As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dreams

GoatmonGoatmon Companion of KessRegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in Social Entropy++
I just woke up from the most disturbing nightmare I can ever remember having.

I was living in a small, simple house. I was terrified of going outside, because there were "Things" outside. I never saw myself, but somehow I knew they were out there. I'm not sure if they were ghosts or zombies or monsers or what, but I knew that if they got ahold of any of us, it was very bad, and we wouldn't ever be the same again. They would come after me and my friend and our two dogs. I'm not sure who the friend or the dogs were, but that wasn't a concern at the time.

Every time we went outside, we would shortly after have to hurry back inside because they would come for us. It was almost like experiencing a scene from those horror films when you see someone running from the camera.

At one point one of the dogs was left outside when we were fleeing. I remember pulling all the curtains closed, and knew that one of the dogs was right outside the window, whining and wanting to come in, but I didn't dare pull the curtain open to see him. I just knew that it would be bad or that I Just couldn't bear to see what had happened to him, either becasue of fear of seeing him or because maybe seeing him would allow him inside after being turned.

I was so god damn scared that entire time. It was like some old horror film, and I couldn't escape it.

I have never been so relieved to wake up from a dream. It's been a long long time since I had anything I would describe as a nightmare, but holy shit that fits the bill.

So I guess we can take about dreams and nightmares, here.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Goatmon on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I like fleetwood mac.

• Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    I expect that no one will read each others dream stories. It will be like the music thread.

I have rad dreams. It can be annoying because I am reluctant to wake up sometimes. I want to see how this shit plays out.

• Options
    Today I woke up from one where I was on a bus, and a crazy dude who had just killed and decapitated someone was trying to get on. He targeted me, but I disarmed his knife after a comedic segment in some library shelf stacks.

He pulled out the tiniest revolver, and I ran off. Now we were in a department store, and I was dancing between clothing racks to avoid getting shot by his tiny revolver. I got behind him and put him in some kind of headlock that made him pass out.

That is when the Chinatown police showed up and the dream ended. It all took place in a Deus-Ex kind of Chinatown. The library and department store were open to the street.

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Dreams.... I have them.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Last night I had a dream that myself, Thor, and Balder all moved into a flat in Seoul, which made for really neat subway rides on party night.

• Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    The worst dream: sleep paralysis combined with a recursive waking-up dream in which all the electronics in my bedroom were hissing static.

• Options
    I used that lucid dreaming trick of counting your fingers twice, one time. The dream wasn't very long lived, though.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    lucid dreaming aint all that

• Options
    My regular dreams are a cool enough that I never bothered with it after that.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I have stupid work dreams all the time. I wake up stressed out on my day off.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I don't really dream... I think it has something to do with my awful sleep patterns.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    aaaaaaall my dreams are me staring directly into a television displaying static

the hiss grows louder and louder and when it's unbearably loud I wake up

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    Arang did you know that "To dream of static means your magnetic personality and how you are able to draw things to you."

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Last night I dreamt that I really wanted to make an omelet but every egg I cracked had a chicken embryo in it.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Last night I dreamt that I really wanted to make an omelet but every egg I cracked had a chicken embryo in it.

Sounds like you need an omlette

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Sounds like you need an omlette

I don't even like eggs!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I had a dream that I was flying and my flying powers gave out. It quickly turned into a falling dream, but then I realized I was dreaming and I would just wake up in my bed startled. So instead I hit the ground and spent the next few minutes complaining to people around me that my ribs hurt. And they all ignored me.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i often dream that i lose gravity and i fall upward
    not pleasant
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__p_MbzZ6LE

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Accidentally slept for twelve hours a few days ago when I did that whole "wake up in the dream and think I was really awake" thing. Then when I did wake up I was really dissapointed that I hadn't been as productive as I thought I'd been.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Accidentally slept for twelve hours a few days ago when I did that whole "wake up in the dream and think I was really awake" thing. Then when I did wake up I was really dissapointed that I hadn't been as productive as I thought I'd been.

that's the worst is when you wake up to find all your hard work is gone because it was dream work.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    My dream patterns are really quite weird. I go through these 2 phases, that typically last around 2-3 weeks each. One phase is where I never remember any of my dreams ever and I end up sleeping really well. The other phase I wake up remembering most of my dreams and I sleep terrible, sleeping restlessly and waking up tired and exhausted. I've not done any research into this but of the people I've talked to they all say that when they remember their dreams they sleep awesome. I seem to be the opposite for some reason

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I don't dream

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Arang wrote: »
    aaaaaaall my dreams are me staring directly into a television displaying static

the hiss grows louder and louder and when it's unbearably loud I wake up

459210-162016_135202629856438_3510283_n.jpg

Don't scratch at the wall.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    or is all of life just a dream

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I miss being able to remember my dreams.

Last one I specifically remember, from probably over a decade ago, was go kart racing with the smurfs through the halls of my old high school.

After that the dreams just sort of faded away...

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    [quote="ThreadbareSock;24273830"]Today I woke up from one where I was on a bus, and a crazy dude who had just killed and decapitated someone was trying to get on. He targeted me, but I disarmed his knife after a comedic segment in some library shelf stacks.

He pulled out the tiniest revolver, and I ran off. Now we were in a department store, and I was dancing between clothing racks to avoid getting shot by his tiny revolver. I got behind him and put him in some kind of headlock that made him pass out.

That is when the Chinatown police showed up and the dream ended. It all took place in a Deus-Ex kind of Chinatown. The library and department store were open to the street.[/quote]

didn't that actually happen on a greyhound a few years back?

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Where is Kro when you need him? dude has crazy dreams

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Today I woke up from one where I was on a bus, and a crazy dude who had just killed and decapitated someone was trying to get on. He targeted me, but I disarmed his knife after a comedic segment in some library shelf stacks.

That is when the Chinatown police showed up and the dream ended. It all took place in a Deus-Ex kind of Chinatown. The library and department store were open to the street.

Unfortunately. It was pretty brutal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean

Goatmon on

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I can't remember the last time I had a dream. It's been at least 6 months I think. I used to dream all the time. Am I dying?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I had a dream. It's been at least 6 months I think. I used to dream all the time. Am I dying?

The most vivid and memorable dreams only occur in the final stage of deep sleep, so I imagine a lot of grown people just don't always have time in their schedule to sleep long enough to reach that point.

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    My medication causes me to have pretty vivid dreams. If I forget to take it for a day then I have REALLY vivid dreams.
    Usually vivid dreams are awesome except when they are nightmares. Waking up with my heart racing and a cold sweat isn't fun.

• Options
    ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Unfortunately. It was pretty brutal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean

"Get outta my dreams, Get into my Car" by Billy Ocean was based off of this, I believe.

• Options
    Rinder wrote: »
    My medication causes me to have pretty vivid dreams. If I forget to take it for a day then I have REALLY vivid dreams.
    Usually vivid dreams are awesome except when they are nightmares. Waking up with my heart racing and a cold sweat isn't fun.

Welcome to my OP.