As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Parties

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    MTG's party added. If you see anymore info on it let me know and I will update it.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm going to break out the Carl cosplay early to catch the end of the Giants/Pats preseason game @ Earl's on the Ave on Wednesday August 29th. Very unofficial here; I gotta work that day and Thursday... I won't be there before 6:30 (game starts @ 4:30 PDT), and I can't drink in full-form, but if anyone likes their drinks large, Earl's is the spot. It's in the U-District; at least a cab or bus from downtown. (Not worth adding to the party list, but everyone's invited to this Pre-PAX Pre-Funk. 21+, no cover.)

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • hiddenllamahiddenllama SeattleRegistered User regular
    Any signs of Sega's plans yet?

Nothing that I can find. I am only seeing 2011 info.

• Midnite FaeryMidnite Faery Epic Gamer Girl VancouverRegistered User new member

Thursday, AUGUST 30th "rockage pre-PAX showcase"

Danimal Cannon (NY)
    Minusbaby (NY)
    crashfaster (CA)
    The Glowing Stars (CA)
    Hello, The Future! (CA)
    Freaky DNA (Canada)
    DJ Mr Smith (CA)
    Tracer (CA)
    more TBA

@ The Funhouse 206 5th Ave N. Seattle, WA 98109 206-374-8400

7pm, 21+ only, $10 TIX: http://is.gd/I2QPUl

www.thefunhouseseattle.com/ (located next to the Space Needle)

rockage is a three-day celebration of indie music and retro gaming in San Jose, CA (Feb 8-10, 2013) http://rockageSJ.com/ . This event, at the Funhouse in Seattle, showcases some of the radical artists that will be performing at rockage2.0. It's also a pre-PAX party, so come get crazy with us on the Thursday before PAX Prime.

http://www.facebook.com/events/172766459523601/

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Thread is now updated. Thanks!

Anyone have anymore info on the Guild Wars 2 Launch Party? Looking for location, age restrictions, etc.

adias.angel on
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for making this list! :)

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Major Nelson is throwing an Xbox breakfast on Saturday!
    Xbox PAX Prime Meet up

PAX Prime is next week here in Seattle, and in addition to our live show, we’re also hosting a Community Meet up on Saturday September 1st at Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub. This event is open to everyone (no PAX passes required to attend) and is open to all ages.

Plus, the first 360 people thought the door will receive an Xbox 360 lanyard and a special Xbox LIVE rewards item. Stop down and join us!
    When: Saturday, September 1st, 2012 from 9am – 10:30am
    What: Xbox Meet up brought to you by Xbox LIVE Rewards
    Where: Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub
    1916 Post Alley, Pike Place Market
    Seattle, WA 98101
    Look for the signs
    (Directions)
    Note: Approximately 7 blocks from the Convention Center. Look for signs near the entrance in Post Alley between Stewart and Virginia.
    Why: Come meet me, e, lauralollipop, DMZilla and other members of the Xbox team

Free breakfast – while supplies last.

Plus we’ll also have some prizes to give away

FYI: The Pub was featured on Ghost Adventures.

Events, PAX By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson

permalink: http://majornelson.com/2012/08/20/xbox-pax-prime-meet-up/

PimDtoK.png
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Saturday:
    ....♦ 10am-4pm Daytime Party for Tabletop Gaming (By Break From Reality Games)
    ......@ Gamma Ray Games Cafe, Raygun Lounge. 501 E Pine St., Seattle, WA 98122

I believe this is until 10pm on Saturday, not 4pm. Fridays time is correct according to the facebook page.

Thanks for the list.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
    Beker wrote: »
    I believe this is until 10pm on Saturday, not 4pm. Fridays time is correct according to the facebook page.

Good catch! The page is now updated. :)

• shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Machinima presents: Hawken Party
    Neumos
    925 E Pike St
    Seattle, WA 98122
    Friday, August 31, 2012 from 7:30 PM to 11:55 PM (PDT)

Eventbright ticket page hawkenpaxparty.eventbrite.com/

shadowscout on
  • mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    Neumos
    925 E Pike St
    Seattle, WA 98122

That filled up quick.

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Neumos
    925 E Pike St
    Seattle, WA 98122

That filled up quick.

It looked like there were only 40 or so tickets to start, maybe less

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Neumos
    925 E Pike St
    Seattle, WA 98122

That filled up quick.

When I signed up there were about 100 or so left.
    That was shortly after shadowscout posted it.

IhtGIyi.png
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Neumos
    925 E Pike St
    Seattle, WA 98122

That filled up quick.

