As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Kevin Durant's Achilles Memorial NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I can't believe it finally happened. I woke up this morning and it all came back... THE CAVS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP. CLEVELAND WON A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    I'm still mad

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    I'm still mad

0f2ac7930b70e7eef23e6a21b5586a7a.jpg

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm watching a replay of the game, but just watching the benches as best I can from the broadcast. It is entertaining!

• jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    I'm still in shock

LeDumb

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    LeRundown

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    vgaasm0vna3q.jpeg

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    LeChamp

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    LeDumb

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    Lebullshit

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    You've got 3 posts to get a solid burn in.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    You mad, lebro?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    i dont even know why people play basketball
    its all a lie

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    what the fuck is going on right now

edit: jesus dicks i thought this was the game of thrones thread how in christ's name did i even

Liquid Ghost on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    omg that gif

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    It Looks Like J. R. Smith Hasn’t Worn a Shirt Since Winning a Championship

http://www.gq.com/story/jr-smith-no-shirt-championship
    More than 36 hours later, Cleveland's NBA championship still seems surreal. The 3-1 comeback. LeBron's gravity and age-defying chase-down block. Kyrie dotting the "i" over Steph. Kevin Love playing defense on the MVP. The end of the curse. But perhaps most surreal of all is the fact that we are now more than a day into "J. R. Smith is an NBA champion" land, and I have to be honest, it's already been amazing. Here's what we know.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    sorta less bullshit
    welcome home KD

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    If you can't beat them, join them I guess. If he gets a ring it won't really be that impressive though, since he left his team to join the team that beat him. Like he's tired of adversity and just wants an easy ring.

It's going to be a boring season next year, just waiting for the inevitable Warriors and Cavs rematch in the finals. And then Westbrook will join the Cavs the year after, and it will be a 4th straight Warriors/Cavs finals, and the NBA will fall apart as fans of every other team stop caring and stop supporting their team.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    sorta less bullshit
    welcome home KD

i'm glad your month of incredible hardship is over

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    If you can't beat them, join them I guess. If he gets a ring it won't really be that impressive though, since he left his team to join the team that beat him. Like he's tired of adversity and just wants an easy ring.

It's going to be a boring season next year, just waiting for the inevitable Warriors and Cavs rematch in the finals. And then Westbrook will join the Cavs the year after, and it will be a 4th straight Warriors/Cavs finals, and the NBA will fall apart as fans of every other team stop caring and stop supporting their team.

The max salary puts a lot of power into the hands of superstar free agents since they are basically forced to take what in other sports would be called team friendly contracts. I wonder if the NBA will consider changing the structure of the CBA or if they consider that its easier to market a few superstar laden teams.

But yeah, the idea that a team that just won 73 games added KD is just kind of nuts.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    What, he's just a fill in for Harrison Barnes. No big deal.

If the Warriors had won the championship, feels like they wouldn't have signed KD.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I can't believe I learened about this on Facebook instead of an overhyped ESPN special

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I wonder if the NBA hadn't helped the Warriors get past the Thunder if he'd have stayed.

• GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    The NBA put pills on Durant's drinks to make him choke so hard on games 6 and 7

Wake up sheeple

I'll laugh so hard if this is a Karl Malone on the lakers type situation. Lots of salt in Seattle today, its like a fried food festival.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'll laugh so hard if this is a Karl Malone on the lakers type situation. Lots of salt in Seattle today, its like a fried food festival.

it's absolutely not at all. durant is still a top 3 player in the league. malone was like, 40 years old

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Yeah, it's more like Barkley moving to the Suns and then the rockets. Just couldn't find any rings along the way.

y2jake215 wrote: »

it's absolutely not at all. durant is still a top 3 player in the league. malone was like, 40 years old

Well it was more established player moving to dynasty team to chase ring. We'll see if Golden State continues to be like they were, or will they regress. Wouldn't be the first "dynasty" to fall apart following an embarrassing blowing of a championship...

pleasepaypreacher.net

Well it was more established player moving to dynasty team to chase ring. We'll see if Golden State continues to be like they were, or will they regress. Wouldn't be the first "dynasty" to fall apart following an embarrassing blowing of a championship...

i don't have much hope. unfortunately they're going to be incredible. curses

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    There is no historical comparison. This is like Allen Iverson joining the Lakers after the '01 season.

And holy shit is this great for Lebron's PR.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah I can't think of any historical comparison that would be similar. The Malone/Payton Lakers was when those two were in the twilight of their careers and no longer dominant players (Malone would retire after that year, and Payton was already 35 and showed it). Rodman joining the Bulls was a similar situation, where he was already 34 when he joined them, and although he was still great rebounder and defender, he wasn't an MVP-caliber player like Durant. Every other situation is like, one superstar joining another (Magic + Kareem, etc.), not one MVP joining another MVP along with other superstar/All-Star players.

The closest analogue I can think of is, yes, when LeBron joined the Heat. But even then, the Heat were a good team but not an historically great one, like the Warriors are.

this is like if magic had left the lakers and joined the 86 celtics

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2016

Oh man, don't get Bill Simmons started.

Yeah, Warriors are now going to have more pressure than ever to top this year's record and win a title. Realistically, the Warriors now should be given two to three years to win a title, with this lineup chemistry wise.

But in this day and age of instant gratification, if the dubs don't go 82-0 and win the championship by going 16-0 in the playoffs then ; "OMG, biggest hype evar!", of the Mount Rushmore of hot teaks will reign hellfire on the internet.

Ticaldfjam on
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Oh man, don't get Bill Simmons started.

Yeah, Warriors are now going to have more pressure than ever to top this year's record and win a title. Realistically, the Warriors now should be given two to three years to win a title, with this lineup chemistry wise.

But in this day and age of instant gratification, if the dubs don't go 82-0 and win the championship by going 16-0 in the playoffs then ; "OMG, biggest hype evar!", of the Mount Rushmore of hot teaks will reign hellfire on the internet.

I don't think they're going to focus on any kind of regular season record again. They'll be willing to lose a few more games to rest guys so they are more ready for the playoffs.

sorta less bullshit
    welcome home KD

i'm glad your month of incredible hardship is over

injustice, it was injustice
    the hardship will last until the larry obrien trophy rests in its rightful place in oakland

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
This discussion has been closed.