As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screenshots X: Beautifully Expressed; Poorly Compressed

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was a silly decision but at least I still like the glasses.

Also last of the shameless glamour shots because I'm clogging the thread with them. I just really liked how this one came out:

32598B41068A55CC355652D6010AA1055E2892F4

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Nyht wrote: »
    Managed to nab a very nice Gun to glamour along with my kitted out Machinist. Still may change the clothing glamours though, not sure yet.

r7GJX3O.jpg
    hlipC7g.jpg
    MLUjYkH.jpg

I might not play but even I know that's awesome.

One of the things I love is just how varied the guns are in the game so far. There are flintlocks, weird alien looking things, high technology, literal hand cannons (it's a small cannon) even stuff the looks closer to a grenade launcher. Hell they even have a moogle gun that is a tiny pair of moogle shaped bellows.

You should show off that crazy gun with the floating front end I saw you in the Mists with yesterday. I didn't get a chance to check what it was, but that thing was wild.

Oh that's actually the Gauss Barrel attachment. It's an ability that Machinists get that boosts their damage, removes their auto attack and turns most of their base attacks from instant cast into cast times. You can apply it to any gun you have and generally once you hit 60 it's the primary mode you are in when you play. You only really remove it if you need to move a LOT during a fight.

Oh, gotcha! I knew about Gauss Barrel, but assumed it would look more like a barrel instead of a... floating claw-machine implement.

Honestly, it reminds me of an R-Type Force Unit more than anything.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    There is a definite almost ikaruga like look to the guass rifle 'bit'

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Since I've saved Eorzea a few times I thought I'd become a superhero.

newoutfit_zpsoyc7tpij.png

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Late game story spoiler FFXIV (59)... but man is it pretty! It is my new BG.
    EpEUezW.jpg

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    oZOpdJr.png

OH NO, WHAT HAVE I DONE.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    dAw1vZy.png
    So that last picture was pretty much in the dark, so I took one in the manor, mostly cause GOTTA SHOW OFF THE GUNS

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Heavensward Lvl59 MSQ spoilers
    SStYH6m.jpg

Woo. And I realized the statues on the flagship are the ones from FF6

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    So I'm really enjoying this ReShade(SweetFX) graphics upgradermabob. [ https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3970/ ]

40m0cnW.png

Unfortunately, the Depth of Field effect is only good for screenshots, as it messes with your UI and makes everything blurry. But still, with the other upgrades on everything looks sharper and more vibrant. When I toggle the mod off it looks like a dull haze is covering everything.

Edit: Also, a wild Larlar appears!

Skwigelf on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Just cleaned out my belly button

11010556_10206298520194773_8393479135149901318_o.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Got my Dark Knight up to 60 and rocked out some new glamour

n1VzjuX.jpg
    MStDUw3.jpg
    X7qp7UC.jpg

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Decided to get the Maelstrom armor set (thanks Masha!) since I had nothing better to spend with my allied seals.

yFlHnyU.jpg

Good enough to stay warm on a cold Ishgardian evening!

joomanjii on
    Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    That's the Maelstrom.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I got Elder Scrolls Online, finally.

iC5oQlSPHe6RU.png

I may be impressed with Tamriel, but Grucching Catte, Nightblade for Hire, is decidedly not.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Final Fantasy 14

Finally made it to Ishgard.

(with dark knight in training Cutter in tow)

nOnZ7Cu.jpg

Beautiful but depressingly filled with asshole elves as expected.

G5S3wGF.jpg

Recent guild run of Ifrit Hard nabbed me what is probably my favorite piece of equipment in the game I've seen so far that isn't a giant moogle fork.

Sd7DSfq.png

So yeah, now I can run around beating the shit out of monsters with what I assume is Ifrit's giant burning severed horn. Some really fun weapons in this game.

QYJ2yEP.png

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    I really like the feature where clicking on something makes your characters head focus it. Makes setting up poses really easy.

2E989843C190FF9030FDB59874D96652C4B4D86D

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It get's better! If you press pause/break your character looks at where the camera is currently located. You can then move the camera and your character's head will remain where it was pointed when you hit the button.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    It get's better! If you press pause/break your character looks at where the camera is currently located. You can then move the camera and your character's head will remain where it was pointed when you hit the button.

OMG!
    1xGuNCP.png
    PPgaN5N.png

Skwigelf on
  • Options
    I love how stupidly big these swords are.

oiixkng.png

sli3o6g.png

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Having a tiny narrow sword on your back just doesn't feel right as a dark knight.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    finally hit 60

694ca415a1.jpg

her expression sums up my feelings on the research facility's queue time

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Needs a big coat with pockets to stuff her hands into.

