As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    You can look up the team in the cabalvision by either the team name or coach but it will reflect their current team value as opposed to what it was at the time you played

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    You can look up the team in the cabalvision by either the team name or coach but it will reflect their current team value as opposed to what it was at the time you played

i am surprised that it isn't tied to the replay. but then again i guess it isn't technically part of the game.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    farbekrieg wrote: »

i am surprised that it isn't tied to the replay. but then again i guess it isn't technically part of the game.

No I definitely agree they should include a> team value, and b> records on the intro of the replay because why not?

edit: so i rolled the team i want to be best with (dark elves) and i played em to 7-1-0 but there were 5 fucking concedes.... this isnt a kill team (i havent even rolled doubles yet, 4 blitzers 7 linemen) the latest concession is most baffling as i struggled to move the ball down field (DE v DE) and around turn 5 i commit move to a sideline screen i thought was 'mostly' safe. I've been rolling 1s like there is no tomorrow burning 3 rerolls on dodges (kickoff event meant i had one left) he uses his witch elf to make a 4+ 4+ 2+ 1 die surf of my ball carrier... i move to the throw in the following turn and do double 1s to fail the pick up burning my last reroll. he uses his 5 agility linemen to dodge past all my guys and pick up the ball (double 1s) I manage to block him out of the way, pick up the ball roll back across the field and get a 3+ and 2+ td pass. so its my opponents turn 6 he gets quick snap and double ones the pick up (its that kind of game) and concedes... he still had the ball fairly protected and 2 turns to score and got the 2nd half kick...

The only thing of note is this dude was rocking a guard linemen, 2x witch elf (one with + mv), a +agil lvl 2 blitzer and a +mv blitzer, in addition to the aforementioned +agility linemen. It really makes the victories hollow as for the most part loners got 1 of the 2 mvps and I'm avoiding the entire loner thing until I cam rename players (yes my cheesy theme is more important than moving in tv) Speaking of which the dark elves are 'disablelfed' playing in the handicapable arena

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Still playing (poorly) my De team (tv 1340) and for the first time in forever i beat skaven (tv 1500) (3-2) although i got redonkulously lucky the 2nd half and had one full retard move (he did score turn 16 to make it slightly closer than it was) he had 2 fairly well developed storm vermin (claw mb po) although he did cage a lot and no big guy.. my normal problem with skaven is they have gutter runners everywhere and blitz one free and either hand off or pass to him and i get behind early.

So here is the question I have had 12 level ups and no doubles.

My blitzers are lvl 2,3,3,3 with blodge across the board and 2 with tackle and 1 with sidestep
    my linemen are 1,1,1,2,2,2,3 with block and one with blodge.

Im at TV 1410 which is where things start to get 'rough' for elf teams, should I start firing lvl 4s who dont have doubles? Should I just replace my highest line elf with a witch? I feel my team is extremely vanilla and as I enter that 1500 tv-ish area I'm going to have problems.

• Options
    i thought elves get stronger as TV increases? although i will admit i have zero idea. all i run into are chaos teams and the occasional dwarf. the few times i have come across DE the WE seemed to be one of the key components, although the frenzy is just as much a bane as a boon. does that come standard?

• Options
    i thought elves get stronger as TV increases? although i will admit i have zero idea. all i run into are chaos teams and the occasional dwarf. the few times i have come across DE the WE seemed to be one of the key components, although the frenzy is just as much a bane as a boon. does that come standard?

Yeah jump frenzy dodge are standard for witches, and frenzy is just a prepare for the worst kind of skill as it will likely happen.

Rather the problem is around 1500 you start seeing 1 or 2 kill peices (claw/mb/po) per team and a fair amount of tackle which has been propelling me forward for a bit. You definitely need a few stat ups and and a piece or 2 with guard to continue which just hasnt been happening.

So I've been playing LEEEZARDS (Dr Who?) and had to sack my first skink lvl 4 with no doubles or movement... it was a sad moment.

As I went on to play RATS. My Krox who has refused to hurt anyone in his 16 game career bone headed 5x on my way to a 3-2 loss... admittedly this was not the reason I lost im used to him being a non functional idiot but it certainly wasnt helping.

