As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BlazBlue III: Chronophantasma] Thread. Extend For PS4/XB1/PS3/Vita This Summer.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm thinking that Mu/Lambda are gone but Saya will probably replace them.

If she appears in this game as playable I don't know yet.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm thinking that Mu/Lambda are gone but Saya will probably replace them.

If she appears in this game as playable I don't know yet.

Did one of the later games resolve the part of CS's ending that looked like the return of Nu then?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Nope. That's still TBC.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    no mu...

(yet)

this is arcsys, dogg, you think there won't be dlc?
    god yes i want to pay to use my main from the previous game

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    No more zonebots? You don't saaaaaay. :D

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Got to watch the trailer last night and saw Amane hitting from a mile away with his sash. The lack of the mechanical dancing band might end up being ok, I'll reserve judgement until we get some more videos.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm kinda expecting we'll end up getting Nu in a console release, possibly DLC. We'll see.

Either way, was out playing some fighting games last night and noticed that someone put Extend on one of the setups, and immediately got pretty hype. Can't wait for this.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Yeah. From what I've seen while it doesn't make much of a splash as FGC tourneys BB is still popular at anime conventions and the like.

Last one I went to you had like a 20 man crowd surrounding it the entire day. That along with the fact that I hadn't played Extend at all meant I didn't play but it was nice to see. Played Rock Band all day instead.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    The only correct implementation of Kokonoe as a playable character would be with a version of Tager where she controls him from on top of his shoulders, kind of like Master Blaster from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Bonus points if she makes some kind of control booth with levers and buttons.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    The only correct implementation of Kokonoe as a playable character would be with a version of Tager where she controls him from on top of his shoulders, kind of like Master Blaster from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Bonus points if she makes some kind of control booth with levers and buttons.
    I am interested in your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Nope. That's still TBC.

That almost leans towards Nu being in. I suppose Noel could always go berserk when Nu shows up or something and subconsciously activate the Murakumo unit (I mean, it was basically intact at the end of CS)

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Looks phenomenal. Hype off the charts.

DARK TSUBAKI! :D

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I have to say I really love how Overdrive is basically a way of implementating the character's Unlimited modes without breaking the game.

Going to be so much fun.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Nope. That's still TBC.

That almost leans towards Nu being in. I suppose Nu could always go berserk when she finds out Noel is trying to steal her man.

Fixed.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

She is a powerful Magus you know... with cat-like reflexes.

Anyways, more info ~

---

Hazama (at the end if the trailer): "It's the start of the banquet! Now, struggle! Suffer! Kill each other! Do more of your clumsy dancing for me! Through that miserable song, you can open the Nemesis Horizon!"

New Character Select Screen

g0iMK.jpg

Also, information form the Lokest
    DL wrote:
    I just came back from the loketest, and here is my impressions of it. I am not a top player, I am not particulary confortable with most characters and I just watched because you had to wait over an hour to play. So, I warn you that my impressions might be wrong. Beware of Wall of Text.

System
    Overdrive: Lasts about 5 seconds on full health, last about 15 seconds with almost no health.
    Corner bounce: Instead of bouncing off the wall, they instead seem to be stuck to the wall for a little while and then fall straight to the ground. Seemed like it was harder to combo because of this.
    Menu: Menu is completely redesigned. Characters are positioned like asfaik they are in GG. When you select colour, you get to see in-game sprite instead of just rough colour selection.
    Design: Heat Guage is light blue 1~24, green 25~49, red 50~99 and yellow at 100. Rapid cancel looks like a red Faultless Defence.

Overdrives
    Ragna: Blood Kain with no health loss. I think Devour by Darkness does double damage.
    Hakumen: Unbelievably fast magatama gain. I think it would neutralize Mugen drain.
    Tsubaki: Some Install gain, but compared to Hakumen very slow.

Characters
    Ragna:You don't need Blood Kain for Devour by Darkness, but it does "only" 2200 damage (but double damage in Blood Kain). He has a new overhead-like attack when he transforms his hand like Devour, and hits opponent from above. Maybe this is Blood Schythe on ground.

