As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    I'm reading on cyanide's Facebook page that they've blocked access to the servers unless you have chaos edition. Seems a bit extreme. I'm still on holiday so can't confirm.

Do they expect such a sudden surge of interest that their servers won't be able to handle everything?

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Downloading CE now. I didn't know it had achievements; that's exciting.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    PA Chaos League has been created. PW=wang

If we can get at least 6 players we can do this thing. Sign up if you are available to play at least once a week, and are able to accomadate a wide range of time zones!

No team limit, feel free to bring in an old favorite team if you prefer. Good luck!

Steam
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I'm reading on cyanide's Facebook page that they've blocked access to the servers unless you have chaos edition. Seems a bit extreme. I'm still on holiday so can't confirm.

Not true. However, you do need to download a pretty hefty 900 mb update (as you will be competing against Chaos Edition players. You just can't use CE teams).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

If we can get at least 6 players we can do this thing. Sign up if you are available to play at least once a week, and are able to accomadate a wide range of time zones!

No team limit, feel free to bring in an old favorite team if you prefer. Good luck!

I will be joining. Don't know what CE team yet though...

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Alrighty, this will be the first thing I do before getting sucked into Xcom

• BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

Any team value limit? If not, I'll bring back the Pomps for more BS plays with their 1500+ TV (I forget how much exactly, though it's under 1600). If so, I'll start a new High Elves team and sign up with them instead.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Must have just been some idiots talking crap wrt the servers.

I'm away for a few more days but back Sunday morning PST, so if you haven't kicked off by then ill jump in with a team.

Edit: thinking chaos dwarfs but will see what other teams have been done first.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Personally I would rather have a new open league rather then another regular league. But regardless Punch, Crunch, Belch is coming out of it's hangover to smash more skulls in this new league.

steam_sig.png
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    A deferment on my student loan suddenly means I have 150 dollars less to cry about. Guess I should get this!

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    A deferment on my student loan suddenly means I have 150 dollars less to cry about. Guess I should get this!

I don't think you need CE to join, not sure.

Steam
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Personally I would rather have a new open league rather then another regular league. But regardless Punch, Crunch, Belch is coming out of it's hangover to smash more skulls in this new league.

We can always try and reboot the open league. If you guys see me on steam I'm always keen for a game. I've got my lizards, dark elves and vamps available.

steam_sig.png

I don't think you need CE to join, not sure.

This would skyrocket my total bloodbowl expenditures to 18 dollars over like 2 years or whatever. At this point I don't think I caaaare.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

Sounds about right for Cyanide... lemme fire up LE and see what happens. Yup.. You're version is not Supported.. so no Online for LE. Cyanide you've lost me for good now.

edit: I may have been hasty as I forgot I was in Offline mode and it's updating right now.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    It would have been nice if they added any kind of features for CE, like not ever playing the snow stage ever again.

Steam
    And with the update installed I can now connect to the servers again. But man, I still feel burned out from running the 3 Leagues so not sure if I'll join in this upcoming one or not. But hell, I'm a glutton for punishment and if you need a body to fill out the League, you know I'll do it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Idea for a bi-weekly league first game to played over a Mon-Fri period and a second game over the weekend. No playoffs so you always know who you are playing to schedule games in advance and so no teams sit out a game. Cash prize for the 1st and 2nd ranked teams reduce to compensate for lack of playoffs.

steam_sig.png
    We haven't kicked off the league, so I'm all ears if you have ideas on how we should set it up.

Steam
    Alright, i have a few matches with Khorne under my belt, so here are some initial impressions.

1. This is a very saucy squad. They start with no ball handling skills, and no blocking skills outside of juggernaut. Also, all that frenzy means it is very hard to keep formation, which means a running game will be harder to pull off and you'll need to pass occassionally. A lot can go wrong and khorne coaches will be punished by nuffle over and over.
    2. Heralds are ridiculous blitzers, I can't see blitzing with anyone else. Horns on the other guys are just for desperate times. By far the best piece on the roster, imo.
    3. Letters are alright, AV 7 kind of sucks. I still havent figured out how best to use them. Probably make them my ball carriers, with some of them getting guard to help make up for the teams lack of strength. They probably all need blodge, but i feel like i am missing out on the other skills since they have so much available to them (things like pass, sure hands, catch). I think the most interesting decisions are done with these pieces and if anyone else has advice on them i would love to hear it.
    4. Pit fighters are hilarious. They should put on pants. I don't want to waste their frenzy by making them ball carriers, but they can skill up pretty easily that way. In fact, frenzy is a liability for a ball carrier because you can't do the whole blitz a guy off you reliably. I put leader on my first skill up, block on all the others, and guard on every double. \
    5. Unless i can throw tentacles on it, im avoiding all wild animal pieces. Bloodthirsters make for good inducements, but i don't think i would own one for myself. Plus he costs $Texas and this roster is expensive and fragile.

