As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rain-Slick 3 in Europes XBLG

mertzmertz Registered User new member
edited July 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
Hi,

Was just wondering if someone here could help me get a handle on when Rain-Slick 3 will be out on the Xbox in Europe (specifically Denmark)?

Cheers.

Do I look like the sort of guy who'd go out, find unsuspecting japanese schoolgirls and ask them if they'd like to see my Cthulhu Special?
mertz on

• Options
    JesChrJesChr Registered User new member
    Same situation here. I played the first two, and really want to see how the story continues.
    Is there anyone that knows how us European can get our hands on it for our xbox?

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    The game is already out in Europe. It's in the Xbox Live Indie Games section. I don't think Denmark supports Xbox Live Indie Games (nothing we can do about that; for whatever reason, Microsoft just doesn't support XBLIG there).

• Options
    JesChrJesChr Registered User new member
    The game is already out in Europe. It's in the Xbox Live Indie Games section. I don't think Denmark supports Xbox Live Indie Games (nothing we can do about that; for whatever reason, Microsoft just doesn't support XBLIG there).
    Any known way to download outside of xbox live and still support the developer?

• Options
    veldmannetjeveldmannetje Registered User new member
    JesChr wrote: »
    Any known way to download outside of xbox live and still support the developer?

Yes I do. I live in Holland and face the same problem and found out to bypass it.
    Even do it's been some time ago, for every europeen living outside the UK here goes;

There are three thing U need
    1. A new x-box account (on the same concole)
    2. A email-account you hardly use (just to be sure)
    3. A pre-paid mspointscard (at least that was what I used)
    4. A real adress in the UK

1+2.So fire up ur 360 and create a new account, and set your location as the UK instead of your real country and use other e-mail account.
    No need to go gold on this account, so don't worry about that.
    So now on your new account go the games section got to "browse games" now there will be a top-tile that says "Indie games"

3.Grab the game you want, and now let add the points. Just enter the code on the card (Don't know if this works wit a creditcard haven't tried it)

4. Now X-box asks for some conformation data like name, phonenumber and adress and stuff.
    Typing gibberish won't help you, so I looked the Chelsea contact data , yeah the football team and gave their info. Xbox accepted it and uptill now is had been a one-time event.

There you boys & girls Indie games avaible fer every europeen.
    Why Microsoft has not made it avaible I don't know, since the multi-language and countries including Indie game-tile, are already imbedded in the os the rest of Europe uses, is beyond me. There are a lot of europeen gamers in Holland, Belgium, Sacndinavia and eastern europe who are used to gaming in English, so that shouldn't be a problem.

ps. Updates for Indie games are only avaible in your UK-account, however you can play the game in your main-account and it depends on the game if u can use save data on other account (for penny arcade 3, yes u can)
    ps2. For games like " beyond good and evil HD" you can play in it English with your UK-account, I live Holland and know this is the only with a horrifying ducht dub on the 360. Once I found decided to stick with my ps2 version if wanted to replay this rare gem