As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyrim: Now with realistic horse vaginas! Dragonborn DLC out 12/4.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    it's pretty easy to toggle with a two-hander on pc, as well

Step 1: Put preferred weapon on "favored" list
    Step 2: Hotkey weapon to 1
    Step 3: Press 1 to switch to weapon
    Step 4: Press 1 to unequip weapon- whatever spells you had in your hands last will still be there

or use the quick menu

which is shitty in vanilla but there's a mod that categorizes it

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Well, that's for a quick switch, Shorty. Without blurping into the menu.

Oh, and sorry @Dichotomy
    this is what happens when 'Mora has your soul

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    dragonborn ending
    it's basically incredible how thoroughly hermaeus mora wins

he
    - disposes of a pawn that had grown too bold
    - obtains secrets the skaal had long sought to keep from him
    and
    - recruits a new pawn of greater power than the one he lost

and even if you try to resist him, you're still under his thumb. what player is going to turn down the benefits offered by the black books? forbidden knowledge is often the most useful, after all
    and most players are going to end up using the boons and powers offered by mora's forbidden knowledge, to the point of employing daedric servants supplied by mora

I would not be surprised if in TESVI they did a thing like what they did with sheogorath in skyrim, where they have a character that is a miraak-like servant of hermaeus mora and it is suggested that it is the dragonborn of skyrim, corrupted and molded into an entity more to the daedric lord's liking

0BnD8l3.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    dragonborn ending spoiler
    I wonder if this is a new pattern for ES protagonists, getting written out of the world by getting fucked by fate and Oblivion. The Hero of Cyrodill gets his or her identity replaced by Sheogorath, the Dovahkiin eventfully gets locked up by Mora (maybe.) At least the Nerevarine got to fuck off to China to have more adventures.

august on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Well, considering
    How many different potential forces are claiming your soul.

Hircine if you're a werewoof
    Nocturne if you're a Nightingale
    Hermaus More after Dragonborn
    Sovngarde because you're the motherfucking Dragonborn
    Sithis if you're Dark Brotherhoodin'

There's going to be a goddamn war in the heavens at this rate.

Which is a thoroughly delightful concept.

Miss me? Find me on:

Dichotomy wrote: »
    dragonborn ending
    it's basically incredible how thoroughly hermaeus mora wins

he
    - disposes of a pawn that had grown too bold
    - obtains secrets the skaal had long sought to keep from him
    and
    - recruits a new pawn of greater power than the one he lost

and even if you try to resist him, you're still under his thumb. what player is going to turn down the benefits offered by the black books? forbidden knowledge is often the most useful, after all
    and most players are going to end up using the boons and powers offered by mora's forbidden knowledge, to the point of employing daedric servants supplied by mora

I would not be surprised if in TESVI they did a thing like what they did with sheogorath in skyrim, where they have a character that is a miraak-like servant of hermaeus mora and it is suggested that it is the dragonborn of skyrim, corrupted and molded into an entity more to the daedric lord's liking

If I was the dovahkiin I'd be all like
    We had a simple deal - the word of power for the Skaal. WE ARE DUNZO. Now get outta my face.

Also Dich I wrote that post after yours without having read that - just coincidentally we were having some of the same thoughts.

For all we know, the Nerevarine is chilling out with Azura

friends with benefits style

Miss me? Find me on:

my nerevarine simply jumped and never came back down

0BnD8l3.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    they were eaten by a grue

that's what caused the whole loss of the moons crisis, my nerevarine landed on them and with nothing else to do eventually slew the moons

then after a period of panicking and trying to figure out what to do next, resurrected them with the console

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    does
    Hermaeus Mora
    still have that delightful voice actor?

Yeah he still sounds like he's yawning all the time.

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    I was kinda surprised that he was voiced by the same dude who voiced all the guards and imperials in Oblivion.

James Brand 14 hours ago

ha how little you know about the modding community Bethesda has done bugger all for the community the only thing they have done is release the CK whoopty fucking do doo cabal's book of silence mod alone does retexture's of the vanilla armours that are so good it makes Bethesda's best look old hat at best the modding community brought out a well done house building mod well before Bethesda's cash grab Hearthfire DLC but alas your a mindless Bethdrone apologist
    · in reply to shadetheman117(Show the comment)

James Brand 15 hours ago

ha the modders have done more to make the game work than Bethesda ever did who fixed the flaws in the high res pack was it Bethesda ? no it was the modding community who did it first,Who fixed the shoddy broken main questline was it Bethesda ? no it was the modding community but then again your just a Bethdrone and a console kiddy so your opinion is of no significance so go back to your M$ box or PlonkerSlot3 while the true gamers like me get on with Fixing Bethesda's mess

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    this James Brand guy sounds like a wonder people person and an experienced texture artist and programmer.

I should hire him for my future projects.

