As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyrim: Now with realistic horse vaginas! Dragonborn DLC out 12/4.

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Dux wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    the fundamental religious difference between humans and elves is that humans see the mortal world as a good thing while elves see it as a trap

in this respect, the Redguards agree with the elves

I wonder if the Yokudans intentionally tried to knock down their tower but accidentally ended up sinking the whole continent

I wonder if there's gonna be a game that's gonna deal with the adamantine tower.

Well

Daggerfall KINDA dealt with it, in that Direnni Tower was a featured location

but that game was primarily around Numidium (or Walking Brass in tower nomenclature)

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    so
    dragonborn location, hrodulf's house
    what was the deal with that whole thing

guy moves in, gets some compulsion to dig and hide his digging, uncovers some dwemer ruins, goes insane

his boyfriend shows up and dies and then the insane digging guy also dies far away from his house? wait there were reavers there maybe they killed him

I thought it would have some connection to an overarching solstheim plot or otherwise tie into something else but no this guy just went all creepy and maybe murdered his boyfriend for no reason?

@Dichotomy
    If you sneak in, the reavers are talking about tossing the guy into the tunnel, and they also talk about waiting for the other guy and about the ash spawn possibly taking care of that guy for them.

Speculation based on having done the Fort Frostmoth quest but not much else:
    Falx Carius is resurrected by having a piece of heart stone attached to his body, and he can summon and control ash spawn. The area around Hrodulf's house and Frostmoth has multiple veins of heart stone and a nice coating of ash from Red Mountain. Maybe the slurry of ash and heart stone is binding to souls from the dwemer ruins running underneath the whole area? Maybe those are the voices the guy heard and was driven mad by? Also, maybe heart stone is some kind of Heart of Lorkhan residue?

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    the fundamental religious difference between humans and elves is that humans see the mortal world as a good thing while elves see it as a trap

in this respect, the Redguards agree with the elves

I wonder if the Yokudans intentionally tried to knock down their tower but accidentally ended up sinking the whole continent

I wonder if there's gonna be a game that's gonna deal with the adamantine tower.

Well

Daggerfall KINDA dealt with it, in that Direnni Tower was a featured location

but that game was primarily around Numidium (or Walking Brass in tower nomenclature)

Yeah, that's true, but if they're gonna be knocking over towers I think the adamantine tower's probably gonna need some special convincing. Probably gonna be big.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I really want the next elder scrolls game to start without me being a prisoner

that would be swell

I would prefer the exact opposite.

Start out with a mission to craft a makeshift weapon ... shanksmithing.

Then, I have to scrounge together a stockpile of rat meat; I gotta have grub as I escape the prison through the sewers.

While killing rats, I would multitask by using the shank to carve a set of lockpicks out of rat bones.

After that, I would have to use my ad-hoc, rat-bone lockpick set to escape my cell, shank the guard, confiscate his gear and escape into the sewers.

Next stop, the nearest skooma dealer. Dunmer gotta hit the pipe, yo.

After waking up from The Nod, I realize that I'm back in prison and I gotta get out again before the shakes set in and I can't make another shank.

I call this ... The Elder Scrolls: Recidivism.

I would play this game.

But there would be no starting mission or tutorial. You just wake up in your cell and the game starts.

The Elder Scrolls: Recidivism will have periodic DLC's that focus on life in the big-house.

-Alchemy for the Skooma Trade
    -Using Dreugh Wax for tattoo ink
    -More Alchemy for Chamber Pot Merlot
    -Trading for rolling parchments
    -Breaking rocks for Strength and Endurance training
    -Speech to talk your way out of prison sex

The possibilities are endless.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

that would be swell

Then, I have to scrounge together a stockpile of rat meat; I gotta have grub as I escape the prison through the sewers.

While killing rats, I would multitask by using the shank to carve a set of lockpicks out of rat bones.

After that, I would have to use my ad-hoc, rat-bone lockpick set to escape my cell, shank the guard, confiscate his gear and escape into the sewers.

After waking up from The Nod, I realize that I'm back in prison and I gotta get out again before the shakes set in and I can't make another shank.

I would play this game.

But there would be no starting mission or tutorial. You just wake up in your cell and the game starts.

The Elder Scrolls: Recidivism will have periodic DLC's that focus on life in the big-house.

