As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kinect party game suggestions (with alcohol)

Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Games and Technology
I'm going away with three friends for a few nights soon to Centre Parcs (an outdoor holiday resort type thing, for you American types) where we're hoping to relax, ride bikes, swim, climb and drink a large, large volume of alcohol. I thought it'd be fun to take my (spare) 360 with me and plug in the Kinect but I don't really have much in the way of games for it. I've got Kinect Sports (the first one) and Kinect Adventures.

Any suggestions for games that are fun after a few drinks? I'm probably going to be renting them so don't worry if they have little replay value. I was looking at the Twister game, which looks simple but like it could be fun.

And please don't let this turn in to a thread about how rubbish Kinect is, I'm not the biggest fan myself but it usually works well for parties and I've got my money's worth out of it.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
PSN: SirGrinchX
Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
Mr_Grinch on

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    The dance games and kinect sports held a lot of people's interest at our new years party.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Kung Fu Kinect is one of the greatest drinking games ever.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Double Fine Happy Action Theatre? That would seem to be pretty ideal for drunken titting about.

edit: oh wait, renting. Cross that off the list, then!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    I'm not adverse to splashing some cash, I've been debating picking up that double fine game anyway, the demo was great fun..

Also Kung Fu Kinect you say? I'll check that out.

Thanks up to now, any more very much welcome!

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Fun Labs should be a free download and has some stuff in that might suit.. I could see Yoostar 2 being good fun while drunk, too.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I don't know if they're the best Kinect games, per se, but the most commonly played drunken Kinect games are "Roundhouse the TV" and "Elbow Your Friend in the Jaw". :P

That being said, Dance Central and booze were made for each other.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I have never heard of most of these games. This is good stuff.

However I've heard of Skull's games, they're remarkably similar to some I've played on the Wii. I got knocked unconscious (genuinally, out cold) by someone playing Raving Rabids and doing the "lasso above the head" mini game. They got a fair speed up and I got in the way.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Not sure how much of a party game it could be, but the Gunstringer is absolutely hilarious and needs to be experienced at least once.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I have never heard of most of these games. This is good stuff.

However I've heard of Skull's games, they're remarkably similar to some I've played on the Wii. I got knocked unconscious (genuinally, out cold) by someone playing Raving Rabids and doing the "lasso above the head" mini game. They got a fair speed up and I got in the way.

I mean... it sucks that you got knocked out, but that is goddamn hilarious.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    See, things like this?

That's why we light the @Jordyn symbol. And may God have mercy on your liver.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    fruit ninja is amazing, and they have child of eden which is two player.

• Options
    Picked up most of these games, any other suggestions? :)

• Options
    lequericalequerica Registered User new member
    Child of Eden is amazing too!

• Options
    I think you're a bit late to the party.