As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fun Wrestling Games?

Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Games and Technology
So I have a hankering to play me a wrestling game. I don't follow it at all anymore, nor do I care to play through an elaborate story line with people I don't know. I just want to beat people up, maybe have some prebuilt classic wrestlers from my youth in the 80s, and be able to build a whole slew of ridiculous characters - oh and I'd prefer it be cheap.

I have owned WWE All Stars and loved the game play, but I found it got too easy too quickly and the creation area was somewhat limited so when I switched from a 360 to a PS3 I never bothered to rebuy it. I was thinking about picking up either WWE 2010 or 2011 or that Luchadore game since they've all dropped to sub-$15ish. I have read a few of the WWE games allow you to download other people's creations - is that the case and are the servers still active for such things? Would any of them suit my needs?

Lindsay Lohan on

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    The best wrestling game ever was on the n64. Wrestlemania2000(or maybe WWF2000?). We used to have big drunken tournaments that everyone got in on whether or not they liked wrestling. Good times, good times.

I don't suppose that helps unless you have an n64 sitting around somewhere, but it's the truth.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I don't have one handy - but I completely agree. The new ones try too hard to recreate the soap opera and not enough to just make a fun game. I think I'm going to take the risk on the Lucha Libre one just to have something completely wacky and different.

Maybe if All Stars drops to sub-$20 I'll grab it again, but for now I read a few reviews and think a slightly flawed game with masked wrestlers and the option for Spanish commentary sounds like a good weekend of fun.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    No Mercy is everything WM 2000 is but more. It is pretty much objectively better.

But again...N64.

I personally think the modern WWE series is fun but not everyone loves the gameplay. I think it's fine and there's tons of modes and tons of creation stuff.

I've not heard good things about the Lucha game.

The Day of Reckoning games on Gamecube were pretty good.

Also Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on the PS2.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed the Def Jam games on oXbox. Admittedly only the first one is wrestling.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game is fun. Not sure what it's going for, though, and it's more fighter-like than the wrestling games we know today.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SandarkenSandarken EnglandRegistered User regular
    If you have a Mega/Sega CD, "WWF: Rage in the Cage" was insane fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akuwMbT0h7c&feature=related

Videogamephibian - Currently playing: Pretty much everything