As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skyrim: Now with realistic horse vaginas! Dragonborn DLC out 12/4.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I found a white werewolf retexture and then I saw that it was created to match the author's fursona and then I didn't want to use it

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I found a white werewolf retexture and then I saw that it was created to match the author's fursona and then I didn't want to use it

fursecution!

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I imagine they've already got people working on the planning stages of TESVI
    which is going to be a next-gen game

just imagine what they'll be able to do with those kind of resources

large battle scenes with more than half a dozen people a side!

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Furlocaust

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I think it is interesting that Elder Scrolls II, III, and IV all deal with you deactivating one of the towers. Skyrim I guess breaks the mold, but if the Throat's stone is really having a king, I guess you can deactivate that one too.

Suddenly me tending to play through the games as an Altmer makes so much sense.

• SLAMMUSLAMMU Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    I think it is interesting that Elder Scrolls II, III, and IV all deal with you deactivating one of the towers. Skyrim I guess breaks the mold, but if the Throat's stone is really having a king, I guess you can deactivate that one too.

Suddenly me tending to play through the games as an Altmer makes so much sense.

How many towers are there supposed to be and is it possible for something in Elder Scrolls I to be one? Imagine if the last Elder Scrolls game is the player handling some massive threat and accidentally killing the world.

Finish the main quest, world explodes and the screen goes black, credits roll, "WELL GOOD JOB NO MORE ELDER SCROLLS GAMES HOPE YOU GUYS ARE HAPPY"

SLAMMU-1.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    cue the even more elder scrolls series

these scrolls are so fucking old

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    @Dichotomy
    I don't suppose the respec also lets you reallocate magic/health/stamina?

Sorry pal, that's a no

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    like if they told you how old they were you would be all

pfff

that is nonsense

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    my favorite theory is still that the elder scrolls are really just the scripting for all the npcs

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Elder Scrolls are Vivec's Fanfiction collection.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    I always end up coming back to the sneaky archer playstyle

it is the most fun

0BnD8l3.gif
  • MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    Where are you guys getting this info about the towers? I read that Love Letter from the Fifth Era, but I must have missed the mention of towers. Is there any in game reference to it?

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I beat Alduin on my Mage with Better Magic. Getting Restoration to 50 was a horrific grind and I am afraid of leveling it any more but Destruction rules in such a reasonable way with this mod.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    The Elder Scrolls are the source code for the Elder Scrolls games.

It'll turn out that they're written in C, and that removing the Pillars of the World causes a pointer to fail to initialize, and generates a Segmentation fault/coredump error.

Thus ending the world.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I always end up coming back to the sneaky archer playstyle

it is the most fun

I have a similar mentality with the ol' warhammer

believe me, I try to stick with daggers and bow

but I gotta waste my stealth on the hammer

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I sneak with 2H swords because fuck yeah ooooooh you like that shit man

• PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    Olorin wrote: »
    Where are you guys getting this info about the towers? I read that Love Letter from the Fifth Era, but I must have missed the mention of towers. Is there any in game reference to it?

They're mentioned in the first book you can find in Skyrim!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Sneaking through the thalmor quest level and stealing the armor off of every guard while never being detected was my favorite moment in skyrim.

Especially because parts of that area are outside in the snow.

Just left them finishing their patrol naked in the snow, wondering where their pants had got off to.

• JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular

Second book, the first you can find is Mixed Unit Tactics >.>

I'm fairly neurotic about picking up books.

• MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012

Ah. Thank you very much good sir.

EDIT:So I read through it and I remember reading it before. I thought the prophesy of the dragonborn mentioned in the book was pretty straightforward. It alludes to events in previous elder scroll games that lead up to the events that occurred in Skyrim. I still don't see where the idea that these "towers" are holding the world together comes from. Also, the only towers that I've seen mentioned are the White-Gold Tower, the Adamantine Tower, the Throat of the World and Red Mountain. Where is the idea that every province has a tower coming from and is there any mention of what they are?

