As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Got a little delete happy! was i drunk or something?

Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I seemed to have wiped out like 1/2 of my digital movie collection somehow. i was paring it down a few weeks ago because i had a bunch of crap movies that somebody gave me on my server. regardless, some of the movies i deleted were the official digital copies of movies i bought (not ripped movies). Is there any way to retrieve those? i just realized what i did this morning, so i haven't had time to pop the original disc in again, and see if i can reload it. I remember i had a bargain bin blu-ray, and tried to download the digital copy, and it was expired, so i couldn't do shit. 2 of the main ones i want to retrieve i just bought a few months ago, so they should still be valid, i'm just worried that since i used it once, that's all i get. Cue rageface if that is the case.

i was fully convinced my media player was all fucked up b/c it wouldn't display a bunch of my movies... i'm such a goober.

Dr. Frenchenstein on

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    If you already cleared your trash/recycle bin, it's gone.

• saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    In cases like this, I try and recover stuff using something like:

http://www.piriform.com/blog/2012/7/17/recuva-v143

Hopefully nothing's been written back over the sectors from the files that were deleted.

banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    I'm a damn moron. I didn't even look in my recycle bin. Facepalm X 100000

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    100% certain it's ghosts.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    Look just because i dug up that indian graveyard and used the bones to make a lovely chandelier, does not mean they are haunting me.

• saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    Look just because i dug up that indian graveyard and used the bones to make a lovely chandelier, does not mean they are haunting me.

It would explain all your housing difficulties, however.

banner_160x60_01.gif