I actually would like to see a first-person prison simulator

for there to be a point to it, it would have to be soul-crushingly brutal, though

I don't see a worthwhile way to make it without it being rated AO

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

that would be swell

I would play this game.

for there to be a point to it, it would have to be soul-crushingly brutal, though

ADX Florence Simulator, this is the game world
    ADX.CELL.DESIGN.jpg

You can either sleep for 23 hours until yard time, or attempt self-administering enough cranial trauma to die

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    That cell looks terrible, it's missing a wall and ceiling! Anyone could just walk straight out.

Junpei wrote: »
    That cell looks terrible, it's missing a wall and ceiling! Anyone could just walk straight out.

The contractor who designed it is on loan from Game of Thrones.

They didn't realise what he meant when he said his designs were at the very edge of cell technology.

They didn't realise what he meant when he said his designs were at the very edge of cell technology.

The Elder Scrolls: Recidivism has just announced it's first DLC ... Splinter Cell.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

that would be swell

I would play this game.

ADX Florence Simulator, this is the game world
    ADX.CELL.DESIGN.jpg

You can either sleep for 23 hours until yard time, or attempt self-administering enough cranial trauma to die

this sort of thing would have to be included

as well as the administration deliberately doing things like

1) using rape to break the spirits of new inmates

2) creating circumstances that they use to justify murdering inmates

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    this is what the thalmor are working towards, their ultimate goal is to undo reality because they just really can not deal with being mortal

red mountain and I think the white-gold tower are down, and presumably they've taken care of whatever towers are in elfland

White-gold is still up from what I can tell. And Red Mountain is still a horrible volcano.

• PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    this is what the thalmor are working towards, their ultimate goal is to undo reality because they just really can not deal with being mortal

red mountain and I think the white-gold tower are down, and presumably they've taken care of whatever towers are in elfland

White-gold is still up from what I can tell. And Red Mountain is still a horrible volcano.

White Gold got fucked by the Thalmor and Red Mountain exploded because a tiny moon crashed into it

White Gold got fucked by the Thalmor and Red Mountain exploded because a tiny moon crashed into it

I can find no evidence that the tower was pulled down by the war and Red Mountain still dominates the skyline of Solstheim.

• PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

I can find no evidence that the tower was pulled down by the war and Red Mountain still dominates the skyline of Solstheim.

This is where my knowledge of the metaplot fades a bit, so I could totally be wrong, but I didn't think that in order to deactivate a tower you have to literally destroy every bit of it until the land is barren and flat

Maybe some of the local loremasters can shine some light on this

PreciousBodilyFluids on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

I'm given to understand that each tower has a power source so even if you can't destroy one outright you can still "deactivate" it if you can identify and disrupt that power source

so red mountain is still around because it's a fuck-off huge mountain, but its power source was the heart of lorkhan which got

dealt with

so it's no longer holding up the world even though it still smokes merrily along the horizon

and I don't know much of any thing about the white-gold tower because I didn't play oblivion, but I do know the thalmor got a hold of it at some point before the events of skyrim even if they didn't actually tear it down

EDIT: oh uh

I'm more of a

lore...apprentice

Seriously on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular

This is where my knowledge of the metaplot fades a bit, so I could totally be wrong, but I didn't think that in order to deactivate a tower you have to literally destroy every bit of it until the land is barren and flat

My guess would be that the destruction of red mountain symbolized the failing of that pillar. The pillars are likely not wholly physical concepts, for instance the thalmor wont have to physically bulldoze the throat of the world to deactivate it. That said I don't know for sure, I feel like I remember reading a book talking about this stuff while playing skyrim but I cant remember.

hLeTR.png
    the amount of time that must have gone into creating this setting and giving it such richness absolutely boggles my mind

it continually amazes me

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    There are some seriously bad old dudes on The Throat of the World, there is gonna be some hollerin' goin on when the elves show up

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    ultimakay wrote: »

My guess would be that the destruction of red mountain symbolized the failing of that pillar. The pillars are likely not wholly physical concepts, for instance the thalmor wont have to physically bulldoze the throat of the world to deactivate it. That said I don't know for sure, I feel like I remember reading a book talking about this stuff while playing skyrim but I cant remember.

