As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[State of Decay] YOSE available now on XBone/PC. $10 off for returning SoD owners!

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I just started playing this today. It says I need... this little pyramid of dots?... to upgrade a sleep space at the church. Where do I find them?

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Building materials.

Either ask Lisa to find some or start looking around.

Are houses/locations weighted to having certain items? Like I'm more likely to find Gas/Food at a gas station then I am say medicine? Or materials in a workshed but less likely to find food?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Nocren wrote: »
    Building materials.

Either ask Lisa to find some or start looking around.

Are houses/locations weighted to having certain items? Like I'm more likely to find Gas/Food at a gas station then I am say medicine? Or materials in a workshed but less likely to find food?

Yeah, about the only thing you find in a gasoline barrel is... fuel. Sometimes pre-made molitovs.

Construction sites nearly always have building materials, and some houses appear to have been in the middle of DIY projects when the apocalypse hit, so they have materials, too.

You usually find ammo in gun stores, cop shops, and the sheds of troubled loners.

Food is in every house and restaurant. So much food.

Medicine is in many houses and some stores, plus the vet clinic.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Should I just rush warehouse?

Where is that, exactly?

When you finish the mission to look for a new home, you are standing right next to it.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    According to the wiki, you get a better workshop if you have the advanced people for it when you acquire the warehouse, but it also seemed unsure of itself.

• Options
    According to the wiki, you get a better workshop if you have the advanced people for it when you acquire the warehouse, but it also seemed unsure of itself.

I'll see if I can confirm this. I had a vehicle workshop at the church before I left the first time because I had a tools expert and had the same at the warehouse. Haven't found a tool guy yet, so let's see what happens.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    Did they ever fix the watchtower PC bug with Snyder Trucking Warehouse? It became permanently abandoned on every playthrough of mine, the person manning it was listed as on the job but they would just be idling around the base.

The watchtower seems to be the primary way to call in the rest of the base defenders too so zombies could be eating everyone right inside the fence and hardly anyone would come out to help. Kind of became a show stopper for me since there is no better base overall. I don't know if other watchtowers suffer the same abandonment bug but I was thinking of switching to the house with the treehouse watchtower due to this.

I know you can surround yourself with outposts but it's just not the same as the cozy feeling of being covered by a jumpy caffeinated sniper in the dark at 3am. :\

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Well, that was fun. Finally finished.

Said "Fuck you" to the Wilkersons so I didn't get their achievement, and only had 1 death (I swear... "Yeah, let's go 'talk' while clearing out a warehouse full of zombies WHILE a horde is passing nearby." Really fucking helpful.), now to debate if I wanna buy Breakdown or not...

Oh and the Warehouse's repair shop is always gonna be the vehicle repair facility.

Edit: on a final note, whacking a zombie with a car door will never not put a smile on my face. :D

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Oh and the Warehouse's repair shop is always gonna be the vehicle repair facility.

Did they patch this in recently? I know in my game the workshop there is just a basic workshop that I can't upgrade. No car repair or anything.

E: Just checked, it's the basic one that only repairs wheel and bumper damage. Not a machine shop that repairs engine damage.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Maybe?

I didn't really follow this thread or game or anything since about 2 weeks after announcement to about 2 weeks ago.

I've only gotten to the warehouse twice though, one time with a tool expert and had my church repair shop at the car repair level (full repair), and just now where I only had the first upgrade at the church and no expert when I moved but the facility was at the full car repair level.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Did they patch this in recently? I know in my game the workshop there is just a basic workshop that I can't upgrade. No car repair or anything.

Same for me.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Hmm I don't think I have a tool expert, that may be it.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I may dig around in the game scripts and see if I can find anything. Thankfully this game is pretty moddable.

• Options
    New patch today. This is the only change I could find:
    Found and fixed the cause of recent story progression halt issues

• Options
    So I finished this the other night.

