As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Microsoft 2010 Office Installation Error

BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Im trying to install office on my mom's computer but am having trouble with the installation. I bought the office suite online and when I try to install it, I keep getting this message:

"setup cannot find office.en-us\dw20.exe. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK"

I have no idea where to go and what to look for. I tried to find the answer online but the Microsoft forums are full of worthless solutions and the Microsoft help center online keeps sending me in circles. Does anyone have any solutions?

cdmAF00.png
Coran Attack!
Bedigunz on

• WildEEPWildEEP Registered User regular
    Few things can cause that - first, when you run the installer, make sure you right click on it and choose Run as administrator. See if that gets it through the steps.
    It might be a bad download - consider re-downloading it.
    Also it should be somewhere on the hard drive, so consider using the search in the start menu to look for dw20.exe and find out where it extracted it to. Use that same folder location when it asks you to insert the "valid installation source".