Jin: The ice on frozen opponents is MUCH smaller. New Sekkajin hits four times very quickly, but only for 664 by itself. Follow-ups for 25% with yukikaze animation. Musou Senshouzan fly much lower. New J214C is basically a air version of Fubuki, slashing downward. C version cannot be followed up, but D version can be. Air Hiyoku Getsumei shoots more diagonally downwards than you might think, probably only usable in combos.

Noel: New sexy look. Can transform her pistols into a shotgun that causes corner bounce. Did not see any A Optic Barrels. Flash Hider seems uncomboable. New air attack, she fires diagonally downward with her pistols, with so much hitstop it looks weird. Revolver Blasts chains to this. 2D is completely changed: It has much slower start-up but flies much longer. In fact, it will cross-over close opponents completely. Sometimes 6C>2D works.

Rachel: Can transform rods into homing cat bats with a propeller in their belly. Seems like they work like the pumpkin in that way that they only have hitboxes while affected by Silpheed.

Taokaka: Looked like she could do Hexa-Edge mid-air (or something alike, the attacked missed and didn't continue).

Litchi: Has a special move that moves her across more-than-half-screen and through opponent, which is also an attack at the end.

Arakune: Can call down a big spider, that hangs on a string and then goes back up. Can be done in front of him, on him or behind him. Also, it seems like he can spit some other type of cloud both on ground and in air.

Hakumen: Agito quickly kicks downwards. Can be used in the end of his new air combo, as the his old is dead. J2A no longer resets gravity meaning that Hakumen falls very quickly after it. Opponent floats higher when hit by it. JB > J2A > jc JB > J2A is possible, but whether JC hits after that seems unstable. J2A doesn't chain to itself even in corner. Tsubaki doesn't cause slide. Forward throw causes stagger. Shield animation for 6D is much later, makes it look weird. Seems like there is greater hitstop on zanshin guard.

Tsubaki: Dark Tsubaki is standard colour. Forward throw screen bounces. Seems to have a command throw that does about 960 damage and you can combo of. New super calls upon 8 blades to home in on opponent, but is not guaranteed to come out. If all 8 blades hit it is slightly less than 1600 damage. If all blades are blocked it gives long hitstun as they hit one after one other.

Hazama: Did not see any Hirentotsu-loops. Possibly 2C floats higher. Chains have new metallic sound effect.

Makoto: New move seems to bring her forward, like Hell's Fang.

Relius: Pulls a lever and projectile appears from the floor, at different places. Kinda like a Optic Barrel with less height.

Amane: Seems to be the most popular of the new charater. Has many attacks with minimum range, so (s)he probably replaces Lambda as the spacer character. Drill gauge seem to increase every time a drill attack is used, even if it misses. On level 3, the special that causes a drill to come out of the ground hits about 30 times and deals over 2000 damage. One super moves her forward and through opponent while attacking. The other is like Spike Chaser but with drills. Seems to be able to charge her drill as well, similar to Tsubaki charging Install.

Bullet: I could not stop thinking of Bang and Makoto when watching this character, at least if you think of the design. She can charge up to three levels of Heat Up. Her Heat Up dissappears when she presumably uses a drive attack/special. Has an super that brings opponent to corner, the follow-up then returns the middle of the level.

