As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moving on up....to Heaven

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited July 2012 in Social Entropy++
This fucking year sucks. Now Sherman Hemsley died.

Most famous for his role as George Jefferson first on All in the Family and later on the spinoff The Jeffersons, Sherman Hemsley was awesome.

Sad to hear about his death.

This fucking year...

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    He finally got his piece of the pie.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    My early childhood is dying before my eyes.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Truly the most deluxe apartment in the sky.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maaaan...Sherman Hemsley deserves better from this forum then 2 posts and a drop to page 2!

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    What in the shit.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Truly the most deluxe apartment in the sky.

for sure

this fuckin blows

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    When I die I hope people remember me as a human being instead of just a character on a show

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    When I die I hope people remember me as a human being instead of just a character on a show

I'll remember you as forumer Eddy.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I love how he played multiple different characters on The Fresh Prince and no one gave a fuck because he was so awesome.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Deluxe apartment in the sky, indeed. Rest in peace, Mr. Hemsley.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular

fuck that, i want to be cast as an iconic character in a tv show

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'm fine with just being remembered, period.

• Options
    I'm fine with just being remembered, period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivFYVAntpw0

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I love how he played multiple different characters on The Fresh Prince and no one gave a fuck because he was so awesome.

And I like how in every appearance, he found an excuse to call someone Wheezy.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

Dude created something that will live on forever in his performance, in one of the seminal political sitcoms of all time

Why wouldn't you want that

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

I'm sure the people that actually knew him will. The world will remember him for his work, though.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I don't know if I should have made a new thread about this or what but I guess this is the most appropriate place.

I found out tonight that a really close friend of mine died in her sleep last night. I never really totally grasped the gravity of death until now. It was always just, 'oh what a shame', and, 'that's sad.' But this just hurts so bad. She was probably one of the most energetic, loving, genuinely good people I know. It didn't matter who you were, she would always listen to anything anyone had to say. I'm not sure when it's really gonna hit me. I haven't seen her in a few months since she went home for the summer. Me and my girlfriend decided that if (pretty much when) we got married that she would take photographs for us.

And rest in peace Mr. Hemsley. I didn't watch much of his shows but I know he was an incredibly influential figure.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Losing people your own age is hard, and it probably only gets harder as it happens more often. I mean, I hope it doesn't get easier, really. Did your friend do a lot of photography? You should share it with people.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    She enjoyed it as a hobby. She got a nice camera not too long ago and was going to be the photographer for the university marching band. She was just getting started doing serious stuff. I'll see what I can find.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Toasty you have my sincere condolences.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Man the inevitability of death is a bummer.

I try not to think about it.

But I was reading about centenarians and supercentenarians the other day.

And it got me to thinking about what it must feel like to be the oldest person in the world.

Literally.

As in, there is no one left alive anywhere who is older than you.

That's gotta be a weird feeling.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Maaaan...Sherman Hemsley deserves better from this forum then 2 posts and a drop to page 2!

I agree. :-(

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I was at work tonight and someone said "George Jefferson died!" I guess they'd seen it on the news in the break room downstairs.

We all thought about it as we worked and none of us for the life of us could think of his real name

Then I thought about how I've never once in my life been called a honky

• Options
    ShanksShanks "THAT FELLOW" Registered User regular
    I guess I don't get it.

Why do celebrity death headlines (and I guess sometimes thread titles) (threadlines!) (no, that's stupid) do the whole "Get it? The person who died is known for this phrase/lyric/quote that we've now re-purposed to apply to news of their death!" thing?

Maybe I'm just noticing it more recently, but it seems like it's becoming more common.

Also I don't think I have ever watched The Jeffersons.

And Toasty, that sucks. I remember the feeling first time I lost someone and really understood it. And I remember feeling guilty afterwards that I didn't feel that bad when my grandparents died.

Royal Families card game rules Origin/XBL: SpaceRangerJ Steam
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    :(

I will always rememeber him as Earl's boss; B.P. Richfield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APXLid0D584

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Shanks wrote: »
    I guess I don't get it.

Why do celebrity death headlines (and I guess sometimes thread titles) (threadlines!) (no, that's stupid) do the whole "Get it? The person who died is known for this phrase/lyric/quote that we've now re-purposed to apply to news of their death!" thing?

Maybe I'm just noticing it more recently, but it seems like it's becoming more common.

Even if you don't recognise the name, you might get the reference and realise who the article/thread is about.

broken image link
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I seriously can't stop watching that clip of him dancing

it's so good

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    death scares me rigid on pretty much a weekly basis

• Options
    Oh my god, that dance.

• Options
    Man this thread just fucking vanished. Can't believe it didn't even make it to page 2.