As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Now look what you guys have done.

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited August 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
Received this in our inbox:

Ladies and Gentlemen:
I act on behalf of Mr. Folkert Knieper, Schlachte 12/13, 28195 Bremen, Germany (the “Owner”), who is responsible for the website located at http://www.marions-kochbuch.de. You find his address data at http://www.marions-kochbuch.de/impressum.htm.

1. The Owner is the exclusive owner of the copyrights to respective photographs that are made available to the public without his - the Owner’s – authorization at

http://solvo-civitas-iunctus.com/freshbratwurst.jpg
on: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/161977/mr-rogers-neighborchat/p77

2. Please immediately remove the infringing material from the website and also from your server (see file ending with jpg, gif etc.).

3. I have a good faith belief that the use of the infringing material is not authorized by the Owner, its agents or the law. I assure you that the information in this Notice of Copyright Infringement is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that I am authorized to act on behalf of the Owner.

Should you require any further information regarding this matter, please contact me:

So, like... uh... remove the sausage? Or something? I don't know. You guys can figure it out.

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Threads should be more than just "Quote....Discuss!"

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Amazing.

Also of note - this is why you don't hotlink.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Also, @Robert Khoo

If this is meant for more than just the lulz, do note that because the chat thread is locked only mods can do anything about it.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Dear German guy to whom it may concern,

Blow it out your ass.

Regards,

PA Forums

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    ZE GERMANS.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    @Robert Khoo

do they make a reference to the copyright number or anything that would enable a proper search of, say http://www.copyright.gov/records/

or

http://www.bmj.de/EN/Home/home_node.html;jsessionid=43F4F0C1A0C08776F28CA332BC6B639F.1_cid102

tyrannus on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Look, guys, you are infringing on my rights

As a sausage photographer

I worked a long time on taking the best sausage image that I could

And now you are passing it off as your own sausage

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I use hyper desktop and imgur things so I don't force traffic anywhere it doesn't need to go, especially material where the origin site doesn't deserve the traffic.

This is mildly funny.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Kochbuch. Giant sausage.

I can land this. Gimme a minute.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    citaliansausage.jpg
    41213-SaucisseToulouse.jpg
    0428_sausage.jpg

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Damnit Winky, now I want to eat a sausage

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Sorry Dad

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Amazing.

Also of note - this is why you don't hotlink.
    Validation!

Suck it, @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot! Old man gets it right!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I mean getting annoyed over a sausage picture linked over a month ago is strange. But as Synd says only mods can get to it now. I with Tyrannus though, did they give any copyright numbers? Or any other information?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Look, we can win this case

I am actually the first man to ever produce a jpeg of a sausage

I patented all jpegs of sausages

It is time to start demanding royalties

• Options
    Herr German;

x1EpN.gif

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Look, we can win this case

I am actually the first man to ever produce a jpeg of a sausage

I patented all jpegs of sausages

It is time to start demanding royalties

I heard @Surrealitycheck invented the sausage.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Here's what it looks like happened:

Some insane religious group stole a German photographer's picture of a bratwurst for their website. Said photographer, in order to assert his copyright, hired a lawyer to shoot off a C&D to the website, and anyone using the image from that website.

I don't really see any reason to look up his copyright. Who cares? It's a sausage image from a month-old chat thread post. Though, it's hilarious that it provoked a C&D.

• Options
    Bowen
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    A reminder:

Maximum inline image size is 500kb. I understand that sometimes a gif is really hilarious, but please be considerate of the needs of your fellow forumers who are browsing from mobiles or shitty connections and link it.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Herr Robert Khoo,

Bitte, stoppen mit der Schnitzel stehlen!!!!

• Options
    Bowen
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    A reminder:

Maximum inline image size is 500kb. I understand that sometimes a gif is really hilarious, but please be considerate of the needs of your fellow forumers who are browsing from mobiles or shitty connections and link it.

I apologize, thought it was smaller.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    Bowen
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    A reminder:

I apologize, thought it was smaller.

It was an appropriate response, yes.

There must be a smaller version somewhere.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Who wants a banger in the mouth?

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    My bangers
    my bangers and mash

• Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Look, guys, you are infringing on my rights

As a sausage photographer

I worked a long time on taking the best sausage image that I could

And now you are passing it off as your own sausage

Anyone who enjoys sausage photography should not watch it being made.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Rehosting it is just circumenting your FLAGRANT abuse of copyrighted bratwurst images

fie, for shame, forums

from now on, I am going to e-mail the creators of all images that I link and ask for permission.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Cq3ci.jpg

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    2. Please immediately remove the infringing material from the website and also from your server (see file ending with jpg, gif etc.).

What infringing material? It's a hotlinked image.

• Options
    2957fnt.jpg

• Options
    I enjoy this syndalis, I enjoy this.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    what a sauasagefest

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Does the lawyer-creature think PA owns the server that hosts the image or something?

• Options
    Man I really want to stick some sausages in my mouth.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

Some insane religious group stole a German photographer's picture of a bratwurst for their website. Said photographer, in order to assert his copyright, hired a lawyer to shoot off a C&D to the website, and anyone using the image from that website.

I don't really see any reason to look up his copyright. Who cares? It's a sausage image from a month-old chat thread post. Though, it's hilarious that it provoked a C&D.

I very much doubt that a german website will have registered their copyright in the US.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Apparently I am a terrible person. Should I turn myself in to the Secret Sausage Police now?

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

You are missing the most important question. Why did the religious site need a sausage?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    Just for kicks I looked at the site that ACTUALLY is hosting that picture. pretty humorous. I don't know how sausage will help me "survive a nuclear/chemical attack", but I'm excited to find out how!

banner_160x60_01.gif