Graphics and Atmosphere:
-- adds more ambiance to the game world and a lot more, I highly recommend it. This mod changes a lot of things in regards to what characters wear and what they're doing in game, so you may want to read through before you install.
Dragon Age Redesigned
-- Another major overhaul of the game in terms of graphics, all good in my opinion.
-- Improves the look of the game, giving it a more high-res appearance.
Circles Be Gone
-- Removes the targeting circles from the game. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to take screen shots and enjoy the view of the game.
Shale Retextured HD
-- Improves Shale's bodily textures to a high-res quality.
No Helmet Hack 1.6
- This mod makes helmets invisible "by placing helmets in the cloak slot. Each character maintains their own visibility setting. The helmets are visible on the inventory paperdoll for comparison and easy swapping.
Personal Annoyance Remover
-- Removes/reduces the visual effects from many of the sustained modes. Note that there is an option to download a version of Combat Tweaks with this file already installed
-- Adds more hairstyle options to the character generator.
Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors
-- Adds more colors and tones options for the character generator.
Items & Related:
- This adds an invaluable chest to the player camp for all the pack rats out there.
Leliana's True Sacred Ashes Armor
- This mod gives you an armor for Leliana modeled after the one she wore in the Sacred Ashes CG trailer.
Gray Warden Runic Armor
- This mod gives you a powerful set of armor, three shields, and several swords as a variant of the Warden armor.
Madd Gift Guide
- This mod edits the item description for gifts with the name of the companion it is intended for.
Gift Guide - Awakening
- This is a companion mod to Madd Gift Guide that adds support for The Stone Prisoner, Return to Ostagar and Awakening.
Gameplay & Combat:
Extra Dog Slot
-- Makes Dog a permanent 5th member by allowing him to be summoned by the Warden. Keep in mind he counts as a Summon so if your Warden is a Ranger, you won't be able to have Dog and one of your summoned animals out at the same time.
Full Combatant Dog
-- Improves Dog's base stats and gives him access to more abilities, making him more of a contributing party member. I was never able to get it to work exactly how it states in the description, but it works well enough for me.
-- Gives you a ton of new tactics options for setting up your AI. A must-have.
-- Overhauls a lot of the spells, talents and formulas in the game. Most of the changes are well-balanced in my opinion and apply to all creatures, not just your party.
No Automatic Deactivation
-- Stops the automatic deactivation of certain sustained abilities at the end of combat, such as Berserk and Blood Magic. Really useful.
Skip the Fade
- This mod teleports you directly to your companions instead of going through the entire dungeon, as well as giving you all the attribute points, experience points, and codex entries you would have normally earned if you completed the Fade.
- This mod allows you to bash or force locked doors and chest opens, with a number of configuration options such as item breakage and stat requirements.
The Winter Forge
-- Adds a new crafting skill, "Enchantment" to game, to be used in conjunction with the new Winter Forge added to the campsite. A pretty in-depth system that allows you to create entirely new items or modify existing ones with custom stats, effects and abilities.
Awakening in the OC
-- Adds the resources, specializations, spells, skills and talents of the Awakening campaign to the OC. Love it.
slinks s3 RAVAge
-- Totally overhauls the game world, mostly in terms of combat encounters, weapons, armor and items. Definitely not for everyone, but good if you're seeking more variety in the game or a bigger challenge.
Morrigan Restoration Patch Dialogue Fixpack
-- Restores lines and scenes that were cut from the game before release. Fleshes her character out a lot more, making her seem less one-dimensional. Worth checking out if only just to see the missing scenes, such as ratting her out to the Templars at the Circle Tower, or the post-Flemeth encounter scene.
Dragon Age Rules Fixpack
-- A set of tweaks and bug fixes, but most importantly a modified events manager file that allows it to take on more of a load without crashing the game. The tweaks and bug fix files are entirely module and don't have to be added, but the Core Files folder does need to be installed for anything to work, as it also includes the events manager files. Very useful.
- "This addon allows the player to reset the base attributes, specialization points, spells, talents and skills of the hero character and any of the party members to the default values and returns the remaining points so they can be spent again. The addon takes into account every bonus point the characters receive during the game including CE and DLC items, tomes, bonus points from the Fade, etc.
- This mod "changes companion dialogues for consistency, bug fixing, and adds new minor options. All dialogue is voiced by original game voice actors; these are changes to scripting, text, and dialogue conditions to make use of or correct existing dialogue.
" The creator suggests using the following two mods in conjunction with Dialogue Tweaks:
Alistair Dialog Patch
- This mod "fixes many endgame dialogue issues relating to Alistair and his status, as well as some other adjustments to Alistair's general dialogue and romance-related dialogue.
Endgame Dialogue Fixes
- This mod makes "corrections to endgame dialogue issues relating to Alistair and his status, as well as optional endgame slideshow changes to expand on the original story.