Algernon Krieger Krox ,16 games 54 successful blocks thrown... 0 casualties... none zip zero, he has been injured more (2x) on only 23 blocks. He got his second mvp in the loss because the cabalvision equivalent of john gruden liked that kids moxy and drool out there, giving him a total of um... 10 spp.

Continueing his tradition of loving low dice rolls a 2 and gets block! I'm very conflicted about this.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    again (asking for a friend!)

there are no EU BB players for a league, right?

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    The next match in our PA league has concluded, 2-1 in Pox Populis favor.

The rats continued their streak of nobody killing them but themselves with their own ogre dying to a GFI, but still managed to pick up the win on the strength of (the silliness of) Agility 4 dodge movement 9 pieces

Orcs punched a lot of rats, but in the end only injured two, and one of those was a journeyman.

Still undefeated, the rats prepare themselves for the wood elves. Did they learn anything from their last elven match? Will any more rats fall before the brutal scythe of Nuffles favor? Find out next time!

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Zombie Hero and I have finished our Orc on Orc match. Each team inflicted a death that the apothecary reversed, ZH inflicted an additional -agi injury and got the only touchdown due to nuffle fucking me with a double inaccurate pass right into the arms of an enemy blitzer who succeeded in both gfi without even needing a Reroll

In summation fuck nuffle in his rancid whore mouth. I look forward to the next season when I can delete this thrice cursed team.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    just as a heads up to anyone who lurks in this thread etc, Steam is having a huge sale on all GW titles.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    There is something wrong with me as I went back to playing Bretts of all people my lowly 1310 brett team faced a 1550 chaos team so i spent the 240k on a wizard and bribe (dipping 10k into my own funds).

I didnt have to use the bribe or fireball winning 2-0 and feel a little cheated... mostly because im only at 3 blocks and 10k short of getting a the last one.

• Options
    Brettonians are widely considered to be the weakest team correct? Has there been any talk from the devs about improving them?

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    they aren't strong in the current roster but the teams available in blood bowl 2 are some of the strongest teams in the game period. Out of the 20 something available on fumbbl the bretts would probably be middle of the road

I just think their skill access is wacky

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Yeah the Brets are not a top tier team, but they also are not a joke team. Solidly middle of the road. Their skill access is weird because if the blitzers/knights/whatever they are called had strength access, the team would possibly be overpowered. I think they'd be a nice counterweight to high team value Chaos if the blitzers had strength access, since claw would be only moderately useful against them, but honestly I'd prefer if teams that have been tested over decades had been introduced before they started with new rosters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    The hot lizard on lizard action has happened and it was quite fun. Once again my skinks got through with almost no injuries due to some weird voodoo ritual I am certain. 2 badly hurt but nothing long term. Dinopoors miraculously (based on the team lineup going into the match) had zero injuries. Towards the end the game was filled with delicious skink bullshit with both sides pulling off 3+ dodge moves multiple times.

Final score was 2-0 in my favor. Well fought match on both sides and the score is more an indication of a couple of bad dice rolls that favored me. Both came in the second half and one because half his skinks were loners due to the unfortunate events of an earlier game.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    when playing against elves, what is an appropriate approach as the slower team( chaos, orcs, to a lesser extent lizardmen)? the game i just played my wood elf opponent managed to stymie my offense in the first half (forced a turnover on like turn 6 i think), and then in the second half managed to score full field length in essentially 2 turns on turn 14 leaving me with very little chance to tie it up.

edit: to clarify, i basically tried to always blitz his downfield elf, and sent 1 guy to try and contest the ball and then just marked every single guy as much as a could. i was fortunate enough to force a bunch of KO's (unfortunately later in the game) so i could double mark some guys but they pretty much always had 83% chance to dodge so it felt like a waste? it felt as though i forced a bunch of rolls but they were all near guarantees.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    when playing against elves, what is an appropriate approach as the slower team( chaos, orcs, to a lesser extent lizardmen)? the game i just played my wood elf opponent managed to stymie my offense in the first half (forced a turnover on like turn 6 i think), and then in the second half managed to score full field length in essentially 2 turns on turn 14 leaving me with very little chance to tie it up.

edit: to clarify, i basically tried to always blitz his downfield elf, and sent 1 guy to try and contest the ball and then just marked every single guy as much as a could. i was fortunate enough to force a bunch of KO's (unfortunately later in the game) so i could double mark some guys but they pretty much always had 83% chance to dodge so it felt like a waste? it felt as though i forced a bunch of rolls but they were all near guarantees.

