As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

-Problem Resolved-

ZercofZercof Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
Short Version:Reformatted Computer (1 of 2 luckily), running on XP Home, Can't get network running again. (It claims it cannot find my network hardware)

Long Version:To clear all the unnecessary junk off of it, I Reformatted my computer (E-machines T2865) that I "inherited" from my family because they got a newer one.(E-machines T6528) I know E-machines suck, but I don't buy the computrs, so I'm stuck with it. My problem is that once I reformatted the computer, and installed XP Home edition, It won't connect to the internet.

I have my modem (Motorola SB4200) hooked into it, but it won't automatically detect and download the necessary things. After running wizards upon wizards I concluded that the drivers for the modem are not installed. (On many instanced I was asked for the Installation CD, which we do not have and Motorola will not replace because its discontinued (they told this to me)) Motorola referred me to a site where I could download the necessary drivers, and I did. The download, however, had no instruction on how to install this new driver. I ended up, after much toying around, simply putting it in my system32/drivers file. The internet will still not connect.

Now I tried to set up a network with this (new) PC and internet. The old (my) PC said that it could not complete the network because the wizard cannot detect my network hardware. I have been toying with this for hours over the past 3 days and am at the end of my rope.

If ANYONE can help, please do!!! (I don't want to have to buy a new modem just to get my existing interent to work)

Zercof.png
Zercof on

• FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Did you go to device manager and install the driver from the device's menu there? You can't just put a file in a folder and call it installed.

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • ZercofZercof Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nevermind... I was posting in a different forum and have gotten the problem resolved!

Zercof on
    Zercof.png
This discussion has been closed.