As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[fixed][bug] Opening Quote in new link doubly nests quotes

ronyaronya Arrrrrf.the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
Pursuing the Quote link nests the quoted post twice, i.e.,
Author wrote:
Author wrote:
the quoted post

One opens the link to, e.g., compose a reply in a new tab whilst continuing to read down the thread, or to easily copy+paste multiple quoted posts whilst writing long replies.

But if the AJAX fouled up for some reason, it'd kick you there too.

fix plz

(new thread requested by @IcyLiquid )

aRkpc.gif
IcyLiquid on

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    generic whinging: it is one thing when AJAX is required for features that, strictly speaking, shouldn't require javascript. Reactions and Preview being annoying examples. It is quite another to fail ungracefully and cough up nonsensical error messages when your connection is too slow or flaky for it to tolerate; this renders the forums unusable no matter what the user does.

If I am writing a reply whilst in a McDonald's login-only free wifi, and I take so darned long penning my wisdom that its wifi boots me off and wants a new login, hitting Post should not have the little black popup uselessly show me the login page's html. It should just try to http POST, fail, and let my browser sessionsave my form submission data.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Oh huh, look at that. This only happens when you quote in a new window, yeah?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am experiencing this issue too. I never manually create a new tab to quote either, but am occasionally thrown into a new page when clicking to quote someone.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I am experiencing this issue too. I never manually create a new tab to quote either, but am occasionally thrown into a new page when clicking to quote someone.

That has always happened to me, only occasionally like you said.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    As a note for interested posterity (haw haw haw), this issue arose in apparently the same update as this one.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I was wondering why a lot of double quotes seemed to be popping up around here lately

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    @IcyLiquid

Would it be productive to make a thread about this on the main Vanilla board? This is one of those mosquito-bite first-world-problem issues that's moderately annoying and ubiquitous, but I don't know what vanilla mods the PA forums have and/or how busy you are and whether you can fix it.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    No. I'll fix it.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I have fixed it now, you damn whiners. :p

Geth, ban anyone who complains

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Huzzah! Thank you very much.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Geth, ban anyone who complains
    WE ARE LEGIO- wait, what?

Oh no, the implants were real.

YL9WnCY.png