As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mortal Kombat - IT HAS BEGUN!

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I got this dumb game for PS4 because the PC version is such a dumpster fire.

Add me on PSN: GeneiDjinn

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    I got this dumb game for PS4 because the PC version is such a dumpster fire.

Add me on PSN: GeneiDjinn

Did you buy a PS4 just for this, or did you already have one?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    I've had a PS4 since launch

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    xrays might be one of the most frustrating things in this game. especially online where you know wake-up xray is going to happen every time but you cant stop it because of lag

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Crap I think they fixed the costume glitch. I snoozed and losed.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »

I hope not. I really don't want to have to go through the stupid challenge stuff to get MK2 Mileena

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    dragonsama wrote: »

I hope not. I really don't want to have to go through the stupid challenge stuff to get MK2 Mileena

I actually updated my game and logged on today to try and get it and I checked out some #1 players and that Senpai guy somebody mentioned but I didn't get any costumes, so I'm pretty sure they patched it. Unless I was doing it totally wrong. Clicked on em to view like their playercard/fight history stuff, and also pressed L1 (ps4) to check out their PSN profile. Neither of em popped up with items unlocked notifications afterward.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    dragonsama wrote: »

I actually updated my game and logged on today to try and get it and I checked out some #1 players and that Senpai guy somebody mentioned but I didn't get any costumes, so I'm pretty sure they patched it. Unless I was doing it totally wrong. Clicked on em to view like their playercard/fight history stuff, and also pressed L1 (ps4) to check out their PSN profile. Neither of em popped up with items unlocked notifications afterward.

Keep trying, it could be patched but I'm really thinking it's a feature. I know u didn't get mime cage unail after shutting the game down, and I'm pretty sure I got Klassic Kitana from HJays profile, but it took viewing it a few times before it pops.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    MK2 Mileena is the only one I don't have now. Is it even available?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Something about the ladders to unlock her aren't up yet on mobile

• Options
    while xrays can exceedingly frustrating, it is also unbelieveably entertaining when you lose to someone in ranked who is just spamming nonsense like teleports in a really laggy environment, you run back the ranked queue get the same person and the just steamroll them. even better when they shit talked as soon as the the first match ended just scream"EASYEASYEASYEASYEASY" over and over.

• Options
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. High damage and standing resets.

And a teleport.

• Options
    yeah I could have ended that with a teleport for the standing reset but then it wouldn't have been 40% so

• Options
    is ther ean opportunity to block after whatever special move it is where scorpion spontaneously combusts? it is the 3rd attack in that chain. i thought i had seen someone streaming hellfire scorpion and maybe they were messing something up but it seemed like their opponent always ahd the opporunity to mess everything up at that point.

• Options
    flame aura to back punch is a 2 frame link so it's possible to drop it but in the video I did not and it is a true combo

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    New skins are coming.

Liu Kang, Sonya & Kano are getting MK1 skins. Kung Lao has a dirty sanchez skin. Liu Kang and Johnny Cage have Brazil themed skins that are great if you love Brazil or their soccer team I guess.

It'll be a shame if the rest of the MK1 cast doesn't get MK1 skins eventually, as they look pretty excellent.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    There's also a patch incoming with the following fixes / tweaks
    General Gameplay Fixes:
    Many movelist frame data corrections.
    Corrected many normal attacks that were intended to be 0 or negative on block were being overridden to be +2
    Hitting Front Punch + Back Punch + Front Kick at the same time at the special cancel window will no longer cause an enhanced move to come out
    Removed the ability to mash normal attacks while continuing to block after blocking an attack
    You can no longer cancel into an enhanced interaction during the first 10 frames of some block stuns.
    Versus Session Stats are now correctly award as wins/losses when you pause and exit to player select or restart match (Versus Session Stats can be turned on in Main Menu > Options > Game Play)
    Fixed several characters being able to attack on the first frame of a jump.
    Added unlock counter for Krypt.
    Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from joining an in-progress Ladder, KOTH, or Team Battle match from a chat lobby.
    Ping meter accuracy improvements.
    You can now choose to not play a Ranked Match if the connection is below the set threshold.
    Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match.
    Player Skill Rating algorithm improved.
    Fixed crash occurring when receiving online VS. Challenge while editing Kombat Kard.
    Fixed a crash that sometimes happened when skipping the last fight in the Klassic Tower
    Fixed an issue causing some offline replays to report “playback does not agree”.
    Added the ability to go full screen in the KOTH viewer by PS4 players who use devices that do not have a touchpad button

