As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Downgrading Flash Player

SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
I've been having some problems (most notably with Twitch.tv) since upgrading to the latest Flash version, so I want to downgrade to ver. 10.3. Is there a way to easily switch between 11.3 and 10.3, or do I have to keep the two installers on hand if I need to switch between the two?

Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

SkyEye on

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Unfortunately I doubt there is an easier way than the way you're describing. Is there any reason why you NEED to have 11.3 installed, and just keep 10.3 installed permanently?

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    urahonky wrote: »
    Unfortunately I doubt there is an easier way than the way you're describing. Is there any reason why you NEED to have 11.3 installed, and just keep 10.3 installed permanently?

As someone who got a virus on their machine due to having to downgrade Flash Player to test a regression error I cannot impress too highly the importance of having the most up to date flash player on your machine if you are going to have it for your day to day surfing.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

As someone who got a virus on their machine due to having to downgrade Flash Player to test a regression error I cannot impress too highly the importance of having the most up to date flash player on your machine if you are going to have it for your day to day surfing.

Yeah good point. Flash is really filled with security holes so it's always best to keep the newest one installed. Maybe he could use 10.3 until 11.4 comes out?