I do see how you could deduce what the Thalmor are up to based on the above information, but is there any mention of why they would be trying to end the world.

Sorry for the ton of questions but I am very interested in the lore of the games, though I don't exactly keep up with the more hidden elements.

Maratastik on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    The Thalmor want to end the world because they are total dillholes who can't deal with mortality, they figure wrecking existence will result in spiritual foreverness or total oblivion and either is better.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    So the whole tower thing ended with skyrim?

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Sneaking through the thalmor quest level and stealing the armor off of every guard while never being detected was my favorite moment in skyrim.

Especially because parts of that area are outside in the snow.

Just left them finishing their patrol naked in the snow, wondering where their pants had got off to.

I like playing that part as my sneak thief who is like the arrow fairy. Nothing but dead elves with arrows in their chest or face. Their buddies coming over to check out what happened, and then ARROW!

You would think some guard would finally smarten up and just go inside and let whoever is murdering fools like nothing with arrows just do his job and leave. But no, they keep looking for me.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Does anyone have a link to the bug-in-jar sigil theory because I want to check that shit out.

august on
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    Elves are basically descendants of the original deific beings that were trapped on Nirn when it was separated from Oblivion. Some elves believe that mortality is basically a corruption of the original divinity, and so they try to undo what Lorkhan and the Aedra did in creating Mundus.

By contrast, humans were created on Nirn, essentially from the shattered divinity of Lorkhan himself, and the human religions generally believe that mortality is a trial through which an even higher divinity can be reached(which was possibly the ultimate goal of Lorkhan in the first place).

An interesting effect of the empire under Septim rule is that the dissemination of ideas combined with the empire's generally inclusive attitude fostered a major change among the Altmer. Where before the Thalmor were completely in control of Altmer culture, by the time of Uriel VIII, they'd become a minority, bordering on apparent nonexistance. Of course they came back in force immediately after the Oblivion crisis, suggesting a foreknowledge of, or perhaps even a hand in, Dagoth Ur's invasion.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Elder Scrolls lore is fuckin crazy as hell

I love it

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I just got the symbolism of the Throat of the World that has Grey Beards at the top who use the power of voice

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    I just got the symbolism of the Throat of the World that has Grey Beards at the top who use the power of voice

I just did too, thanks!

JtgVX0H.png
    the frost trolls represent neck-stubble

0BnD8l3.gif
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    What about the goats?

aTBDrQE.jpg
    you don't wanna know

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Markarth is the pubes around the asshole of the world

VRXwDW7.png
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I just finished up the forsworn conspiracy questline and found out that I locked myself out of getting a house in markarth

booooo

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Ah. Thank you very much good sir.

EDIT:So I read through it and I remember reading it before. I thought the prophesy of the dragonborn mentioned in the book was pretty straightforward. It alludes to events in previous elder scroll games that lead up to the events that occurred in Skyrim. I still don't see where the idea that these "towers" are holding the world together comes from. Also, the only towers that I've seen mentioned are the White-Gold Tower, the Adamantine Tower, the Throat of the World and Red Mountain. Where is the idea that every province has a tower coming from and is there any mention of what they are?

I do see how you could deduce what the Thalmor are up to based on the above information, but is there any mention of why they would be trying to end the world.

Sorry for the ton of questions but I am very interested in the lore of the games, though I don't exactly keep up with the more hidden elements.

@Olorin

A lot of the tower stuff comes from another document called the Nu-Mantia Intercept so you may want to give that a read as well

it's a pretty okay house, but markarth

unless you were going to turn into a werewolf and eat all your neighbors that would substantially improve the living conditions

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Yes, let the Dogs have markarth. My Vampire won't even visit the place.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    kill everyone in markarth

then adopt the surviving children, and save them from that wretched city

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    My Altmer Warrior adopted the girl from Wildhelm who sold flowers. Lydia watches over her while the Dragonborn goes off adventuring.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I really want to start a bosmer and shoot everyone in the face but I don't think I'll make it past level 5 before getting bored. Especially since my highest level dude is also a sneaky archer

This discussion has been closed.