As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Escape from LA and getting transport to Yosemite.

Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then?Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys I'm flying into Los angles on August 22nd at 945am and need to make it to Yosemite by the end of the day I am completely unaware of any bus transport service and would like your reccomendations.

Additionally, I'd like to get back also, the day I am checking out is the 28th but there are no hard times I need to meet.

Thanks guys.

Blake T on

• Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Car rental out of the question?

Was there last year and saw a number of buses visit the park, plus shuttles inside that ran to the major areas.

Simple google search came up with: http://jrabold.net/yosemite/transp.htm

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Whatever else you do I'd start with a connecting flight to Fresno.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Whatever else you do I'd start with a connecting flight to Fresno.

Yeah...flying to LAX for a trip to Yoesmite seems like a poor choice? At best you're looking at a 6.5 hour bus trip or car ride. Amtrak is apparently $57 for a 9.5 hour trip.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Sacramento or Fresno are much better choices.

• Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    My recommendation would be to book another flight to Mammoth Lakes, CA. I believe they can shuttle you into Mammoth Lakes proper where you can then catch a ride into Yosemite on the YARTS bus. Actually scheduling all that together might be fun. Alternatively fly into the Merced airport and take the same YARTS system into Yosemite. Good luck!

sierracrest.jpg