As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who wants to get girl drink drunk?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    today in math I used phi, psi and khi

it made me happy

I like using greek letters in math.

EDIT: This was the wrong thread.

RE: Girly drinks, is g&t one?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the consensus last time it came up was that G&T was not in fact a girly drink.

Personally the one time I tried it I took two sips and gave it back to the person who bought it for me, but to each their own.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    it has been so long since I've had a proper G&T.

I think we're cursed to never have tonic.

and a G&T when you're out of tonic, is a pretty crap G&T.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    like I've read somebody say about old fashioneds, it's simoultaneously the most manly drink you can order, and what your grandmother drank.

So I'll chalk that up to both columns.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I drank a ton of G&Ts while I was in Tokyo, but then someone bought a Gin and Ginger (beer) for me and that was actually pretty good but kinda weird.

• Options
    one thing that probably counts as a girly drink is Alster

beer and sprite (or similar), 70-30

it's basically what north germans drink as light beer. It's pretty good and refreshing.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I have a friend who is a pretty light drinker, but if you invite her to a party she says that she will bring "the beers" and invariably shows up with a 12 pack of root beer.

It is a dumb ongoing joke by now, nobody is fooled by it, and we've come to expect root beer from her.

Anyways, the other day she had a shindig, and I told her I'd bring the beer. And proceeded to seek out a bottle of root beer flavored vodka.

It's not bad stuff, and this is from someone who typically avoids vodka and especially flavored vodka. It also gave us the Square Root Beer, which is when you mix root beer vodka with root beer and cannot taste the alcohol even if you do like a fifty/fifty. It just tastes like root beer going flat.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

it's basically what north germans drink as light beer. It's pretty good and refreshing.

I've had something like that, but they called it a Shandy. Might have been a variant or something. In Cape Town last year, my wife and I had heffeweizen and lemonade* shandies over lunch at a German restaurant. It was a particularly warm, sunny day and they did hit the spot. Shandy sounds more girly than Alster, though, I gotta admit.

* The "lemonade" in South Africa is carbonated, and tastes like a less-sweet 7-Up or Sprite. I liked it. Don't know if that's a common difference between the lemonade I'm used to and what other countries call lemonade, though.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    shandy and alster are the same thing; lemonade in most non-US countries is similar to 7-up or sprite.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

I've had something like that, but they called it a Shandy. Might have been a variant or something. In Cape Town last year, my wife and I had heffeweizen and lemonade* shandies over lunch at a German restaurant. It was a particularly warm, sunny day and they did hit the spot. Shandy sounds more girly than Alster, though, I gotta admit.

* The "lemonade" in South Africa is carbonated, and tastes like a less-sweet 7-Up or Sprite. I liked it. Don't know if that's a common difference between the lemonade I'm used to and what other countries call lemonade, though.

That's what we call lemonade here in Australia too. The non-carbonated lemonade is usually called 'traditional lemonade' or something.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    fruit goes well with anything. an apple is like the best muchie ever. or, like, a big ol' vine of grapes. just eatin' em by the handful.

• Options
    Apple-vodka smoothie

Hmmm

If i had a blender i would try

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    copyposting

Grass Starter Special

Bulbasaur-
    1/2 shot lime vodka
    1/4 shot lime juice
    1/4 shot melon liqueur

Ivysaur-
    1 shot lime vodka
    1 shot lime juice
    1 shot melon liqueur
    1 shot sprite

Venusaur-
    1 Bulbasaur
    1 Ivysaur
    1 shot lime vodka
    1 shot lime juice
    1 shot sprite

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Yes bartender, I'd like a Bulbasaur

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    "What's this? Bulbasaur is evolving!"

"HEY. THAT MEANS GIVE ME A DAMN IVYSAUR!"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    The bartender pinches the bridge of his nose

closes his eyes hard and imagining, for a happy moment, he was somewhere else.

"...and what is an ivysaur then."

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Chocolate covered pretzels are delicious

Where do salty dogs fit

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    BusterK wrote: »
    Yes bartender, I'd like a Bulbasaur
    Okay, yeah, that sounds delicious.

Although, I imagine you're legally obligated to order it by announcing "Bulbasaur! I chose you!"

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    It's Super Effective

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    This implies that there are Fire and Water starter drinks

Don't be holding out on us

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    charmander
    1/2 shot rum
    1/2 shot gasoline

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    charizard
    2 shots southern comfort fiery pepper
    1/2 shot tobasco sauce
    1 shot tomato juice

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    charizard
    2 shots southern comfort fiery pepper
    1/2 shot tobasco sauce
    1 shot tomato juice

I shotted a flask of tabasco sauce once.

The worst part is not the burning, far, far from it.

It's that drinking that much vinegar tastes fucking awful.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    oh man oh man

Blue Moon has finally started distributing their autumn pumpkin ale

time to stock up like a madman

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Ugh, Coors pumpkin beer

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
  • Options
    They are all really disgusting sounding to me

But

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    They are all really disgusting sounding to me

But

yeah. yeah.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    A lot of ladies I know drink G&Ts but that is not in itself sufficient to deem it "girly"

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Ugh, Coors pumpkin beer

yo i don't even care

that shit is delicious

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    A lot of ladies I know drink G&Ts but that is not in itself sufficient to deem it "girly"

I think the better way to measure it is by how many guys you know who would be embarrased to drink it.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    the "Teenage drinking"

Koskenkorva Peach + champagne soda (Villa, if you're of the northern climes)

perfect for those who have unrefined tastes and can't buy alcohol stronger than 22%

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Tequila shots with a dash of tabasco are fuckin awesome

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I once had a beer that was infused with wildflowers. That was rather nice. A friend described it as 'drinking a national park'.

Also a beer with hints of bannana. That was cool.

• Options
    I'm not a big fan of that banana beer myself. It's kind of like drinking liquid banana bread, but not in a good way. The one I had was bloody expensive too

I would drink a wildflower beer. I've had some pretty tasty mango beer from a brewery in Broome called Matso. They make a strawberry beer and a chilli beer too IIRC

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    There's a pub nearby called The Local that basically changes its beer selection every week or so, and that brings in a whole bunch of new and interesting beers all the time. The banana beer wasn't so much beer made up with bananas, but it just had a bit of a banana taste. It wasn't super thick or anything.

• Options
    yeah when I say liquid banana beer, i just meant in terms of taste not consistency

It wasn't nice tasting banana bread though

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    All of the girl drinks were had at PAX Prime.

Literally every single one.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    Ugh, Coors pumpkin beer

yo i don't even care

that shit is delicious

Have you had Schlafly's pumpkin seasonal? You should definitely do it if you get the chance.

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Somebody say Banana?

Banana Coke
    1 Shot Captain Morgan
    Top off with coke
    Float 99 Bananas liquer

Very dangerous because for the most part you can't tell that there's any alcohol in it

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam