play that has it...uPlay on the other hand has been anything but...Might as well have called it uWontplaythisgamebecauseofthispieceofshitdrmweputinsopeoplewouldntrealisethatweremakingourgamesshorterandshittierbecausetheyllgiveuptryingtodealwithitafteriteatsyoursaveandmakesyoujumpthrougheightythousandhoopsjusttogetagametoplay

But I think that during the meeting for that they all agreed that uPlay would be easier to remember and save on printing costs whenever they had to label a disc or box with it.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Man, that show is kinda creepy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJFgFKYdObo
    I would give this show a copy of Zeno Clash.

Lucky for them, I guess, because those guys look like they would gladly pay me Tuesday for a Zeno Clash today.
    This is my new scale, by the way. Would or would not give Zeno Clash.

Monger on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Yeah Uplay is awful

Tried to play some Splinter Cell Conviction with a friend and Uplay consistently blocked us

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    FqAmg.jpg
    Oh wow, can I be super cheeky and ask for a non betaised version of that, because that is rad

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    FqAmg.jpg

man, I want to play Sanctum now just so I can use this

fss_overall.png