• Options
    And now for something completely different:

E943C493A53944CF3E3BD1B38D35264112DA6BDA

I really would happily pay an extra £5 a month to just be able to have multiple appearances on one character. Even if my anal ness over lore appropriate sounding names would fuck with me.

• Options
    The question isn't whether you would do it. The question is would more people pay for that than some other feature they could code.

• Options
    I think the more accurate response is that they can make more money off of people like me with fantasia.

Considering most of switching appearance data already exists in some form or another in game.

• Options
    After you factor in the damage it would do to fantasia sales.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    YAEqccO.png

A blue bird for a blue cat.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm a hungry baby

11802810_10206330737120176_3683931100206567925_o.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I spent this evening sorting out hotbars.

You wouldn't think this would take an evening but it started with just fixing up WHM so I've got stuff ready for new abilities (and a slot next to revive for when I get fucking swift cast) and quickly escalated when I noticed I had three side bars and there were twelve classes.

AF84F58D3EA80FC953C361DEAE93F757373C34D9

I trekked all over Eorzea in order to sate that particular bit of OCD.

Also you can do some weird stuff with the duty portals:

0C38A12A5DA87C410AF162DDD456D591029FA0C4

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Grucching Catte's adventures in Tamriel continue.

iDoikKmq3sXLA.jpg

Sighing at casual homophobia casually perpetrated in online games 2001 or so.

ibeipT2MWJRGVG.jpg

Huh, a PC with an actual Khajiit name. I actually have to say, I do like how most PCs blend in really well with NPCs in this game. Until someone starts casting a spell or whips out a mount, even people in the most garish glitter princess armor blend in nicely with the NPCs... and even low level armor doesn't look half bad.

Also, this screenshot really shows the relative pot belly of my character in comparison.

iGk0rNoNGMfT1.jpg

This one does not even enjoy fishing, but fish she must.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    About 75% of my FC is Roe, followed by an equal mix of cats, dragons, and potatoes. Very few elves and humans. Recently though, a number of the Roe population fantasia'd into Lalafells. I'm one of the originals, along with the Black Mage, but the Warrior is a recent convert. We decided to make a recruitment poster for more Lalas to join the team.

x0byk8zfwzi2.jpg

Which of course, needed to be escalated into a full dance party, because how else do you convert people without a little punch, pie, and dancing. Bonus dancing with moogles.

0bknc7zdcnul.jpg

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    bSSk1ft.png

Finally got my priestly klobuk hat from the Vault to finish my new Nyan Pope regalia.

488W936.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Just show that we exist, I play a hyur (hoo-man) in FFXIV:
    nbRQkNK.jpg

Also sometimes you run into some weird damn people. Came back from AFKing at a crystal to this:
    9GRUm1P.jpg

• Options
    Okay, @Rie has a good glamour.

8jZTcyd.png

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Stache needs to be pink!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    1E7B73A892611108520946EF3EDBA0A402A05228

The most exceedingly fashionable gentlemen.

• Options
    I don't think Bear Hugs ever leaves Ul'dah.

Every time I go there, he's standing outside of the Adventurer's Guild.

• Options
    Various stuff from around level 50 of the HW MSQ. The shots aren't super spoilerish but the stuff I'll be talking about is:
    5B8405637EBA70DB00060E74F38A4A93B7A12A92

I'm just gonna say it, I kinda just got giddy when they said trial by combat. Ha ha Ishgard, your culture and values continue to be complete shite and now I'm going to get to beat the shit out of you while freeing my friends at the same time. I'd like to think R'ashaht didn't really do much white mageing that time. Just took out her staff and used it as a huge ass mace of death.

00146089A09F1A6C88EC577D3E737B18AB790308

Harchefant still the broest of bros.

The rest of these are just because I really liked some of the camera angles going on during your Arch Bishop meeting. Also shocked that he's not a complete tool bag and actually seems closer to Aymeric's pragmatism. On that note Aymeric still has the best voice.

59C49D92400151ACACA6CDFD20271EF855C7D1C0

93A05FA63CCC7AF50090A84CE9181FD7EDC16290

861DB44CCEC3B958575560FDFBDDB44D2E1C717F

• Options
    I need more cats!
    l6R87Tp.png?1

MOAR!

(best part about the fat cats is that if you feed them, they stay where they are after they come to you. Also their little legs when they roll over.)