Fuck that reservoir scene.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    full notes from today:

- Fixed several instances of community members standing idle.
    - Players will no longer see an event called CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT. This was a developer-only fate card that didn't get removed before going live. Sorry, everyone.
    - Fixed a bug that prevented Chemical Incendiary research at Snyder's. Players may now satisfy the prerequisites with the built-in workshop (and not with other workshops).
    - Synced stealth kills vs. walls and low walls now properly credit the Ninja challenge.
    - Inventory stockpiles are now limited to 120 instead of 60.
    - We no longer zero out meds and snacks on next day and instead just subtract home population
    - Fix for some story missions not progressing (those not getting the Watchtower mission at the Grange).

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    full notes from today:

- Players will no longer see an event called CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT. This was a developer-only fate card that didn't get removed before going live. Sorry, everyone.
    - Fixed a bug that prevented Chemical Incendiary research at Snyder's. Players may now satisfy the prerequisites with the built-in workshop (and not with other workshops).
    - Synced stealth kills vs. walls and low walls now properly credit the Ninja challenge.
    - We no longer zero out meds and snacks on next day and instead just subtract home population
    - Fix for some story missions not progressing (those not getting the Watchtower mission at the Grange).

That's the patch notes from the 1/10 patch. I think this one today just further fixed the story progression bug.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Is there a way to find out if/when Steam updates a game? If it's not in the news channel then there's no way, correct?

• Options
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    full notes from today:

That's the patch notes from the 1/10 patch. I think this one today just further fixed the story progression bug.

Oh, duh. Misread date on steam.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    New expansion announced! The only thing they're telling us is that there is a new map:
    http://undeadlabs.com/news/

I think I'm going to get playing this again to try to finish my Breakdown achievements before this comes out.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Fuck yeah. New map?

Day 1.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Also, I noticed the cute little Plants vs Zombies reference in one of the yards too.

There's neat little references scattered all over the game. "Elect Richard Grimes for Sherrif" signs in yards, for example. :)

My favorite is still the graffiti that says "Adios Gustavo" with a man suspiciously similar to another Gustavo that also has half his face blown off on the graffiti.

• Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    So, the new DLC is going to take place at the height of the zombie outbreak, with you being in the shoes of the military trying to hold things together.

http://undeadlabs.com/2014/02/news/in-the-army-now/

Also, the ability to load rucksacks and other items into vehicle trunks is currently in testing.

http://undeadlabs.com/2014/03/news/rucks-in-trucks-and-cars/

• Options
    That would be so awesome to use vehicles as something other than zombie plows.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Came across this today -- an hour-long video of the developers doing a Lifeline play-through.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3291306/enjoy-hour-state-decay-lifeline-footage/

Love the new map, making vehicles more useful, and more upgrades for your base. Can't wait.

• Options
    Just saw the Lifeline trailer in XBL. Hopefully the new missions have a real ending this time.

• Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    Hard to believe this is going to drop on XBL May 30. Thought for sure the 'June' date they were referring to would get pushed back. Of course the first time a DLC gets released before its planned date, it has to be on the same weekend as my wife's birthday.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    They really need to announce they're porting this to the Xbox One already. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    So Lifeline is available on Steam tomorrow. Pretty keen on coming back to this game on the new map. Here's hoping it's awesome!

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    yessss i should finish breakdown

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Downloaded and played for an hour.

Zombie spawn rate has been upped dramatically, and they now respawn a few steps ahead of yeah. I had yards I couldn't clear because the zombies spawned in groups of 15ish, and respawned a few steps away from where they died before the body has stopped moving. This must be a bug.

Then I played on a bit and my base got assaulted by a shitload of zombies. The tutorial message told me to call in an artillery barrage, but didn't tell me how so I couldn't. The menu item for 'Call artillery barrage' is apparently not enough to...call an artillery barrage.

Anyway, so me and my survivors started fighting. Actually, just me an my survivor (singular) because despite the fact that the zombies were all coming through a single breach (bout 20 to 30) my survivors decided they really, really needed to guard the other gates. The completely intact, barricaded and closed gates where there where no zombies. Ok then. So the one survivor that fought beside me died because 20 odd zombies will do that.