You have to make them dodge through contested squares or into tackle zones to reliably stop them. Otherwise you just keep between them and the goal and punch out anyone who tries to run past.

• Options
    Yeah the make them roll dice strat, the thing you want to do with high agility/mobility teams is to make them dodge away every turn or get punched on the following turn.

The other thing to consider is letting them score early isnt always a bad thing, what you cant abide is letting them have a long drive and they score leaving you with no ability to counter, so ball pressure without over commitment is important try to force them into a scrum which clearly favors you.

Turns 1-5 I try to pressure the ball and turns 6-8 consider how to prevent them from scoring. (Of course I tend to lose 5-2 vs teams that just score at every possible turn (raaaaaats) so ya know grains of salt

• Options
    i guess i played it appropriately then and just didn't get enough rolls that went my way.

• Options
    it feels as though agility teams are playing a totally different game. i am finishing up a game against dark elves where my opponent is about to win 1-0. they rolled really poorly (like 3 turnovers in the first half, not counting the 2 rerolls), but on turn 7 he forced the ball out of my hands an damaged to nearly scored (failed a GFI with 1 square to go) by going nearly the length of the field in a single turn. then in the second half i contain him for pretty much the entire time but on turn 14 he gets another break out turn on the back of a dodge + pick-up + gfi + downfield player that catches and dodges.

i know for a fact there were 2 mistakes that i ended up avoiding being punished for due to my opponent's bad rolls in the first half, so i guess this is the best i could have hoped for? the difference between a loss against these teams and others is right now it does not seem that most of the decisions i made mattered since they can just score in approximately 1 turn.

• Options
    Agility teams absolutely play a different game from bash teams. Basically if the bash team doesn't get numerical superiority reasonably early, there is little they can do to stop an agility team. Alternatively you can try the 2-1 grind, which agility teams can have a tough time defeating. If you receive, you just make sure to score on turn 8 (possibly turn 7 but that is risky against an agility team) and then either let them score quickly in the second half, or force them to score quickly (2-3 turns should be plenty) and grind your way down the field for the rest of the second half, at which point you shouldn't have too much trouble scoring in 4-5 turns if you have managed to whittle down their numbers.

Low team value bash teams have a rough go of it against low team value agility teams as you will generally not have much (if any) mighty blow and possibly a lack of block and tackle if you are not Dwarfs. Low team value Chaos in particular is unlikely to be able to defeat agility teams early without getting lucky. Orcs at least have the blitzers with block, and better armor than Chaos.

At high team value, when bash teams are full of block, mighty blow and either claws or tackle, agility teams have a very hard time being successful.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Low team value bash teams have a rough go of it against low team value agility teams as you will generally not have much (if any) mighty blow and possibly a lack of block and tackle if you are not Dwarfs. Low team value Chaos in particular is unlikely to be able to defeat agility teams early without getting lucky.

that's actually my current situation (around 1k with my elf opponent ahead by a little. my only skillups so far are 1 CW with block, one beastman with MB, and my minotaur has tentacles). i guess my games went according to script then based on what has been said since i did not get any early injuries/ko's (or they were equalized y my own guys being down and out) and i was unable to secure my first half score.

• Options
    Yeah Chaos is very much a long term team. They start out very mediocre because the only skill anybody has at the start is horns on the beastmen and stuff on the minotaur if you use it. They get very good later on because they have amazing skill access (mutations, strength and general for all bar the minotaur) and very good stats. I think it's around 1300 TV they start to have a decent shot against agility teams, and once they hit 1500 or so they are able to grind agility teams into dust (if the team actually gets to play any games, lots of people duck matches against high team value Chaos because they are murder machines and nobody wants to lose 400+ TV in a single match).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    i had a chaos team prior to this, but i played almost exclusively against dwarf, chaos, and orcs so this is one of my first experiences against agility teams.

edit: WOW blood bowl has been exceptionally swingy today. beat a high elf who gave up at the end of the first half as i was able to prevent him from scoring and just proceeded to run out his turn timer every turn but never do anything. now i am playing a dwarf opponent who has killed 3 of my players (and KO'd 3 others) and it is only turn 5. including my level 3 beastman who just got claw+might blow.

edit 2: so end of the first half 2 dead (1 apothecary save), 1 injured, 4 KO'd. although he had 1 guy who was sent off due to a foul so i guess that's nice?