Character Specific Fixes:
    Cassie (Hollywood) - Assault Force combo can no longer be special canceled after the knockdown.
    Ermac (Spectral) – Special cancels done during Soul Accession now award the correct amount of meter.
    Goro – Brutal Kick now hits overhead.
    Jason – Temple Punch & Shoulder Push no longer auto-correct after it’s started moving.
    Jason (Unstoppable) – Some special moves were delaying resurrection from happening until the move was over.
    Jax – Can no longer get a free hit on opponents after his X-Ray.
    Johnny Cage – Adjusted some hitboxes to hit crouching opponents more consistently.
    Kitana – Can now perform her X-Ray attack while airborne.
    Kitana –No Longer airborne for the first frame after her X-Ray connects which could prevent her from blocking.
    Kitana – Gained a new attack on away +3 (Pretty Kick)
    Kitana (Mournful) – Glaive Throw no longer disables blocking removing a possible infinite combo.
    Kitana (Mournful) – Fixed a bug that causing the 2nd hit of Glaive Return to sometimes not come out.
    Kitana (Mournful) – Opponent can no longer by OTG’d after being hit by Staff Grab
    Kung Jin - Cartwheel Smash is now -3 on block (down from +4)
    Kung Jin (Bojutsu) – Several staff attacks were not combo damage scaling correctly
    Kung Lao (Tempest) – Cyclone now has 7 startup frames (up from 5)
    Kung Lao (Tempest) - Hat Spin & Orbiting Hat will now combo link correctly afterwards
    Kung Lao (Tempest) – Shortened the time it takes for his hat to return after Hat Spin & Orbiting Hat.
    Mileena - Tele-Kick can no longer be punished on hit and will combo when special canceled into Air Sai Blast or X-Ray.
    Mileena – Can now perform her X-Ray attack while airborne.
    Mileena – Improved tracking on X-Ray
    Quan Chi (Summoner) - Demon Spawn’s cooldown is no longer reset when a Bat attack hits the opponent.
    Quan Chi (Summoner) – Fixed some cases where the Demon Spawn wasn’t going away when Quan Chi got hit.
    Quan Chi (Summoner) – Fixed an issue causing Demon Spawn to sometimes instantly disappear after being summoned.
    Quan Chi (Warlock) – No longer has the Front Punch, Back Punch, Throw combo (Portal Slam).
    Quan Chi (Warlock) – Gained a new special move Portal Scoop (D, F, FP)
    Raiden - Shocker was causing combo damage scaling to be reset.
    Raiden (Thunder God) - adjusted some combo damage scaling
    Shinnok – Away + 3 (Shin Kick) is now towards + 4 and he has a new away + 3 (Devious Heel)
    Shinnok – Can now enhance Hell Sparks & Hell Blast on block.
    Shinnok (Impostor) – Now steals Dash Punch from Jax instead of Ground Pound.
    Shinnok (Necromancer) – Can now control the location of Judgment Smash & Judgment Fist.
    Sonya (Special Forces) – No longer gains meter for Park Drone and Remove Park.
    Sonya (Special Forces) - Park Drone and Remove Park no longer resets combo damage scaling
    Sub-Zero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone now always correctly goes away on block instead of sometimes leaving a Klone with no active hitbox.
    Sub-Zero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone cooldown is no longer instantly reset if it goes away on its own.
    Takeda – Slightly decreased the combo damage scaling on Fist Whirlwind & Whip Flurry.
    Takeda – Can now do his X-Ray with the Block + Front Kick + Back Kick shortcut on an arcade stick while jumping straight up.
    Takeda (Ronin) – When special cancelling into Blade Drop it will always fall the same distance regardless of Takeda’s facing.

And this fucking excellent klassic Reptile skin
    iv0gh0nsjl0p.jpg

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Sigh. I don't know what's up, but my ping locator is showing either 1 red bar or none for everyone, and I'm experiencing a second delay on everything. That pretty much makes the game unplayable because I can't react to anything.

I pay a decent amount of money for internet every month, and I've played with Walt with a decent connection. So I just don't know what's going on.

It's very discouraging. I can never get better this way. Every match is just guessing what they're going to do and hoping the combo I'm pounding out will connect. It's just dumb.

• Options
    Derrick wrote: »
    Sigh. I don't know what's up, but my ping locator is showing either 1 red bar or none for everyone, and I'm experiencing a second delay on everything. That pretty much makes the game unplayable because I can't react to anything.

I pay a decent amount of money for internet every month, and I've played with Walt with a decent connection. So I just don't know what's going on.