Nigel Guven 1 day ago

Bethesda lied they sed we wud get spears not arrows wat a load of bull but it is bethesda wat do you expect

malek kh 23 hours ago

just ignore them we got used to bathesda's lies but hopefully in a while someone will make a mod that makes you throw these spears so it mught just be a matter of time buddy

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I don't know where you're finding this stuff, but it's like I'm reading LICD in the webcomics thread again.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited December 2012
    It's from here if you want to torture yourself

http://youtu.be/E-PCiA9bEeM

august on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm never trusting Bathesda again.

Bethesda, though. I'll give them another shot.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Yeah, first guys seem kind of a wash.

What are your feelings on Bathe$da?

Viperkid1990 1 day ago

they have shown with game jam they can put spears in the game and let you be werebears yet they intentionally dont allow you to do either with the biggest opportunity they have had to implement them they dont even need dlc to do it a simple patch would have done it or update its two very simple things cool things that people wanted and they intentionally dont give it to you its almost an insult i think its done to show they have control over their own product still arrogant

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

What are your feelings on Bathe$da?

That's so money.

Tamriellic cultureEdit

Mudcrabs are particularly known for their weakness and ugly appearance. While unremarkable in most provinces, the creature has gained a large fascination in Cyrodiil near the end of the Third Era. It's a very common pastime for Cyrodiillic people to express their dislike for the appearance of a Mudcrab to each other. Occasionally, when Cyrodillians are in battle, they throw the taunt, "I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!" at their opponent. This could be taken as a very serious insult, as mudcrabs are terrible fighters. It is not known if Cyrodiil retained this fascination in the year 4E 201, in which the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim take place.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Tamriellic cultureEdit

Mudcrabs are particularly known for their weakness and ugly appearance. While unremarkable in most provinces, the creature has gained a large fascination in Cyrodiil near the end of the Third Era. It's a very common pastime for Cyrodiillic people to express their dislike for the appearance of a Mudcrab to each other. Occasionally, when Cyrodillians are in battle, they throw the taunt, "I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than you!" at their opponent. This could be taken as a very serious insult, as mudcrabs are terrible fighters. It is not known if Cyrodiil retained this fascination in the year 4E 201, in which the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim take place.

I wanna be a crustaceanthropologist when I grow up.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Elendil wrote: »
    has anybody ever tried destruction magic/two-handed? does that end up being kind of annoying?

i kind of want to make a scary fire mage but i also want to use the
    bloodskal blade

Here is my bizarre problem with Skyrim: I get annoyed when my gear disappears into the ether when I equip something else. Like, it shouldn't bother me. It happens all the time in games. But it does. So my current character uses only daggers and spells, since she can easily hide daggers on her person.

So, I find destruction/2H to be really annoying, because my massive beat-stick just keeps disappearing.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    PlonkerSlot3

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Zay wrote: »
    PlonkerSlot3

yeah I was trying to figure this one out

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »
    PlonkerSlot3

yeah I was trying to figure this one out

I'm thinking it was supposed to be an insult against the PS3 by lumping it in with the quarter-slot-arcade-machine and it's relative accessibility.

Which is kinda bullshit considering some of the most challenging games ever made have been arcade games.

arcade games are fucking hellish

plonker? I 'ardly know 'er!

0BnD8l3.gif
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I wrote all of those

I have something of a ritual

I never go into a game explicitly telling myself which side of the civil war my character will join
    "we'll see," I say to myself, and leave it at that

but inevitably
    I go to windhelm
    and speak to the dunmer and argonians there
    and my heart is seized by a terrible rage and I swear bloody vengeance upon ulfric stormcloak and his cowardly minions

every time

0BnD8l3.gif
  • 101101 Registered User regular

Viperkid1990 1 day ago

they have shown with game jam they can put spears in the game and let you be werebears yet they intentionally dont allow you to do either with the biggest opportunity they have had to implement them they dont even need dlc to do it a simple patch would have done it or update its two very simple things cool things that people wanted and they intentionally dont give it to you its almost an insult i think its done to show they have control over their own product still arrogant

Holy run on sentence batman!

Also is dragonborn worth picking up?

• MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    My character loathes the stormcloaks....but he's also pretty pissed that the empire couldn't manage to avoid going to war against half of Skyrim. So my character ignores the war entirely. But anytime the Dragonborn happens to pass by a Stormcloak camp, a short time later all the soldiers of said camp are found mauled to pieces with a gaping wound in their chests where their hearts once had been.

Also, travelers across Skyrim can't travel anywhere without stumbling across the naked bodies of the Thalmor strewn across the landscape. It's just my way of reminding the Empire and the Stormcloaks who they should really hate.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    word round the campfire is yes

dragonborn is an Expansion, even if that term isn't used for it
    hell I would only hesitate briefly in saying I am pretty sure it has more raw content in it than bloodmoon or tribunal ever did

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Wouldn't be hard for Tribunal, which was all the main quest and maybe like 10 side ones.

This discussion has been closed.