As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Error getting FEAR demo from 360 Marketplace -- anybody else?

mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER]Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
I was considering buying FEAR for the 360 after our discussion on game AI, but I wanted to play the demo again before putting $60 down on it. The FEAR demo won't download, for some reason.

If anybody with a 360 has a spare moment: could you try to download the FEAR demo and see if it'll download?

If I have no other downloads going and I start the FEAR demo and just let it sit there, it quickly jumps from 0% to 1%, sticks on 1% for about 10-15 seconds, and then fails. I get a notification that says "Can't download F.E.A.R. Demo", and an error blade pops out from the right with error code 80070570. Does this happen to anyone else? I retried the download several times last night and several times today. (Don't tell MS but I even signed in the UK profile I created and tried to download it from there. Same error. The demo doesn't seem to exist on the JP profile's marketplace.)

I called Xbox Live support and I'm not impressed with their critical thinking ability. He had me check for a partial download in 'storage', which makes plenty of sense -- but then he had me do an Xbox Live connection test, even though I told him I had another download running already. The Xbox Live support guy says he isn't going to escalate it until it's been happening for 24 hours, so I'm going to call back with a ticket number tomorrow morning. X__X

MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
mspencer on

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    googling seems to say that the error code 80070570 is for when content has been taken off live, but for some reason the download link is still up.

LewieP on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, it's been doing it for a while. No idea why.

ben0207 on