It's very discouraging. I can never get better this way. Every match is just guessing what they're going to do and hoping the combo I'm pounding out will connect. It's just dumb.

you're on PS4 correct? i know for my xbox 1 i did a hard rest and it corrected a bunch of problems. i guess it wasn't properly communicating with my router.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just picked up the premium PC version yesterday. Is there any fixes for the cross platform unlocks not working yet? Logged in on iOS and PC and only a couple of the things that were supposed to unlock did. From what I hear this has been an issue since launch, but I don't know if there are any workarounds or fixes in the pipeline yet.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options

you're on PS4 correct? i know for my xbox 1 i did a hard rest and it corrected a bunch of problems. i guess it wasn't properly communicating with my router.

PC. My other online games are still working great with very little ping.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular

PC. My other online games are still working great with very little ping.

PC is guaranteed to show potential opponents in rooms as having 0-1 bar, I've had a couple matches on PC with absolutely no lag and it showed as them having no bars at all so it's a complete crapshoot as a metric. I feel you on it seeming like a waste of time in terms of getting better, I can mash out 30-40% corner combos with sonya blade in training all day long but rarely get above 20% online with a half-to-full second of lag on inputs.

MKX is my first fighting game though, so even with the lag I just focus on spacing, blocks and specials to try and win matches and treat the rare no-drop combo as a reward if I manage to mash one out.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I think we've settled into a general concord that if you're running MKX on the PC you should probably wait a while (I'd say a few days, maybe up to a week) before you try running a patch on it.

Just to make sure High Voltage doesn't take the opportunity to delete your Koins, lock all your unlocks, remove the game from your Steam Library, reformat your hard drive, corrupt your optical disc drive's reading laser, explode your power supply, melt your motherboard, kick your dog and knock over the trash can in your kitchen and set your house on fire.
    Because, you know, High Voltage.
    The game is in figuring out which of the above is actually real!

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The God damn skin packs in this game are a nightmare, they disappear half the time and sometimes don't come back no matter how many times you reinstall them. Same with Jason. It's so annoying.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I had no idea there was a stage brutality featuring Blanche!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJimx41x0c4

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Haha, awesome!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Welp, now I know what I have to aim for.

Sidenote: Been messing around with Imposter Shinnok. He is pretty fun. And though it is probably old news, I realized you can perform the other character's brutalities with their stolen moves.

A fun surprise whenever I perform a brutality I didn't even knew existed.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Blanchality is fantastic. What are the requirements?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently there's more than one Blanchality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhZywgvBdE0

That one isn't as fun though.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So I am digging the klassic reptile, the other skins look too muddy. Its good to have a reptile recognizable as reptile.

• Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    I was worried I wouldn't like the new characters but they're all very fun to play with Takeda being my favorite.

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan of the personalities of Kung Jin and Takeda. I like Takeda's moveset and variations, though.

Cassie is great. I pretty much love everything about her. I'll probably like Jacqui as well. I just haven't gotten around to playing with her much.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'm not a big fan of the personalities of Kung Jin and Takeda. I like Takeda's moveset and variations, though.

Cassie is great. I pretty much love everything about her. I'll probably like Jacqui as well. I just haven't gotten around to playing with her much.

With Cassie its so weird to hear Ashley Burch not doing her Hey Ash or Tiny Tina voice. And frankly straight girl Ashley is growing on me. Its just weird for me to hear her in a non-comedy setting. Between this and life is strange I am growing to love her range as a voice actress because she seems to give the character that much more of a personality than most actors.

That and it helps that Cassie has like the most personality in her moves, Fatals, and animations. Feels like Netherrealm poured alot of love into making her the new face of the next generation of Mortal Kombat.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    So I am digging the klassic reptile, the other skins look too muddy. Its good to have a reptile recognizable as reptile.

i can agree with this. i am just not a fan of the other reptile skins. the helmet this he wears is kinda strange too.

That and it helps that Cassie has like the most personality in her moves, Fatals, and animations. Feels like Netherrealm poured alot of love into making her the new face of the next generation of Mortal Kombat.

i don't mind the new people, but i am picturing say MK12 (whenever that happens) without sub-zero/scorpion/reptile/etc. and i can't really see it. they are certainly fine in addition to the cast but i don't know if i can see them replacing everyone. that isn't to say they can't or won't do so, but i don't feel nearly as attached to any of the newcomers as any of the old guard.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Boon's pretty much stated there will never be a Mortal Kombat without Subby and Scorpy.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Boon's pretty much stated there will never be a Mortal Kombat without Subby and Scorpy.

Vanilla MK 3 was a dreadful mistake for all involved.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I did not like MK3, but its issue was not at all "there is no Scorpion"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'd genuinely say that "There are no ninjas" was one of its problems. It just didn't feel like an MK game without them, especially since barely any of the new characters really shared the series' aesthetic.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Sub-Zero was totally there!