Khorne coaches are really going to have to play a smart positional game. If they can't surf the other team, they will be down players in a hurry. Graphically, im a little dissappointed because the letters and heralds look so similar, but i like the actual design of this team. I really need to learn good frenzy positional techniques.

Steam
    edited October 2012
    yeah I joined with a Khorne team, but I'm probably going to drop that for an underworld team.

Also, Blood Bowl Legendary is on sale for $10, which you then can buy Chaos Edition for $10, effectively making Chaos Edition on sale for $20. Anyone on the fence that doesn't have any blood bowl, jump on this now

Veevee on
    Well, just played my first two matches (on Easy admittedly). Lost the first, tied the second. Logically this must mean I'm gonna win the third.

Yeah, no. I don't think I quite get this game yet.

edited October 2012
    Reminder: the PW for the open league is "wang"

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Well, just played my first two matches (on Easy admittedly). Lost the first, tied the second. Logically this must mean I'm gonna win the third.

Don't play on Easy as they will always beat you the way the coded the AI. Play on Medium. Hard is retarded.

Easiest way is to play with another person. Join the Open League.

50433.png?1708759015
    Wait so hard is the easiest difficulty and easy is the hardest?

No wonder I smash the AI on hard.

steam_sig.png
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Don't play on Easy as they will always beat you the way the coded the AI. Play on Medium. Hard is retarded.

Hmm. Pretty sure difficulty levels aren't supposed to work like that.

As for the Open League... I'll think about it, but I got zero experience with that sort of thing.

As for the Open League... I'll think about it, but I got zero experience with that sort of thing.

Just play against some pubbies in the Auld league. Other than learning the controls, there is literally no point in playing against the computer

If you play one of us we can give you tips and stuff on how to play. What team do you play?

Steam
  • RichardRichard Registered User regular
    My brother has talked me into buying the game (we played a lot of Warhammer, 40k and Necromunda back in the days), but I haven't really given the game a proper chance. The tutorial seems pretty bad and I think I got the basic idea of the game already but is there any good beginner advice I can get from you experienced players?

If I am planning on getting a good Skaven team together what should I spend my money on initially?

I'm assuming the best experience of the game is playing online but I think I need to play a season or two against the AI to get the hang of things first.

edited October 2012
    I'm getting on now if anyone wants to play an open league game, I'll be in the blood bowl group chat

Veevee on
    So chaos dwarfs are really good. If you take the good parts of a dwarf team and then add a MV 7 ST 4 Sprint Surefeet character to cover all the territory your dwarf island misses. Im really impressed by them, and their beards. They all kind of look like that villain from mario rpg.

Steam
    I am currently undefeated with chaos dwarfs everyone fear me please and also don't test them.

edited October 2012
    Chaos dwarves are my favourite team. I'm glad they got added.

@richard if you look in the OP there should be a link to some play books which should help you start a team.

Edit: doesn't seem to be in the op:

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png

*shrug* Difficulty levels are NOT supposed to work that way, but the way Cyanide coded it, it works out that way. Easy plays so conservatively that you have a hard time against them as they never take a risk. Medium takes a few risks and what not making them easier to play. Hard supposedly takes absurd risks and cheats.

50433.png?1708759015
    I guess that makes sense. Would give you experience in breaking cages.

steam_sig.png

If you play one of us we can give you tips and stuff on how to play. What team do you play?

I haven't really picked one yet. Right now I'm just trying out different teams. I'm leaning towards the fast, dodgy ones, but those freakin' elves can't really handle much of a punch.

Also, when I said I had zero experience, I meant I have zero experience with online play. Not just online Blood Bowl, but online period. I'd need to learn the very basest of basics first.

edited October 2012
    Rule #1 of online play: Everyone acts like sociopaths

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Rule #1 of online play: Everyone acts like sociopaths

I know. It's one of the reasons I never bothered looking into playing online.

Anyone feel like playing an open league game? Id love to try one of the new teams against a human

Steam
    We have four folks registered in the league now, just need a couple more teams. TNT, you had some ideas if you want to bounce them off of me for scheduling and stuff id love to hear it. Also, ill appoint everyone as commissioner for quicker validation.

Wotan, you should make a team and register to the open league, just in case you ever get the urge to play i can have it pre-admitted so you dont have to wait around. You can make as many as you want.

And id be happy to lay out tips and stuff for you if you'd think you'd like some.

Steam
    I'll sign up when I get off work. Is there a chaos dwarf team yet?

I was going to sign up before work but my pc went to sleep stopping the download.

steam_sig.png