As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fuck, roommates want to have [chat]

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
edited August 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://www.theonion.com/articles/fuck-roommates-want-to-have-meeting,29118/

635.jpg?2109
BROOKLYN, NY—Sitting in the living room of his apartment Wednesday, a visibly anxious Drew Johnson told reporters that, fuck, his roommates want to have a meeting as soon as everyone can find a moment.

According to the 24-year-old production assistant, during a brief encounter in the kitchen this morning, Connor—one of three roommates who lived in the apartment prior to Johnson moving in several months ago—informed him they want everyone to sit down and talk sometime in the near future, preferably before the weekend arrives and "things get too crazy."

Johnson speculated that the meeting could either be about the dishes, a stain on the couch he thought he cleaned pretty thoroughly, or the refrigerator's current smell, which Johnson vehemently stated was not his fault but the result of the vegetables Amy bought two weeks ago.

"I asked [Connor] if everything was okay, and he played it pretty cool and said, 'Yeah, yeah, just want to talk some things out,'" said Johnson, adding that he could tell by Connor's terse manner and inability to make eye contact that the meeting clearly wasn't just about checking in and seeing how things were going so far. "When I asked if we could just talk about it now, he said it would be best to hold off until everyone could be here."

"That means it's about me, right?" Johnson continued. "I mean, it has to be. They decided on this meeting when I wasn't there, they want everyone present, so I have to be centrally involved on some level."

Though Johnson said the situation in the apartment has been far from perfect, he reportedly didn't think that problems had escalated to a point that warranted a full-on meeting.

Other than a few recollected infractions—such as the time Johnson was told he was doing the recycling wrong and the time he found the tennis shoes he typically leaves in the common area placed outside his bedroom door—things, according to Johnson, had "been pretty good, or at least I thought they were."

"I haven't bought paper towels in a while," he said while sorting through supplies under the sink, making special note of two kitchen sponges he purchased last week. "But that's because someone else always buys them first. If they wanted me to buy them, they could have asked and I would have picked some up."

"And I guess sometimes the sink can pile up," he continued, noting that several weeks ago there was a Post-it note on the refrigerator reminding everyone to wash their dishes—a message Johnson said was clearly just for him. "It's not like I wasn't going to eventually do the dishes. I just didn't want to do them right then. I wouldn't be surprised if [the meeting's] about the dishes, especially because Amy specifically mentioned clean dishes in her Craigslist ad. Clean dishes and neat communal space. Those were her sticking points."

Citing an unfamiliarity with the apartment's policies, Johnson reviewed a list of things he might have done wrong without even knowing, including failures to lock the back door or use the fan to save electricity. However, the tenant could not recall an occasion when he neglected to notify roommates of an out-of-town guest or ate someone's food without asking, a particular grievance of Bridget.

"I've barely even seen Bridget since I got here," recalled Johnson, adding that he gets the feeling Bridget doesn't like him, anyway. "That means whatever I did, she's hearing about it secondhand."

"How long has this been going on?" he continued. "When I'm in my bedroom, are they out here complaining about me?"

Johnson later stated that if the problems were as small as the ones previously mentioned, they probably wouldn't necessitate a meeting, which led him to believe that the discussion could be about a broader topic, such as his overall personality.

"Holy shit, maybe they're going to kick me out," he said. "Those assholes are going to kick me out. That is not fucking fair. They don't even know me. These guys are like a fucking power bloc. Of course if things go wrong in the apartment they're automatically going to think I'm the problem."

Added Johnson, "This meeting's going to fucking suck."

At press time, Johnson had reportedly decided that while it was pointless to speculate further as to why the meeting was being held, it wouldn't hurt to wash the windows a little bit.

smCQ5WE.jpg
Elki on

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    man vanilla goes apeshit when you're trying to post as the thread closes

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Since there's a small bump in the polls after declaring your VP, I think Obama should declare Biden his VP on November 3rd or 4th. I would make such a kickass campaign strategist.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Since there's a small bump in the polls after declaring your VP, I think Obama should declare Biden his VP on November 3rd or 4th. I would make such a kickass campaign strategist.

Ehh, the bump is usually temporary and short lived. Plus I think it only works with new vp choices.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    One time I had to do a questionnaire about whether people enjoyed visiting battlefields from WW2. So I went to a shopping mall and asked guys standing outside shops with shopping bags around them if I could ask them a few questions about battlefields and the war.

Response rate: through the roof.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Shameless repost, because god damn

Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

Oh, the repugnant malicious stupidity.
    Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

WHAT

• Options
    my fellow americans, i would like to announce my new vice president: the statue of liberty

who's going to argue with lady liberty as a running mate? and a woman! it's progressive!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    epic-fail-photos-music-fails-rolling-in-the-deep.jpg

I saw this while listening to "Sinner man"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

WHAT

I decided when I first saw this that I was going to pretend that it was some kind of onion satire thing, because otherwise its just too much to comprehend that someone would honestly believe this to be the case.

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

The Pretender

...does that mean I'm faking it?

• Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8

• Options
    ah shit, that's not the last song played on my ipod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AqeqAQ1ILI

life why must you be so vexingly appropriate

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

WHAT

what

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Like, does he think there are sperms, and then there are rape sperms? Do they have small helmets and baseball bats?

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

At the risk of sound redundant, I'll say again...

Dunno why people are surprised that the first thing Marxists do when they take over is put these assholes in the Gulag.

• Options
    hahaha elendil wins that one.

teach me

I want to do an "Atrocity Exhibition" and sink to the blackest depths of shame afterwards

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

WHAT

Life begins at spermeogenesis, people. It's in the bible.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

Mit Aufschwung Aber Nicht Eilen

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Next song: "Opening the Gates of Hell"

totally a signature sex move

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdj7RlPPQfg

damn it

• Options
    epic-fail-photos-bros-bros-know-these-feels.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Podly wrote: »

Mit Aufschwung Aber Nicht Eilen

Mexicola

• Options
    I know I'm just posting failblog shit. I'm allowed, I'm hung over and sleep deprived.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    He's the same guy who said this when NBC made questionable decisions about editing:
    Well, I think NBC has a long record of being very liberal, and at the heart of liberalism really is a hatred for God and a belief that government should replace God.... This is a systematic effort to try to separate our faith and God, which is a source in our belief in individual liberties, from our country. And when you do that you tear the heart out of our country.

• Options
    epic-fail-photos-ugliest-tattoos-pet-all-the-dogs.jpg

Or maybe just jetlagged.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Hmm. Last song I listened to was Honeymoon Suite by Lacuna Coil.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

"Clash on the Big Bridge" :winky:

• Options
    Last song I listened to was Cage Nerd.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

Mine is "Brand New Colony". Huh, guess I better get busy.

No I don't.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BobCesca wrote: »
    he's not even legal!

• Options
    Some people think YOLO is stupid and prefer Carpe Diem.

I like Memento Mori the best.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hmm last song I listened to, I think it was a something on the classical station in Sleeping Dogs.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    he's not even legal!
    well, just in the us.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    hahaha elendil wins that one.

teach me

I want to do an "Atrocity Exhibition" and sink to the blackest depths of shame afterwards
    there was also a near miss of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y52UHWQRQ0

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Some people think YOLO is stupid and prefer Carpe Diem.

I like Memento Mori the best.

yolowls.gif

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Post the last song you listened to or you will never meet your true love.

Quote this post to at least 10 other forum members or your true love will never date you.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yay I have slain the hangover dragon shitting in my skull.

This discussion has been closed.