As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Breaking Bad] --> [Better Call Saul]: The Ballad of Slippin' Jimmy

1888990919294»

• GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    The whole reason Gilligan wanted Cranston was because he'd worked with him during an episode of the X-Files where holy crap Cranston acts his ass off.

That was a great episode, too.

It was the one where he had to keep going west otherwise he'd die, if memory serves.

*googles* Yep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_(The_X-Files)

I really liked Cranston in Drive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_(2011_film)

• madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    Kettlemans nit:
    Their scheme only makes sense for someone who plans to either disappear forever or reappear with a reasonable explanation. What exactly were the Kettlemans planning on saying when they returned to civilization? "It was horrible being kidnapped and all but thank God we escaped! And please don't talk to our kids, they're bad liarstraumatized."

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    madparrot wrote: »
    Kettlemans nit:
    Their scheme only makes sense for someone who plans to either disappear forever or reappear with a reasonable explanation. What exactly were the Kettlemans planning on saying when they returned to civilization? "It was horrible being kidnapped and all but thank God we escaped! And please don't talk to our kids, they're bad liarstraumatized."
    A treasurer dumb enough to get caught embezzling probably is somewhat less of a criminal mastermind than Walter White is at this particular moment, somewhere else in Albuquerque.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I want Nacho to be this show's Jesse. Michael Mando is just the bestest.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    madparrot wrote: »
    Kettlemans nit:
    A treasurer dumb enough to get caught embezzling probably is somewhat less of a criminal mastermind than Walter White is at this particular moment, somewhere else in Albuquerque.

Yeah, those dudes are played as immensely stupid. Their "plan" seemed entirely in character.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Nacho seems waaaaay too smart to be a Jesse.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    i love that his name is nacho and no one acts weird about it.

Deaderinred on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

It's apparently short for Ignacio, which is the name Saul throws out in season 2 when Walt and Jesse kidnap him. ;D

Oh brilliant

It's apparently short for Ignacio, which is the name Saul throws out in season 2 when Walt and Jesse kidnap him. ;D

oh man we're definitely going to be seeing breaking bad from saul's perspective.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

oh man we're definitely going to be seeing breaking bad from saul's perspective.

You know...I think that would be a bad idea...but part of me would be ok with this.

camo_sig2.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure the plan would be to end the series with him meeting Walter. Pretty sure Gilligan doesn't want to repeat himself.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    3rd episode not as powerful as the first 2 I thought but I loved the opening.

took me a bit to get my bearings but it really should have been obvious from the first shot.
    no flip-phones. a certified brick phone.

also
    robot sex voice
    was amazing.

really smart. a lot of effort put into being a good guy. terrible on the execution though and an extraordinary amount of blowback for all your effort.

keep breaking my heart Saul. You do it oh so well.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure the plan would be to end the series with him meeting Walter. Pretty sure Gilligan doesn't want to repeat himself.

The cold open from the first episode left me with the impression that eventually the show will flash forward to Saul after the events of Breaking Bad to continue the story, which would be interesting assuming Saul has something to do besides drunkenly watch tapes of his old commercials. Perhaps there is unfinished business for him that we do not yet know about.

The last episode of the series is going to cut back to that opening scene from the series opener. Two men will break in, the camera shot will change to outside looking from the street. You'll hear a couple silenced gunshots, fade to black, Executive Producer: Vince Gilligan.

camo_sig2.png
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    The last episode of the series is going to cut back to that opening scene from the series opener. Two men will break in, the camera shot will change to outside looking from the street. You'll hear a couple silenced gunshots, fade to black, Executive Producer: Vince Gilligan.

But then post credits:

A bag is pulled off Saul's head. He's in a strip club! He was kidnapped for his bachelor party by all his friends and has a great night on the town! Everyone is laughing and happy!
    please I need some joy in my life don't kill jimmy please

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Well...if there are two silenced gunshots and two thugs broke in...there's the slight chance that he killed them and got away?

But yeah, I'd prefer he not die...it's just that almost everyone touched by Walter White ended up with a shitty life, or dead.

camo_sig2.png
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I think the pilot opener is essentially a coda to the story of Jimmy/Saul. I doubt we'll be going back to that time period, but I've been surprised by Vince Gilligan before.
    But yeah, I'd prefer he not die...it's just that almost everyone touched by Walter White ended up with a shitty life, or dead.

Badger and Skinny Pete did okay, they got to pretend to be snipers and everything!

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
    There's a Better Call Saul thread guys! :D

Also if BrBa is anything to go off, Vince Gilligan no longer plans stuff out ahead, despite how well it all works out. IIRC writing Season 2 was a negative experience for them, so they wrote everything else as they went along. When they filmed Walt buying the M60 at Dennys, they had no idea how they were gonna get there. Could totally believe that BCS intro is all they have planned... for now.

Oh brilliant

maybe or just skip over it and we get a season of post-bb saul. the ignacio relation stuff is interesting but it depends on how many seasons they want to do.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

I'm not sure that could happen. Pretty sure Saul disappeared to hide from the police at the end, and at the very least nazis. Nazis are all dead and the police wouldn't execute him

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Actually, how come Saul vacuum repaired himself anyway? IIRC, he was reacting to Hank getting murdered. Did he have any reason to think the nazis knew about him, or that the police would connect him to Walt?

Oh brilliant
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Actually, how come Saul vacuum repaired himself anyway? IIRC, he was reacting to Hank getting murdered. Did he have any reason to think the nazis knew about him, or that the police would connect him to Walt?

Maybe to the first, definitely to the second.

• EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    I'm certainly a bit late to the party in this... but just finished up watching the whole of this show on netflix.

It was good. I was anticipating it being much better than it was based on all the praise it gets. The characters in general were certainly great to be sure.

But it also frustrated the hell out of me because so many things just seemed so contrived to purposefully set up things to go the worst way possible.

Walter was a brilliant guy... he had a massive ego to be sure, and sabotaged so much for himself because of it.
    But yet, he knew he screwed up several times, and they show he learns from his mistakes in the show to a pretty large degree.

So things like getting drunk when he knows he's prone to slipping up when not in full control. Leaving that notebook around in the bathroom, etc. All are things that are out of character.

Same with situations where he comes in and just says all the wrong things and NEVER brings up the right ones.

The end, with his son, was equally out of character. Jr had shown a complete willingness to put his trust in his father. He sat there and flat out said he wanted his side before he'd believe anything his mom or aunt told him.
    And yet he wouldn't even let his father explain himself when things got heated.

Jesse's cancelling his pick up is another. The poison cig wasn't even used, but he still randomly jumped to that when he, for all he knew, lost a bag of weed moments before taking off to start a new life.

There were just so many little things like that which threw me off and made me roll my eyes. It's one thing to set up bad things happened, but you have to do it in a way that doesn't seem to clash with the show.

All in all, a good show. But I wouldn't put it in my top 5, maybe not even top 10... just too much that threw me out of it and/or frustrated me.