At this point I wonder why _any_ of the survivors are even on the ground, seeing as we have perfectly good fortifications which are reached by ladders. Ladders being things the zombies haven't quite mastered yet, and us being equipped with firearms could merely stand on the fortifications to win. Apparently I was the only one who had that thought, because the pile of zombies simply went from lone survivor to lone survivor killing them one at a time as they stood on the ground in the open. Lovely.

So I'm not exactly impressed atm. Gonna restart and see what can be done, but at this point the AI is absolutely terrible. Base attacks are now a regularly scripted thing, so I would have expected the survivors to have been updated to compensate.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Breakdown is a lot harder than the normal game so far. Already had two people torn apart. From now on i'm telling any of my people wanting to go hunt down a Juggernaut that no, that's not going to happen. Also any other survivor groups that need help barricading can deal with it themselves. I have enough trouble with almost everyone in my group being sick or tired. I just need to get the hell out of The Alamo and into the Trucking Warehouse as fast as I can.

At least I have the RV fixed now so I can ditch at any time, but not sure that would be the wisest move if each reset makes things more difficult.

• Options
    Breakdown is a lot harder than the normal game so far. Already had two people torn apart. From now on i'm telling any of my people wanting to go hunt down a Juggernaut that no, that's not going to happen. Also any other survivor groups that need help barricading can deal with it themselves. I have enough trouble with almost everyone in my group being sick or tired. I just need to get the hell out of The Alamo and into the Trucking Warehouse as fast as I can.

At least I have the RV fixed now so I can ditch at any time, but not sure that would be the wisest move if each reset makes things more difficult.

I made the mistake of fixing the RV and bugging out while playing the preacher. Apparently your whole crew doesn't come with you, your current character just leaves them to die or something. So I ended up dropping into the fairgrounds area with just one support character. I quit playing shortly after that.

Sounds like I'm going to wait on Lifeline until there are some bugfixes, because Lanrutcon's experience doesn't sound fun.

• Options
    What i've read says that you bring Lily, the character you're controlling, and five others. Given the way the rest of the game is structured, though, I wouldn't be surprised if the prompt to select the others was easily miss-able.

• Options
    What i've read says that you bring Lily, the character you're controlling, and five others. Given the way the rest of the game is structured, though, I wouldn't be surprised if the prompt to select the others was easily miss-able.

I had over five characters. I hit the bugout button and it asked me if I was sure. That is all I remember.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

I had over five characters. I hit the bugout button and it asked me if I was sure. That is all I remember.

Yea, it is very easy to miss. You select the option and have a chance to walk around and talk to people to decide who is coming. However, if you select the option again (probably that "are you sure" option) you just leave without anyone. They really needed to kick you out of your menu and have a tutorial pop up so you know what you are doing. I did the exact same thing as you my first time.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Apparently the spawning issues and faulty AI is pretty much a thing with the new DLC. Wait for a patch before jumping in, but that being said: it's pretty cheap anyway.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular

I practically always skip hunt missions. I never get enough time to scavenge without someone asking for help and I feel like those are the most pointless and asinine things you could do in this world. (I wonder how much I'm penalizing myself game points wise.)

Barricading hasn't been so bad as the last Jugg I saw just bugged out at one of the windows and wandered around in the backyard until I pinned him between rear bumper of truck and a propane tank set piece.

I stopped Breakdown because I felt I was at this sort of equilibrium at 12 survivors, everything in the base was built and I wasn't finding any guns to really make things easier so it started getting very repetitive with no more potential for major upgrades in my defense. The rucksack in trucks thing from Lifeline has me a bit interested but the bad AI has bothered me long before Lifeline. I've had the same sorts of things happen in Breakdown and the base game with 1-2 survivors getting ripped apart in the front of STW and the rest just chilling in the back plainly in line of sight and the watchtower sloppily manned as usual.

The watchtower doesn't seem actually bugged anymore at least, just the person assigned doing their usual slack job now which may be a factor of my lack of available guns but it's hard to tell since sometimes they seem to produce a magic rifle when I don't have any rifles. I helped alleviate the perimeter defense problem in STW by putting buildings they like to hang out in such as the med tent around the outside which made more difference than anything besides outposts.