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    well...apparently if every single one of your players is removed from the pitch the game continues. that game did not go well...

• Options
    Hrm according to the competition rules:

"A coach that concedes (see page 15) before setting up for a kick-off where he could only field 2 players or less suffers no additional penalties. If one coach concedes for any other reason then the winner gains all of the loser's winnings and MVP from this match. In addition, the loser automatically loses one Fan Factor and may not roll for a new one, and any players in the loser's team that have 51 SPPs or more will leave the team on a D6 roll of 1-3. Roll separately for each player with 51 or more SPPs to see if they leave."

So if the match continued when you could not fill the line of scrimmage, that is a definite bug. It's not a huge surprise that they did not code in that condition (there are multiple parts where it talks about conceding a match for some reason), but it is disappointing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i still had players that were KO'd and all of them came back for the next kick off, maybe that had something to do with it? overall it has not been a very good blood bowl day. multiple player deaths, even more permanent injuries and some additional marks in the loss column.

i feel as though i have to be doing something wrong since i have so many major injuries per game.

• Options
    i still had players that were KO'd and all of them came back for the next kick off, maybe that had something to do with it? overall it has not been a very good blood bowl day. multiple player deaths, even more permanent injuries and some additional marks in the loss column.

i feel as though i have to be doing something wrong since i have so many major injuries per game.

Have you payed your dues to the Church of His Glory? Nuffle demands tribute.

• Options
    Once or twice is a fluke, as the dice can go against you at any time. If you are consistently taking a lot of injuries, then you are giving your opponent too many chances to hit you. Especially against slow teams it is a good idea to "soft mark" players by blocking their path with your players, but not actually ending the turn in contact. Ideally make them commit to a scrum where they can, at best, knock down maybe two of your players, but then the next turn you have the advantage and can put his players down in large numbers. AV8 is not that difficult to break, and AV9 will break eventually.

I've likely said it before, but Blood Bowl is a game of risk management. Give the dice too many chances to screw you, and they inevitably will. I would actually suggest playing as an agility team for a while so that you can learn the style.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    We joke about it, but the overall design of the game encourages KOs and deaths. So. yeah. You want to make the other guy close the gap to do any real damage.

Of course, they're probably doing the same thing to you.

• Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Once or twice is a fluke, as the dice can go against you at any time. If you are consistently taking a lot of injuries, then you are giving your opponent too many chances to hit you. Especially against slow teams it is a good idea to "soft mark" players by blocking their path with your players, but not actually ending the turn in contact. Ideally make them commit to a scrum where they can, at best, knock down maybe two of your players, but then the next turn you have the advantage and can put his players down in large numbers. AV8 is not that difficult to break, and AV9 will break eventually.

I've likely said it before, but Blood Bowl is a game of risk management. Give the dice too many chances to screw you, and they inevitably will. I would actually suggest playing as an agility team for a while so that you can learn the style.

once or twice a game suffer an injury? or once or twice have a total blowout? the latter doesn't happen all that often, but i do seem to suffer a large number of armor breaks. not sure what an average number per game so it just "feels" like a lot. i would have to go back and check but i recall there being stretches where every armor break (against me) resulted in a player death or serious injury (1 to something). a lot of them coming at the hands of agility teams lately. i guess i am hard marking opposing players too often and allowing for additional chances at injuries.

• Options
    Once or twice suffering multiple major injuries is a fluke, a consistent pattern of multiple major injuries per game suggests that your opponents are getting too many chances to knock your guys down. The Blood Bowl random number generator is not (as far as I know) predictable, so there isn't some secret to causing injuries. It is simply a matter of statistics. AV8 should break 10 out of 36 times with no modifiers, that is a bit more than 1 in 4. Of those breaks, an injury more severe than a KO should happen 1 in 6 times. If your entire team is AV8 you would expect to take a serious injury roughly 1 in every 24 knockdowns.

