As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Exhaustion.

PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
edited August 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm becoming rather fatigued by worrying all the time. Snarling at people and making dumb mistakes.
Don't suppose you know any tricks less demanding than "sleep more" and "worry less"?

PLA on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    See a doctor?

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Maybe try vitamins? As well, a lot of people find they get more energy once they start exercising or just being a bit more physically active. Not to say that you lead a sedentary life or anything along those lines what so ever but from personal experience I've found since I've started going to the gym I've had more energy.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ScorchedScorched Registered User regular
    Is the worrying a recent thing, i.e. has this just come up in the last month or two, or is it more long term than that?

• Options
    cmsamocmsamo Registered User regular
    I went through a patch just recently of being constantly tired and worrying about it, leading to snapping at people and generally being moody. I went to the doctor, and had blood work done (since I've never had a blood test!) everything came back normal. Doctor said to drink more water. Surprisingly, the fatigue went away and I stopped worrying about things and became much more attentive and was able to concentrate more.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Was checked up by doctors a few months ago, and everything seemed to be in order. I do some stretching in the morning and take vitamin-supplements in case I miss anything.
    I usually drink a glass of water in addition to whatever else I drink at meal-times.

The most of the worrying has gone on for two or three weeks now.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    What is it that you are worried about? It is making you angry at everyone?

See a psychiatrist.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    cmsamocmsamo Registered User regular
    I was drinking a glass of water with food etc, and thought it was more than enough. Actually I've found that I need to drink at least 3 large beakers of water per day (1.5 litres of water, or 3 small coke bottles worth) throughout the day. Usually now, if I get a fatigue attack (where I am literally nodding off) then a bottle of water perks me up. Previously I would hit coffee or tea which actually dehydrates you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll see if some extra water does anything. Thanks.
    JebusUD wrote: »

See a psychiatrist.

Family. Nothing that can be sorted out at the moment, or on my own.

I don't have good prior experience of professional psychiatry. I have tended to find it more frustrating than illuminating.

• Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    B12 gives you a great, quick energy boost that helps me with stuff like this. I take one anytime I'm feeling drowsy, and they perk me right up.

3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    Exercise. Get that natural high from some weight lifting or a nice long jog. Your outlook on things will be much more positive.

• Options
    LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    Try meditation. I find it can be very relaxing and mentally stimulating. Even the basic breathing techniques can help when confronted with a stressful situation, and stress can be very very exhausting once the adrenaline wears off.

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • Options
    BushiBushi Registered User regular
    You have to be super careful with energy shots and such, as they'll obviously make you MORE on edge and liable to bite into people more often. That being said, I've had a lot of success with this: cellucor.com/product/super-hd. The only caveat is that you should only take it when you're actually doing something.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    I'll see if some extra water does anything. Thanks.
    JebusUD wrote: »

See a psychiatrist.

Family. Nothing that can be sorted out at the moment, or on my own.

I don't have good prior experience of professional psychiatry. I have tended to find it more frustrating than illuminating.

Maybe you could distance yourself from whatever you are worrying about?

It's hard to give you any advice since you seem to not want to talk about what the issue at hand is and don't seem to want to talk to someone who you can talk to about it. Maybe a counseler instead of a psychiatrist.

No amount of b12 or water is going to magic wand away your feelings and thoughts. Exercise might help. But nothing will help more than talking to someone. If not a counseler then a close friend.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice.
    Being generally healthier can make me fatigue-resistant, but I should avoid thinking it makes me fatigue-proof.

Normally I do have someone to talk with, but they're unavailable for an unknown period of time.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    If you're worrying this much about "Family. Nothing that can be sorted out at the moment, or on my own," you definitely need professional help because you're just ruminating and it's an incredibly unproductive and unhealthy coping strategy.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with previous mental health professionals, but keep looking for one. NB: if you were as vague with them as you are in this thread, seeing them will definitely be more frustrating than anything else.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Therapists are like girlfriends; just because you've had a bad relationship with one or two doesn't mean that you should write them all of an abstain for the rest of your life.

They're also sort of like girlfriends insofar as that if you've had a bad relationship with one or two hundred, it's not unreasonable to wonder if you're approaching it wrong.

• Options
    sacreandprofanesacreandprofane Registered User regular
    Hey PLA. I support the latter comments and suggest that you keep searching for the "right fit" re a therapist. Not all of them will be right for you, but don't let that discourage you. I have close friends with a gamut of experiences that range from finding someone right on the first visit to having to try out two or three people first. I'm not qualified to diagnose your case, but I think that talking to a professional will help you. Good luck.

• Options
    Thanks.