When I signed up there were about 100 or so left.
    That was shortly after shadowscout posted it.
    Huh, i guess the first ones must have just gone insanely quick then, checking my email I signed up about 20 minutes after he posted it and there were only 24 left at that point

Just recently showed up on Facebook, Frag Dolls Assassin's Creed III PAX Party.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/490567277637445/
    The Frag Dolls and Assassin’s Creed are having a huge party at PAX Prime 2012!

If you are going to be at PAX Prime this year, we would love for you to RSVP, but first, we need to make sure that you know the following very, VERY important things:
    • You must be 21 years or older to attend
    • You must RSVP by Monday, August 27th with you name and email address to get on the list
    • First come, first served – space is limited, so be sure to arrive early even if you’re on the list!
    • Guest list closes at 11pm
    • If you’re wearing AC cosplay, you get VIP entrance (again, space is limited, so arrive early!)

Doesn't yet say where this will be though.

• Marc MadnessMarc Madness Registered User regular
    kemikal wrote: »
    Just recently showed up on Facebook, Frag Dolls Assassin's Creed III PAX Party.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/490567277637445/
    The Frag Dolls and Assassin’s Creed are having a huge party at PAX Prime 2012!

If you are going to be at PAX Prime this year, we would love for you to RSVP, but first, we need to make sure that you know the following very, VERY important things:
    • You must be 21 years or older to attend
    • You must RSVP by Monday, August 27th with you name and email address to get on the list
    • First come, first served – space is limited, so be sure to arrive early even if you’re on the list!
    • Guest list closes at 11pm
    • If you’re wearing AC cosplay, you get VIP entrance (again, space is limited, so arrive early!)

Doesn't yet say where this will be though.

It also doesn't say where/how to get on the guest list.

• ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Seriously why are all the parties on Friday this year? It's usually split fairly 50/50 this year is crazy.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    ElmoFuntz wrote: »
    Seriously why are all the parties on Friday this year? It's usually split fairly 50/50 this year is crazy.
    Everyone probably wants to go see Avicii.

• namelessbanananamelessbanana Registered User regular
    Square Enix is hosting a huge celebration for the 25 anniversary of Final Fantasy at the ACT theater from 1-9 on August 31st.

http://na.square-enix.com/finalfantasy/go/article/view/final_fantasy_25th_anniversary/259623/final_fantasy_25th_anniversary_na_celebration!

• PAULFIERCEPAULFIERCE Registered User regular
    Konami got something. But it's for press/media only.

Thread has been update.

Note: New facebook page for the Pre-PAX Nightclub Party.

sign up page for the frag dolls party was posted on fbook - doesn't seem to have a ticket limit like the hawken one so I suspect this one will get limited number wise on the doors of the event - either way I'd clicky-quicky just in case ;)

assassinspaxparty.eventbrite.com/

Square Enix is hosting a huge celebration for the 25 anniversary of Final Fantasy at the ACT theater from 1-9 on August 31st.

http://na.square-enix.com/finalfantasy/go/article/view/final_fantasy_25th_anniversary/259623/final_fantasy_25th_anniversary_na_celebration!

So going to this. Especially since I will be dressing as a moogle.

sign up page for the frag dolls party was posted on fbook - doesn't seem to have a ticket limit like the hawken one so I suspect this one will get limited number wise on the doors of the event - either way I'd clicky-quicky just in case ;)

assassinspaxparty.eventbrite.com/

Thanks for posting the link!

no probs - and reference the hawken party - there will be a limited number of tickets availabel from the booth at PAX - quoted from Hawken facebook post
    The party link was posted to the forum yesterday and in about 12 hours, all the tickets were snatched up.
    In all my wisdom, I reserved a small number to be given out at our PAX booth and Machinima.com's booth. Hawken is in booth #3830.
    Warning: We will likely make you jump through hoops and/or perform in some way to get one of the party tickets.

• DualShockDumpsterDualShockDumpster Registered User new member

Nothing that I can find. I am only seeing 2011 info.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I found out back in March that SEGA doesn't own Gameworks anymore :( . In short there was an item on the menu there that was popular and was no longer available. I asked one of the managers working what happened and they said they changed the menu when they underwent new ownership. I asked what happened to SEGA and they said that SEGA didn't own Gameworks anymore.

Not saying that there isn't going to be a party, but I received a VIP invite to the one last year because they made it it open to the public, unlike 2010, and that was about 2 weeks prior to PAX Prime 2011. I emailed the same rep who sent out the VIP invite last year and asked if they were doing a party again this year at Gameworks or anywhere for that matter, because SEGA really can throw a party. I'll keep you guys informed if I receive any information, but as of right now things are looking grim for Saturday evening :(.

edited August 2012
    so things are looking a bit grim for the saturday notch party
    "Drama! Ok, I looked it over, and here's what happened:

The people helping me throw this party (that I do to give back to the awesome game dev and gaming communities, and because I really like good parties) asked (with my permission) a promoter I've never heard of (usc) to help spread the word to make sure the venue is packed with a more diverse crowd than just game devs.