Azrael: Charges a red arua. Charging it seems to be an attack as well. Gets markers on opponent, either on the upper body or lower body or both. The marker is either white or gold. Not sure how this system works, but I think it changes the look of his super.
    Makoto wrote:
    Loketest Updates:
    New!
    Cosmic Ray: A short Mappa that covers some distance. It doesn't give a knockdown on hit, but on CH it blows the opponent away and can wallstick on corner.
    Lander Blow: A fast startup body blow. Has slight disadvantage on block; staggers on CH.
    Buffs:
    +5D untechable time increased; you can follow up 5D(3) with 2C again even after 2A.
    +236D (Shooting Star) level 3 wallsticks. 2C > 236D > 6A > 2D (3) > j.B > j.D (3) works.
    Nerfs:
    -214A~C~B startup increased; can't follow-up on a crouching opponent from Lunatic Upper (214A~C).
    -2D(3)'s vector was changed so that 2C no longer links from 2D(3). 5B and 5CC are still ok.
    -Similar vector change for PF. Doesn't feel like you can follow up with 2D(3) after two hits.
    -3C untechable time decreased; can't follow up with 2D(3) any longer.
    -Can't follow up back throw with 2B any longer.
    Neutral:
    Parry hit (not to be confused w/ Space Counter) staggers backwards.
    Noel wrote:
    - j.D's inertia has been removed (note from GAF: I guess this means that doing dashing jump j.D moves Noel a lot further)
    - 2D's trajectory is weird. It moves about two characters' worth of spacing. 2D no longer crosses up.
    - 6B -> 6C gatling has been removed.
    - Dash 6C doesn't come out?
    - Corner grab -> B silencer -> Dash Cancel -> 6A bluebeats, Dash Cancel 6C doesn't come out.
    - 4D floats on hit.
    - A Optic has been removed (note from GAF: ? Not sure on this.)
    - New technique Chamber Shot wallbounces.
    - Revolver Blast has acquired a followup.
    Rachel wrote:
    - 6B can be jump cancelled.
    - 4B is only special cancellable.
    - The 22x moves don't have a clear use. Princess (nickname for Rachel)'s umbrella whirls and whirls around and is cute.
    - Frog can be placed after 5CC but it seems that electricity doesn't activate. After placing George, 5B pickup hits them in the air (note from GAF: I'm not sure on the translation for this particular sentence at all).
    - 6A doesn't float on hit, if you hit the opponent on the ground he will stay grounded.
    - This is something about air A lobelia but I have no clue what he's saying.
    - It feels like the trajectory after hitting is slightly different.
    - Wow, I have no idea what the hell this sentence is going on about. My best guess is that it after j.B jump cancel, the opponent does not get 'bounded' if he's too high.
    - Overdrive feels like wind will recover after a fixed period as though Rachel were grounded. Looking forward to future research. (note from GAF: I guess this means Rachel can recover wind in OD while in the air.)

Others:

Teching is now done by holding the button instead of tapping. No accidental attacks and getting countered now.

A+B Guard Crush moves.

Hearing that Tager has a midair air grab Tager Buster now and can shoot Spark Bolt diagonally. REAL SOVIET DAMAGE IS BACK BITCHES!~

zLPGh.jpg

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Oh finally. Blood Kain was garbage until now. I wouldn't feel bad if they threw in Sol Badguy's headache afterward due to the buff.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    I like how the most effeminate man is the one who gets Spiral for a Drive. (Leeron approves!)

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Raw Raw Fight The Power~

---

As an aside, I wonder if we'll get the English Vocal versions of theme songs from the live LA concert in the actual game. They would be sweet unlockables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cYPm0msyCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj4eDZcbUPg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aoWH8bEUqU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugnY0Mtoc2g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdj2WS_TLRc

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Amane looks like (s)he could replace Jin as my #2.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Amane: Seems to be the most popular of the new charater. Has many attacks with minimum range, so (s)he probably replaces Lambda as the spacer character. Drill gauge seem to increase every time a drill attack is used, even if it misses. On level 3, the special that causes a drill to come out of the ground hits about 30 times and deals over 2000 damage. One super moves her forward and through opponent while attacking. The other is like Spike Chaser but with drills. Seems to be able to charge her drill as well, similar to Tsubaki charging Install.

Do the impossible, see the invisible, row row fight the power!

A zoning guy that has fuckawesome drills? I'm pretty ok with this.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Amane needs to be voiced by Steve Blum.

• Options
    Amane needs to be voiced by Steve Blum.

Oh god yes.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    zLPGh.jpg

This picture bears repeating. It is made of all kinds of badass and awesome.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I wonder if Mike Z is coming back to the game for the sequel so Tager can main him.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So I have a terrible memory.

But does Noel have motherfucking Mu green eye's for this? Where her eye's always green? I am probably remembering wrong but that's what it's looking like.

Look, all I want is for her Astral to be dropping the Murakomo unit and her raping someone as Mu for her instantkill. That is literally all I want from this game and I will buy ten copies.

• Options
    Noel always had green eyes.
    She probably still goes into Mu form somewhere in the story.

• Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Considering the series loves alternated universes and time travel, I'm sure they'll be able to work Lambda and Mu in somehow (hopefully not as DLC...)