Now that's an average, and it is certainly possible to take 3 or more serious injuries in those 24 knockdowns, but not consistently. If you are regularly taking 2 or more serious injuries per game that means you are almost certainly having your players knocked down more than 24 times a game, which is entirely too much. When you kick off you can count on at least 2 of you line of scrimmage players going down, and very often all 3. As a bash team you will likely kick off two or three times, so that accounts for 6 knockdowns. Additionally, the opponent gets one blitz per turn, which will probably knock down a player somewhere between half the time and two thirds the time. If it is 2/3, then over 16 turns you would expect an additional 10 knockdowns from blitzes. Most likely you will have your players knocked down at least 16 times per game. Another 8 knockdowns in a scrum or something similar is probably about the most you should be willing to accept as the cost of doing business.

It is very tempting to wade into a scrum against an agility team, but if you get overly aggressive it can backfire on you. Even if they don't break your armor when they knock you down, it still prevents you from throwing a block with that player on the next turn. The vast majority of players on the pitch are strength 3, and it is not overly difficult to manage a 2d block against a strength 3 player. Even if they don't knock you down, and simply push you back, that is a player that probably won't be able to throw a block in return.

That brings up another point, think carefully before following up a block, especially if it is a push instead of a knock down. There isn't really a hard and fast rule on whether to follow up or not, you have to judge the situation the player will end up in as well as what your formation will look like afterward.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    do pushes count as "blocks" in the end game stats? i would assume so.

• Options
    I believe that only knockdowns count as "blocks" in the end game stats.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    i am trying to figure out what the mistake in my play is. currently i am playing lizardmen, chaos, and orcs. combined i am 3-12 or so over my most recent set of games. several games had multiple players deaths in addition to other casualties. my last one (orcs vs. dwarves) i sustained 70+ blocks as i have only just started looking at the stats rather than just playing, so i am not sure if that is normal or not. i can't really pinpoint any specific error that turned the tide but i have noticed a specific pattern that seems to happen:

i am able to advance the ball partly into their side of the field, and then i get funneled to a sideline. at that point is a mire bodies and i end up failing a crucial block and then it is all over from there (at best a turn over and i don't score, at worst they get a score during "my half"). typically i do not have the opportunity to reverse the position of the field advantageously (or at least i don't think so).

my rerolls tend to get burned early on since i have an unhealthy habit lately of rolling double skulls with my first action. i guess i could just eat the turnover and hold them but then i am risking even more positioning early in the half. i think i may also need to try and dodge my guys away more frequently or not trying and mark guys left behind in order to try and keep protecting the ball.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Sustaining 70+ blocks, even if it is counting pushes and both downs (with block on your side) is a heck of a lot. Your opponents are averaging more than 4 blocks a turn against you. This is absolutely bad news for your team and would explain the large number of injuries you are receiving.

OK some general advice. Getting stuck in a scrum against Dwarfs is very rarely a good idea, especially at low team values. They will have the advantage of having block on nearly everybody and have probably taken guard as their first skill. This means they are very likely to be able to get 2d blocks against you, and with block on their players this is highly unlikely to result on a turnover. They are also unlikely to have pieces taken off the field with their high armor and thick skull trait. A scrum against Dwarfs results in an attrition game that they are likely to win.

You can handle this in a couple of ways. As you've said, you can generally push into their side of the field a little bit, at which point they collapse onto you and rely on their better skills to weather the initial onslaught, after which they start punishing you with knockdowns. This is a typical Dwarf strategy and is very effective. You are a bash team, so of course you want to bash. In this particular example it is not a good idea until you have block on everybody and decent amounts of guard.

Instead, a better approach might be to take down / push back their line of scrimmage players and setup a solid cage on your side of the field slightly behind the front lines and off center depending on where you had the most success against their front three. As an Orc team you are likely to need three turns to go from the center of the field to the end zone, so you don't have to advance in the first two or three turns necessarily. If you can get the opponent to commit to an attack you can then survey the situation and decide on the best way to respond. If he sends in only a few players, punish them and creep forward. If he commits fully, he will almost certainly have to commit to one side or the other. You can then either start punishing him with blocks, or start moving the ball down the weaker side of his formation. Dwarfs in particular have to play a very conservative style of defense, since half their team will have 4 movement and only a few will have 6. Orcs are not terribly fast themselves, but are certainly faster (and more agile, though dodging with 3 agility is quite risky) than Dwarfs. Dwarfs are really one of the few teams that Orcs can manage a breakaway against, though it is not often recommended.

