As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rip in a fake leather loveseat

BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Moving out the other day, my loveseat got a fairly large tear in it, due to not really fitting through the door/hallway leading into my old apartment.

So, options for fixing it. Sewing the rip back togther? Sewing a patch over the tear? Any kind of iron on patches that someone could point out to me? Or just getting a cover? If I'm going with a cover, how well do they generally fit/what measurements do I need to take?

Note: I'd be doing any sewing with a needle and thread by hand so it'd probably be pretty sloppy.

Thanks!

Burtletoy on

• Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Duct tape till you can find a proper patch.

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    How big a rip? Faux leather is usually some kind of vinyl and they have patch kits that's usually a bit of vinyl and a tube of adhesive. I've repaired punctures in vinyl, but the patches have always been pretty small (silver dollar size to maybe a 3" x3" square). Not sure how hard it's going to be to find your color/texture. Amazon turned up some results specific to furniture.