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    Rambada? No. I doubt it.
    But Nu's still 'alive' and her crest is in that trailer.

• Options
    So uh, any theories on who Azrael and Bullet are? Everyone seems positive Amane is Tenjou's son.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Okay, "Lambda" reborn as Nu...through time-travel...magic...thing...emerging fully grown from Ragna's new arm!!

...or...just rev up "Kappa-10", I guess..

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    Shenl742 wrote: »
    Okay, "Lambda" reborn as Nu...through time-travel...magic...thing...emerging fully grown from Ragna's new arm!!

...or...just rev up "Kappa-10", I guess..

Nah, there's a scene at the end of Continuum Shift that strongly implies Nu is reborn from the Cauldron. Or something like that.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    "Hearing that Tager has a midair air grab Tager Buster now"

FUCKING FINALLY

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I personally hate this news.

Now I won't get free jump ins against Tager all day, erry day.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    as a mu player who doesn't need to jump at tager

oh wait my character is gone

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    as a mu player who doesn't need to jump at tager

oh wait my character is gone

Don't remind me.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    zyl6V.jpg

Posting more info from other forms...

Screens/Character Art: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/aug/08/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-artwork-screen-shots-developers-note-focus-and-gameplay-additions/

"The home conversion will have a lot of effort placed into its network mode. Mori teased that if they're able to realize all their goals in this area, they'll end up with something amazing."

Amane Info (from SoWL@dustloop)
    Another write-up, this time for Amane:
    http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi...1344171182/120

5A – a punch that hits a bit higher than the others
    6A – an anti-air move
    2A – a run-of-the-mill sitting punch
    5B – a long-reach move that is good for hitting midair opponents. Builds some nice meter.
    6B – an overhead. If the enemy guards it, Amane may fly over them by accident.
    2B – a low-hitting attack with good reach.
    The C moves are similar to Axl’s chain attacks. The angle changes depending on the directional button pressed, similar to Hazama’s Drive.

Can’t remember any other jumping attacks other than that jC is similar to Hazama’s Drive.

Drive: Spiral
    There are 3 levels of the Drill gauge. It increases when you use D moves and decreases over time. The gauge improves the damage of the drill and makes it last longer. At level 3, the drill deals many hits and lasts for about 300 frames (5 seconds).
    If you charge the Drill for too long, you can’t use it for a while. His 2D and jD are good anti-airs, but you shouldn’t spam them if you want to use the drill.

5D – attacks forward with a cloth drill on an arm.
    2D – thrusts with the drill upward. Probably an anti-air.
    6D – a long-lasting attack is performed at a small distance.
    jD – a cloth drill on a leg strikes downwards. It seems like you can change the angle of this attack, too.

236D - Ninpusen "Hariken"
    By itself, this move simply charges the Drill gauge. If you press A, B or C, Amane summons a drill. The A version summons it right before Amane, the B version summons it a bit farther, and the C version summons it even farther. Pressing D cancels the stance.

623C - Juukendageki "Gekiren"
    Summons a cloth punch from underground. The exact distance is not specified.

236C - Chuujuurengeki "Raibu"
    A charging attack.

214A/B / 236A/B - Chuujinkaihi "Zettou"
    A teleport move. Since it can leave Amane hanging in midair, it’s easy to misuse it.

632146C - Kyouryuutokkou "Seijuurensoukyaku"
    A charging DD. Lacks invul frames.

632146D - Kaizokusenkou "Goukairasenrenpa"
    This is the trailer DD: Amane summons many drills that follow the enemy. The strength depends on the Drill gauge. Doesn’t have any invul frames, either.

EDIT: Another batch of Amane info:
    http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi...1344171182/131

Drill gauge builds up even if you whiff D moves. Probably even with the D super, though they're not sure about that.
    6A is the only jump cancel he has.

j2B - Amane loses momentum and falls down with a three-hit drill strike.
    j4C - Amane strikes with the scarf diagonally downwards. Not sure whether it can be JC'd.
    5C, 2C - two hits with the scarf at a five-character length. Pulls the target in for about one character and staggers for a bit. It doesn't last long enough to run up to them and follow with a combo; maybe with the C super?
    6D - The drill is dropped from above about three characters away. NOT an overhead.