Really though Dwarfs are a tough early matchup for most rosters. They have fantastic starting skills and great armor. Dwarf defense tends to be either "get in a scrum and rely on skills to save you" or "make the fast team score quickly and then pound them into the astrogranite" with very little in-between. Low team value Orc teams have to either get lucky in a scrum, or make them break their formation and then take advantage. The Dwarf coach that hit you with over 70 blocks is probably fairly experienced at scrums and how to order blocks for the most effectiveness.

The best way to improve, of course, is to play more games and to think about how your choices are impacting the flow. Getting into a few friendly matches (where SPPs, winnings and injuries are ignored) can be a good way to practice various approaches to situations. There are so many various situations that can crop up that it isn't really possible to cover them all, which is part of the appeal of the game for me.

Also now I'm really hoping that the post-match stats include pushes in the block stats, because if you are getting knocked down 4+ times a turn (entirely possible if the Dwarfs are dominating a scrum) then there is no real way to win that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    going back to my last 5 games i am looking at this:

[Me - Them]

Orc vs Orc: 64 vs 22 blocks sustained
    Orc vs Dwarves: 73 vs 40 blocks sustained
    Chaos vs Dwarves: 53 vs 24
    Lizardmen vs Dark Elves: 42 vs 41
    Lizardmen vs Dwarves: 45 vs 16

From the chaos game on i was actively trying to soft mark ironically. mostly went the way i described previously where i would receive first, then end up getting pinned against the sideline somewhere in the first third or so of their side of the field, get the ball stripped then proceed to lose 2+ to 0. i honestly am not sure what is going on since i do not feel as though i am playing much differently than i used to (when i was winning).

i think a lot of those numbers are artificially inflated because there were many points in some of those games where i had several players that were just standing up and getting knocked down basically every single turn since i never felt i had a good time to try and risk dodging them away (or when i tried they invariably failed their dodge). it probably it is a case of playing not to lose instead of playing to win. my only hope was to try to dodge away and i think i became too risk averse due to a lot of favorable attempts earlier going wrong. strangely enough the fodder that was getting trapped were never the players to get injured. the injured ones were making a GFI when attempting to save the game throwing a block on the ball carrier downfield (1 death), a couple other casualties were on dodges, and the others were on opposing blitzes in most cases. after a few KO's i was down enough players that i couldn't really do anything safe and it just spiraled downwards. although at this point some of the games are running together.

there is no way to see the number of turnovers (turn loss, not turning the ball over) for a given game outside the replay is there? i know i had several of those in multiple games and i am curious how many exactly.

edit: well the last game definitely went south directly as a result of my poor decisions. specifically, my opponent scored early (turn 3 i think so i am trying to chew up the rest of the clock and score before the half. unfortunately i let my blitzer who was carrying the ball get a little too far ahead and then when he connects on 2 blocks the bad guys are able to blitz the ball free. so ends the first half, and then i proceed to cough up the ball because i started down 1 guy. why was i down 1 guy? because yet another player was injured on a GFI trying to salvage the first half. so down 1 guy of course my blitzer decided that burning rerolls and still failing to pick up the ball was the appropriate thing to do. lesson learned, always pick up the ball last.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    So after having 3 guys murdered by 1800 chaos (as 1440 dark elfs) I am looking at my team and damn its tv for 10 players is high

2 witches lvl 1 and lvl 3 (block/mighty blow)

4 blitzers (lvl 1,3,2,2,) blodge/sidestep, strength, mighty blow
    4 linemen (lvl 3,3,1,1) wrestle/guard, agility/wrestle

staff 3 rerolls 1 apo 8 fan factor (10 lvls

I get there are what 3 doubles, a str, a agil but for 10 dudes but my TV is higher than when i got eatten by chaos

What i need is a coaching tool that pulls up the maths for TV instead of having to go to place a player on the market to ascertain their value

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    BB2 is half off on Steam this weekend.