I'm also pretty sure the Crystal Tower in the Summerset Isles got destroyed during the Oblivion Crisis, what else does that leave? Isn't the one in Valenwood moving?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    there's a conspiracy theory that the placement of the bugs in jars in skyrim actually forms a sigil, set in place by the thalmor to neutralize what they think is the throat of the world's power source, the weynon stones

so in this exercise you saved all of creation not when you defeated the world-eater, but when you went

oh neat a moth!

and immediately snatched it up

Darmak wrote: »

I'm also pretty sure the Crystal Tower in the Summerset Isles got destroyed during the Oblivion Crisis, what else does that leave? Isn't the one in Valenwood moving?

The tree got burned, I think.

I think the only towers left are the throat of the world and the adamantine tower.

Which are pretty sturdy.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The whole Elder Scrolls universe seems to have a lot of shit that can lead up to it coming to an end

After finishing the game I'm not sure what makes Alduin so special, outside of him being destined to return when the world ends

dN0T6ur.png
    What was the book called again that mentioned landfall?

Greetings from the fifth era?

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    love letter from the fifth era is basically a real-life version of a book you'd find in apocrypha that would drive you mad

0BnD8l3.gif

I think the only towers left are the throat of the world and the adamantine tower.

Which are pretty sturdy.

Physically they're sturdy, yeah. But the source of their power may not be linked to the tower's physical destruction, I mean look at Red Mountain. It's source of power (the Heart of Lorkhan) was destroyed by you in Morrowind.

JtgVX0H.png

Which are pretty sturdy.

Physically they're sturdy, yeah. But the source of their power may not be linked to the tower's physical destruction, I mean look at Red Mountain. It's source of power (the Heart of Lorkhan) was destroyed by you in Morrowind.

Well it's more like, the metal core of adamantine tower is basically indestructible from what I understand. So it's something people can lean on.

I don't really know what the power source of the throat of the world is.
    love letter from the fifth era is basically a real-life version of a book you'd find in apocrypha that would drive you mad

That was it, thanks.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

you don't have to be physically knocked down, just deactivated

Red Tower is double-deactivated since the Heart of Lorkhan is gone plus it exploded

Gold Tower is also double-deactivated after the events of the oblivion crisis and its physical damage in the great war

PNk1Ml4.png
    edited December 2012

Which are pretty sturdy.

Adamantine Tower's stone is the moment of creation so I think that's pretty safe

Throat of the World's stone seems to be having a king, which is resolved one way or another in the civil war quest but is considerably more fragile

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i havent played skyrim in a year

hmm

should i

download a bunch of visual / slight enhancement mods and keep playing my games

or download one of those overhaul mods and make a new character

also is there a mod for better managing saves, like, between multiple characters

poo
    just keep installing mods that will make the game so much better when you get around to playing it but then never get around to playing it and just keep installing new mods

PNk1Ml4.png
    Make sure you install Skyrim Mares. It is essential to your gameplay experience

Make sure you install Skyrim Mares. It is essential to your gameplay experience

I think you mean Gary_s Real Mare Horse Mod

JtgVX0H.png
    just keep installing mods that will make the game so much better when you get around to playing it but then never get around to playing it and just keep installing new mods

on it

Fuck these realistic horse mods where's my realistic pack guar mod.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    dragonborn ending
    aaaaaaaa this respec thing, cannot deal

this character has been a heavy armor two-handed type so far, but I decided "you know what, time for a change" and I just cleared out my heavy armor and two-handed perks and picked up some light armor and a knife and now I'm a sneaky type

I mean I always did this kind of role change but now it's so much more convenient to have a pool of available perk points waiting for me as I level the skill

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    dragonborn ending
    aaaaaaaa this respec thing, cannot deal

this character has been a heavy armor two-handed type so far, but I decided "you know what, time for a change" and I just cleared out my heavy armor and two-handed perks and picked up some light armor and a knife and now I'm a sneaky type

I mean I always did this kind of role change but now it's so much more convenient to have a pool of available perk points waiting for me as I level the skill
    i haven't done this mostly because the thought of just starting to level something after so long is terrible to think about

i'd just as soon start from scratch than try to level armor and weapon skills after i've already been through most of the content i feel like doing

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Hm. It occurs to me that I could probably jury-rig one of my old characters that didn't quite work for this new build. It's already got max enchanting, heavy armor, and is a necromage vampire, all of which is pain in the ass to do. I'd just need to add destruction and and one-handed.

edit: oh my god he already has 50 destruction

i'm doin' this

Elendil on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular

that would be swell

I would play this game.

Hold on

I'm sending you a check for all my money

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @Dichotomy
    I don't suppose the respec also lets you reallocate magic/health/stamina?

This discussion has been closed.