236A/B jumps in front of the opponent, while 214A/B jumps behind them. Obviously used for cross-ups, though you can only follow it up with aerial moves. Doing j2B is the most popular option.

Since 5A-5B-5C doesn't chain together, the usual combo for him as of now is 5A-5B-2B-3C/5A-5B/2B-236C. (5A-5B-2B-236C pushes them too far away, so 236C doesn't connect.)

Level 1 Drill into 5A-5B-C super deals about 1500 damage, while Level 3 Drill into the same combo deals about 2500 damage.

And while we're at it, let's translate some Azu-nyan info, since he's the only one without any:
    http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi.../1344171130/58

5D applies the red upper mark, which corresponds with the Valiant Charger move.
    If you hit it with Valiant Charger, they are carried far away with the wall-bound state.

2D applied the yellow lower mark, which corresponds with the Hornet Chaser move.
    If you hit it with Hornet Chaser, the opponent is blown away, open for a combo. Similar to P4U's All-Out Attack.

236D and 214D seem to apply the marks even through guard.

The rest is a bit too disjointed, so I'll leave it until a bigger post appears.

Bullet Info (from SoWL@dustloop)
    A friend of mine pointed out this great Bullet write-up, so I couldn't walk away without translating it:
    http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi...1344171071/142

5A, 2A – the usual jabs
    6A – an overhead, similar to Bang’s 5C
    2B – the usual low-hitting kick
    5B – a kick, similar to P4U Naoto’s 5B
    6B – a kick upwards
    5C – a fiery strike forward, may be FC
    2C – a long-reaching kick, probably hits low
    6C – an ankle strike
    3C – a kick after a short delay, hits low

jA – the usual punch
    jB – a kick, similar to Hazama’s jB
    jC – a strike with both legs, floor-bounces on counter-hit

Drive: Lock-On
    Generates a ring around Bullet.
    The ring follows the enemy and hits them when they get into it.
    If it hits the enemy, Bullet enters the Heat-Up state. It makes the ring bigger and changes some of the moves’ properties.
    There seems to be 2 or 3 levels of Heat-Up.

5D – hits mid, but the start-up is very fast
    2D – hits low
    6D – an overhead
    jD – a dive kick, Bullet falls to the ground along with the enemy

Wadcut Engage
    A follow-up for the D attacks, blows the enemy away with fire. If it hits, it raises the Heat-Up level. Wall-bounces on counter-hit.

236A – Flint Shooter
    Spinning fireball shot. It charges for a moment, and then explodes.

623B – Cutting Shear
    A command grab. Seems to have some start-up invul.

41236B - Miquelet Capture
    A running grab. Covers about half a screen.

(j)623C – Snap Hans Fist
    Bullet makes a low jump and grabs the enemy in midair.

214D – Afterburner
    Bullet wraps herself in flames and gains the Heat-Up state.

2363214C – Rage Aggressor
    May lack invul frames, since it got interrupted with a jab. Probably can’t follow it up with a combo?

Her regular throws can’t be combo’ed from, but you can follow it up with 5B in the Heat-Up state.

Alas, no info on the seven-spin super yet.

Better shot of character-select screen.
    Si1RP.jpg

There's two OBVIOUS placeholders for two more characters.
    Whelp. Guess what two fight styles haven't shown up in the trailer yet?

And the menu's on the left/right will be different on the console version so they'll have space for their console-only boss and/or DLC characters. :P

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I seriously doubt that they fully removed mu and nu. I mean, if they really did what a terrible decision. I know so many people with one or the other as their mains. I think they just wouldn't bother with the game at all if they were scrapped.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    yo i fucking HOPE there's a character named "Kappa" in this game

the stream monsters would have a goddamn heart attack and laugh themselves to death

• Options
    okay if there are two placeholders, mu and nu are in probably

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    okay if there are two placeholders, mu and nu are in probably

Their fighting styles with 99% certainty. Maybe not the characters themselves. Saya could have one of their fight styles after all. Or there could be Kappa or another letter. Who knows.

But yeah, probably Nu and Mu or or someone with Mu's style.