Turns out game devs and gamers might not really consider them the best promoter choice, and usc kinda sorta implied being involved and did not credit me properly, so I'm sending angry emails to the people who helped me set up this party now.

Clubbing is most awesome when people are actually dancing, and if other game developers are anything like me, the only dance moves they know is the "jump in place for a bit" and the "head nod while sipping a drink", so I still think that letting the public know about it is a good idea, but I do NOT think it was handled correctly.

Anyway, the damage is done.

If you're super eager about Avicii or the party in general (or even me!), you might want to show up early just to make sure, the venue only holds 2500 people.

Sorry about this,
    Notch"

tl:dr: all of seattle is going to show up, entry is unrestricted and the venue only holds 2500 people. Expect it to be not a pax/minecraft party but a standard seattle dance club equivalent, if you manage to get in

taliosfalcon on
  • AryilonAryilon Registered User new member
    Found this one mentioned on facebook earlier today... TIPSY League of Legends PAX-Prime After-party. Does anyone know if it's legit?

http://www.facebook.com/events/337446869672989/

• degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular

The people helping me throw this party (that I do to give back to the awesome game dev and gaming communities, and because I really like good parties) asked (with my permission) a promoter I've never heard of (usc) to help spread the word to make sure the venue is packed with a more diverse crowd than just game devs.

Turns out game devs and gamers might not really consider them the best promoter choice, and usc kinda sorta implied being involved and did not credit me properly, so I'm sending angry emails to the people who helped me set up this party now.

Clubbing is most awesome when people are actually dancing, and if other game developers are anything like me, the only dance moves they know is the "jump in place for a bit" and the "head nod while sipping a drink", so I still think that letting the public know about it is a good idea, but I do NOT think it was handled correctly.

If you're super eager about Avicii or the party in general (or even me!), you might want to show up early just to make sure, the venue only holds 2500 people.

Sorry about this,
    Notch"

tl:dr: all of seattle is going to show up, entry is unrestricted and the venue only holds 2500 people. Expect it to be not a pax/minecraft party but a standard seattle dance club equivalent, if you manage to get in

If you look further into the comments they mentioned that they are working on a way to prioritize people with a PAX badge. Also if you RSVP'd at http://secretblackfedora.com/pax/ then you are most definitely gonna be able to get in. To those that RSVP'd through that link, you will get an email early next week with the details about the event as well as further updates.

• poodpood SeattleRegistered User regular

Sorry about this,
    Notch"

The venue can actually hold 15k-20k, but notch can't afford paying for a party that big.

luckily, PAX people will have priority entry and all that info will be sent out sometime early next week.

You know, Avicii isn't THAT good of a DJ. The crowd will make the party and avicii draws a big crowd. I've been going to EDM shows for the last 10 years and I can tell you even if there's a big headliner, but not enough people show up. it's not that fun.

Aryilon wrote: »
    Found this one mentioned on facebook earlier today... TIPSY League of Legends PAX-Prime After-party. Does anyone know if it's legit?

http://www.facebook.com/events/337446869672989/

Seems to me reported in a few placed now so I am going to say legit. Thanks for posting it here!

With all the parties on Friday, you'd think it'd be easier to book a venue for Saturday. .____.

• AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
  • draco24draco24 Registered User regular
    Official League of Legends Riot Games PAX After Party (Friday)

Eventbrite link

• sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Anyone know if the MTG and GW/Anet party are usually 18+ or 21+ ? Sadly I'm only 20 and have so far had to give up on going to like 2 or 3 parties(LoL, AC3, ect) because they're 21+, So i really wanna know if i should just give up hope of going to those ones too. TY in advance for anyone that might know and be able to either lift or crush my dreams

sanovah on
    Found this on another PAX Prime 2012 parties list:
    Zombie Studios Presents Special Forces: Team X PAX Prime Party
    Come to The Crocodile and meet with Zombie Studios and see our new game Special Forces: Team X!

21+ Over. Music. Swag. Be the first to see the game!

DJ set from Daemon Hatfield
    http://soundcloud.com/monster-0

Be prepared for a crazy night!
    Cost?: A PAX badge will get you in the door for free. First come, first serve, but keep in mind that this event is 21+.

This discussion has been closed.